Family Physicians
275 N Middletown Rd
Ste 2A
Pearl River, NY 10965
(845) 535-3007
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

|  Surprised, but not surprised  |  show details
by Tom on Jul 16th, 2014

Got a letter stating that Dr Lorah has dropped my insurance and that I need to find another primary care physician. I dragged my feet on this and finally set up an appointment with another doctor (oddly, at Dr. Lorah's old office in Nanuet). While giving the new doctor a list of my current concerns I just happen to mention that Dr. Lorah's office dropped my insurance and I was told by the new doctor that, not only that, but he closed his office and split town and went to Kentucky! huh??? I was told that he did not inform his patience of this. Seems odd. The new office told me that they've tried to get patience records from him and, at first, they were able but, as time goes by, its seems impossible. I just tried to call to see if I could get my records transferred and was informed that the number has been changed. I called the new number and was informed that the mailbox is full. I liked Dr. Laura but, in recent years, the staff he had proved to be more and more incompetent. Something didn't seem right there for a long time. My girlfriend was also a patient of his and MONTHS after giving a blood test, she was told she had Lyme disease! So, while I'm surprised at his methods of departure, I'm not surprised as things didn't seem right there ever since he moved into the Pearl River office. I've been a patient of his for about 15 years. First in Nanuet, then West Nyack and then Pearl River. Kentucky???? Very odd. All those kids probably drove him crazy!!

|  MAJOR COMPLAINT  |  show details
by GLENN LEWIS on Jun 9th, 2014

I HAVE FILED A FORMAL COMPLAINT AGAINST DR. JAY A. LORAH WITH THE OFFICE OF MEDICAL CONDUCT AND HE IS BEING INVESTIGATED.HE LEFT FOR KENTUCKY AND THERE'S BEEN NO REPLACEMENT DR. AFTER MORE THAN 4 MONTHS.B)HIS OFFICE RECORDING SAYS IT'S CLOSED.THE MEDICAL NEED-EMERGENCY # HE STATED HAS HAD A RECORDING SAYING THE VOICE MAIL BOX IS FULL AND NO CALLS CAN BE ACCEPTED FOR AT LEAST 4 MONTHS.C)MY FRAGILE 89 YEAR OLD DAD HAD A VERY IMPORTANT ECO CARDIOGRAM TEST IN JANUARY AND NEVER GOT THE RESULTS FROM DR. LORAH'S OFFICE AFTER 4 MONTHS. FINALLY GOT A COMPLICATED PICTORIAL RESULT INDIRECTLY FROM THE KIND RADIOLOGY OFFICE THAT DID THE TEST.BUT IT HADN'T BEEN READ BY A DOCTOR SO MY STEP FATHER WENT TO 2 OTHER DOCTOR'S HE'S SEEING,BUT WAS TOLD IT COULD ONLY BE READ BY AN INTERNIST.AN 89 YEAR OLD MAN WITH ENOUGH PROBLEMS BEING PUT THROUGH THIS.WAS TOLD HE COULD GO TO DUMONT,N.J. TO HAVE THE RESULTS READ BY THE REPLACEMENT DOCTOR(BY THE RADIOLOGY OFFICE).THERE WAS NO FREAKIN' REPLACEMENT DOCTOR) C)NO ACCESS TO HIS MEDICAL RECORDS AFTER MORE THAN 4 MONTHS!!!!D)DR.LORAH'S WEB SITE DOESN'T INDICATE HE'S NO LONGER PRACTICING IN ROCKLAND COUNTY,N.Y. IT STILL LISTS HIS SAME 2 FORMER OFFICES IN PEARL RIVER AND WEST NYACK,N.Y. AS IF IT'S BUSINESS AS USUAL!!!!BY TOTALLY ABANDONING ALL HIS PATIENTS,INCLUDING THE MOST VULNERABLE,HE IS EXTREMELY NEGLIGENT AND HAS PUT ALL HIS FORMER PATIENTS IN GREAT DANGER,ONE WAY GIVING THEM NO ACCESS TO THEIR MEDICAL RECORDS.THERE'S NO WAY DR. LORAH CAN DENY OR GIVE ANY ETHICAL REASON FOR WHAT ARE VERY SERIOUS DOCUMENTED FACTS.THE OFFICE OF MEDICAL CONDUCT WILL BE KEEPING ME UP TO DATE REGARDING THE INVESTIGATION.A SUSPENSION FROM PRACTICING FOR A SPECIFIC PERIOD OF TIME AT THE LEAST IS MORE THAN JUSTIFIED.MY DAD NOW HAS A NEW DOCTOR WHO,UNLIKE DR.LORAH,SEEMS TO CARE ABOUT HIS PATIENTS.NOT IN DR.LORAH'S CLOSED OFFICE.IT WOULD BE A SLAP IN THE FACE TO EVER TAKE ONE STEP INTO IT EVER AGAIN.WHY JUMP LIKE A SEAL WHEN HE TOOK HIS SWEET TIME GETTING SET UP IN KENTUCKY.WHOEVER THE NEW DR. ENDS UP TO BE,I WISH HIM LUCK.ANYONE DECIDING TO STAY WITH THAT OFFICE MAY BE GETTING A GREAT DOCTOR.HE OR SHE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS ABOMINATION!

