Overall Review

no change

August 28th, 2016
Mother
Amazing listener, logical, thorough, insightful, very perceptive, knowledgeable...in short exceptionally skilled. God bless and multiply his time so he may give to others as he has given me and my family.

December 24th, 2015
Absolute disgrace
Doc left our family hanging . He left town and we have been trying for over a year to get our records . He professes to be a upstanding religious man but we have come to find out this is very far from the truth . You are a disgrace to the medical field and you should be ashamed to call yourself a man you are coward not to return any phone calls. Remember dr lorah karma always has its way I wish only the worst for you.

November 10th, 2015
Only Dr who seems to listen.
So far I have been a patient of his for a year and he is a good man who actually seems to care he has no problem listening I hope he sticks around.

January 5th, 2015
Awesome Doctor
He listen to his patients. He take the time to find out the problem, not just put a band aid on it and rush you out.. REFRESHING.. With the horrible remarks made by new York People.. I understand why he might want to have left.. Office staff is wonderful, friendly, and very welcoming.. Highly recommend his and his staff.

December 26th, 2014
need my records
Nothing negative to say about dr. Lorah, except, I would lIke a response to my request I sent as per his instructions for my medical records. I need my years of medical records and my wife's. We sent a letter as per. The instructions, that was almost 6 months ago.

December 10th, 2014
Nothing negative to say about Dr. Lorah. I just need our medical records. No one will see my daughter without them. She needs her 3rd hpv vaccine time is running out cause they have to be given within a time frame. I also need my records! Please!!!!

October 23rd, 2014
The OFFICE IS OPEN!!!!
I used to goto Dr. Jay Lorah’s office in pearl river. A few months ago, it was frustrating going by the office to see that it wasn’t open anymore. I had no clue what I was supposed to do to get my medical documents. Just went by the office last week and the office is open! & completely remodeled! Looks fantastic! There is a new physician there (Dr. Noble Jacob) who is extremely friendly and welcoming. Apparently he was born and raised in Rockland county and plans on staying! He spent time with me asking me about my history and getting to know me better. My visit was also very educational. I recommend those that got lost in this whole mess with their medical care to head back to that office. They have nothing to do w Dr. Jay Lorah but will do everything they can to acquire your medical documents.

September 23rd, 2014
Very disappointed
As I have stated in my previous review about Dr. Jay Lorah, I really loved him as my doctor. He is fair, honest, and nice. The only issue that I have is that I desperately needed a refill of medication that I have been on 10+ years. It is the type of medication where if you stop it, it is NOT good. It causes HIGH blood pressure (which mine was 150/102 from the withdrawl effect). In an emergency, my husband called a physician that he recently started to see to see if they could fit me in so I could get this refill since after three weeks of leaving messages plus a fax today, Dr. Lorah would not call in the script so I can get by for a month to find a new doctor. I am so disappointed that he could not have anyone from his new office call me to tell me that he won't call in the Rx or tell me why he won't. No communication at all. I even sent a direct fax to the new practice begging for him to call in one last Rx. NOTHING. Dr. Lorah, I really liked and respected you but you definitely let me down so much the past three weeks. I wish you could have just told me that you could not do it or something. I got nothing. I did not know you moved at all. You were my favorite doctor. All I wanted was one month to find a new doctor in my area. You know that this drug has horrible withdraw effects that included high blood pressure. I am very fortunate that my husband's doctor was able to squeeze me in today. I could have been in the ER tonight. Now, I am feeling so much better after getting my Rx filled. I understand that things happen in everyone's life but even my new doctor is shocked that you could not even just call me to tell me that you won't refill my script. I wish you all of the happiness in the world. I know you had a premature baby in the NICU. I have two babies in the NICU myself so it is tough and scary. Your former patients needed you and feel very abandoned. That is not good business.

September 23rd, 2014
Great Doctor
I really liked seeing Dr. Jay Lorah in Pearl River, NY. I used to live in Nanuet, I continued to see Dr. Lorah for years even after moving to Connecticut. He was worth the drive. I wish I lived in Kentucky since I would continue to see him. He has been very understanding about insurance issues and needs. I am shocked that he left without notice; however, after reading his responses it was not something he wanted to do or planned to do so I understand. I hope you can spend the time with his family.

September 21st, 2014
LET'S RETHINK THIS
I know former patients are upset, angry and disappointed but please try to be fair. "Stuff" happens and it appears that Dr.Lorah got caught up in a really bad "stuff" storm. I found out quite by accident and was a little taken aback. But to say he is a bad doctor who didn't care about his patients is patently unfair and untrue. One of the best memories my husband had, during the last months of his life , was the time he spent talking with Dr.Lorah about life style philosophy. He had been a patient for a very short time and was under the direct care of an oncologist but Dr.Lorah was always there. I was a patient long before my husband was and, even though at times I found the office staff exasperating, Dr. Lorah was ALWAYS available. For a comment to be made about his children driving him crazy is irrelevant, unkind and untrue. Haters love to hate anything they don't understand and for a Dr to put his love of family and a simpler way of life before his professional gains is difficult for many people to wrap their minds around. Many of us will miss him but life goes on and I wish him , Mrs.Lorah and all the kids nothing but good things.

April 17th, 2014
New Patient in Kentucky
Dr. Lorah is a wonderful and attentive Doctor. He is very easy to talk to and you are able to ask the questions that you want to ask and will answer everything without making you feel your concern is unimportant. I find him very caring and polite. Honest and will tell you what you need to hear instead of what you want to hear. I am thankful he has relocated to this area of Kentucky and all of his staff are just as pleasant as he is.

April 6th, 2014
My family has had Dr Lorah for at least 15 years and he was great for and to us. However, we were shocked when he was gone w/o notice and his message said someone would still be helping anyone needing it- but that never happened. The office was shut and closed and he was gone and so too our records? We went to the Dr who was supposed to be taking over his practice all the way in Dumont NJ and his people were like "what are you talking about"! It was a mystery to them. It was so hard to believe this would happen so quickly and maybe the oncoming of Obamacare drove him away? Regardless just a few months notice would have been appreciated as now my wife scrambles to find someone and its a start from scratch situation that is not pleasant. We do wish him well- he was a good guy and Dr for us. BUT his leaving the way he did? Thats what the one star was for. The rumor is he went to Kentucky? If he did God Bless and good luck in a much nicer area. I know any move was for the better- but we left behind feel "kinda screwed". To sum it up if he went to Kentucky- its their gain and our loss. We were hoping to grow old with him.