Dr. Jay Lipoff MD Patient Reviews

3.3

• Good
  • Bad

December 22nd, 2016
Very knowledgeable and professional practitioner
I am an RN and not easily impressed by many physicians but Dr. Lipoff is very special. I was misdiagnosed by another cardiologist and given a year to live. Dr. Lipoff took care of me for 15 years and I did very well. He was very honest in his communications with me and I had no complaints about his bedside manner. I had to change physicians when he left the area and, while I like my current MD, I wish that Dr. Lipoff was still here. I trust him implicitly.

June 18th, 2013
Old Fashioned, Needs to Retire
Went in for a stress test as part of the requirements for bariatric surgery and was asked by Dr. Lipoff if I had any kids. When I said I had none he said I was abnormal for not having children or a family at my age (I was 45). Then during the test I jokingly asked if I passed the test and he made a sarcastic remark that maybe if I hadn't let myself get so fat I wouldn't need his test for bariatric surgery. I left in tears. The man charges an arm and a leg, doesn't take debit or credit cards, has no clue what an HSA card is, and I had to pay in cash. I will never ever go to this man again if he was the last m.d. alive and I was having a heart attack.

September 9th, 2015