|  New Patient in Kentucky  |  show details
by MaleBMW In Kentucky on Apr 17th, 2014

Dr. Lorah is a wonderful and attentive Doctor. He is very easy to talk to and you are able to ask the questions that you want to ask and will answer everything without making you feel your concern is unimportant. I find him very caring and polite. Honest and will tell you what you need to hear instead of what you want to hear. I am thankful he has relocated to this area of Kentucky and all of his staff are just as pleasant as he is.

|  COMPLAINT IN REGARD TO DR. JAY A. LORAH  |  show details
by GLENN LEWIS. on Apr 13th, 2014

DR.JAY A. LORAH IS A DISGRACE TO THE MEDICAL PROFESSION.HE ABANDONED HIS PATIENTS BY MOVING TO KENTUCKY IN JANUARY IN A SO CALLED TRANSITION PERIOD .IT'S NOW APRIL AND THERE'S STILL NO DOCTOR TAKING OVER HIS PRACTICE!!!MY 89 YEAR OLD DAD TOOK A VERY IMPORTANT TEST IN JANUARY AND,BELIEVE IT OR NOT,STILL HASN'T GOTTEN THE RESULTS.HE CALLED DR.LORAH'S FORMER OFFICE AND NO ONE ANSWERED 99% OF THE TIME.WHEN SOMEONE FINALLY ANSWERED, WHEN HE CALLED ABOUT THE TEST RESULTS(VERY IMPORTANT ECO CARDIOGRAM),A WOMAN TOLD HIM SHE KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT IT AND GAVE HIM A NUMBER IN VIRGINIA TO CALL..HE DID SO AND WAS TOLD TO DRIVE TO DUMONT,NEW JERSEY FOR THE RESULTS.DO YOU BELIEVE THIS??A FRAGILE 89 YEAR OLD MAN WITH NO ACCESS TO HIS RECORDS AND NO VITALLY IMPORTANT TEST RESULTS FOR 3 MONTHS??? IN ADDITION,BEING GIVEN AN AGGRAVATING RUN AROUND TO GET RESULTS WHEN HE ALREADY HAS ENOUGH SERIOUS PROBLEMS TO DEAL WITH.DR. LORAH'S TOTAL LACK OF REGARD FOR THE SAFETY OF HIS ROCKLAND COUNTY PATIENTS,INCLUDING VERY ELDERLY ONES ,IS NEGLIGENT,HEARTLESS AND CRUEL.I STRONGLY FEEL THAT HE NOT BE PERMITTED TO PRACTICE MEDICINE IN KENTUCKY OR ANY WHERE ELSE.I BADLY WANT TO GIVE HIM 0 STARS ABOVE,BUT THE COMPUTER INSISTS ON A RATING.ONE STAR IS FAR TOO MANY!!!!IF ANYTHING HAPPENS TO MY DAD AS A RESULT OF DR.LORAH'S TOTAL ABANDONMENT OF HIS URGENT NEEDSI WILL INITIATE THE MOST SEVERE MALPRACTICE SUIT POSSIBLE AGAINST HIM.MEANWHILE,I WILL BE FILING A FORMAL COMPLAINT WITH THE AMERICAN MEDICAL ASSOCIATION AND OTHER PERTINENT AUTHORITIES!!!!,

|  patient  |  show details
by Michael Coratolo on Apr 11th, 2014

Dr. Lorah... what's going on? Who is taking over your practice? Can you provide info? You will be missed. Michael Coratolo coratolomc@aol.com

|  Unprofessionally  |  show details
Apr 10th, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr.Lorah's for 15 years.I never minded the hour to hour and a half wait to see him because I liked his bedside manner and his caring ways. This is why I am SO SHOCKED at the way he up and left!! I had blood work done on Jan. 10...it is now April 10 and I have still never gotten my results. This is an outrage! I have called his office many times only to hear a message that another doctor will be taking over...that was 3 months ago! Mine and my children's records are being held hostage in that office! I am so disappointed that a health- care professional would be so deceptive to his patients. I guess he doesn't feel we deserve any consideration...I know he needs to do what he needs to do for his family but his patients were left hanging...appalling!! I gave one star because of what he did to all of his loyal patients!!!

|  show details
by Gary on Apr 6th, 2014

My family has had Dr Lorah for at least 15 years and he was great for and to us. However, we were shocked when he was gone w/o notice and his message said someone would still be helping anyone needing it- but that never happened. The office was shut and closed and he was gone and so too our records? We went to the Dr who was supposed to be taking over his practice all the way in Dumont NJ and his people were like "what are you talking about"! It was a mystery to them. It was so hard to believe this would happen so quickly and maybe the oncoming of Obamacare drove him away? Regardless just a few months notice would have been appreciated as now my wife scrambles to find someone and its a start from scratch situation that is not pleasant. We do wish him well- he was a good guy and Dr for us. BUT his leaving the way he did? Thats what the one star was for. The rumor is he went to Kentucky? If he did God Bless and good luck in a much nicer area. I know any move was for the better- but we left behind feel "kinda screwed". To sum it up if he went to Kentucky- its their gain and our loss. We were hoping to grow old with him.

|  Unprofessional  |  show details
Apr 4th, 2014

What kind of doctor leaves his practice with little or no warning to his patients! He left the beginning of January and now it is April and there is still no doctor taking over his practice as promised.

|  BAD!!  |  show details
by MARK on Apr 11th, 2013

Had to leave Dr,Lorah recently. He is not a bad guy, just a BAD Doctor. He is very sneaky and will make you feel so welcome at first but as others have stated, you rarely get a call back, or get a chance to see him. Staff is not that good either, I Would not recommend him to anyone as a result of my bad experiences within this office.

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
by Joe on Apr 5th, 2013

Very caring. Takes the time to discuss your illness with you would highly recommend him. We just starting taking are son to him and he loves him! Do yourself a favor and let this man treat you. Our family lives him!

|  Rude  |  show details
by Anna on Mar 27th, 2013

I switched to Dr. Lorah a few years back. At first he was great, and everyone was so nice the first few visits. However that was only the begining. I Was sick several times over the winter, and out of three visits I never saw him!!!. Only his sub par assistant. The Receptionist is extremely rude, just like others have mentioned. I sat on the front couch and waited for 40 min. While waiting i listed to her answer the phones, and after each call from a patient she had a wise remark to another employee after she hung up the phone. Dr. Lorah will NEVER return a call either. I def. would not recomend this office or Dr. to ANYONE.

|  Worst DR  |  show details
Mar 19th, 2013

One of the worst doctor's of all time. I repeat all time. The chances of misdiagnosis is so high with this Doctor it's shocking he still has a practice!!! I have heard he is under investigation for illegal writing of prescriptions as well. Staff is clueless and rude, and the building he works out of looks like a scene from the shinning!! Run, don't walk out of his office right away!!

|  RECEPTIONIST  |  show details
Sep 12th, 2012

i am an anonymous person, i am not a patient and would not want to be after the nasty attitude i received when i called the office today, 09/12/12. i am actually an employee from another drs office who called the office to request some information on a mutual patient. i received an attitude from the person who answered the phone and was thrown on hold and then put into a mail box. i then called bk and asked to speak with someone and was ignored and put bk into the mail box. i feel that if i am a drs office and we share the same patient that someone should have taken the time out to help me with the patient issue that i had. if i had treated anyone on the phone like that in my office, i would have been fired. thank you.

|  Great doc  |  show details
Jun 17th, 2012

We have been going to Dr Lorah for many years. He is kind, thorough and knows his medicine. My only comment to new patients would be to schedule a well visit first to establish yourself as a patient, because he is so busy it is impossible to get a timely appt if you are sick and not a current patient. Definitely would recommend people go to him.

|  Crazy to go anywhere else  |  show details
Nov 12th, 2011

Doctor Lorah saved my father's life. He is not about prescribing needless medications but about getting to the root of the problem and finding a solution to whatever it is that brings you to him,. You deserve care like this. Make an appt with the best doctor in Rockland.

|  Best Family /Personal Dr In Rockland County  |  show details
Oct 11th, 2011

My family has been with Dr Lorah for well over 20 years and he is the best most attentive and personal Dr we have ever had the experience to meet.He is cordial-friendly and a straight shooting gentleman that reminds you of what Drs must have been in the "way back days".Will always make you feel welcome and cared for!New location in Pearl River but no matter where he is you should use him as your personal and family DR.You will feel like he is a member of your own family thats how much we value him!

|  Been with him a while.  |  show details
Jan 20th, 2011

I highly reccommend Dr. Lorah, in fact I just referred my own Mother to him!

|  Excellent  |  show details
Apr 28th, 2010

He is my uncle and i respect him as a doctor and an uncle

|  The Best  |  show details
by kymmer1 on Apr 14th, 2010

There's nothing more to say other than Dr. Lorah is the BEST.

|  Wonderful Doctor!  |  show details
Oct 30th, 2009

I was new to the area looking for a pediatrician for my young boys and doctor for my husband and I. We were so happy to find a doctor that would be able to see all of us. We have been so happy with his overall care and concern for our family. I would highly recommend him!

|  Jannina  |  show details
by Jannina on Oct 23rd, 2009

He's an amazing doctor. He always has the patient's needs in mind, and really knows how to connect to each patient!

|  Highly Recommended  |  show details
by Cindy on Nov 24th, 2008

Highly intelligent in all areas, up-to-date on latest illnesses and treatments, excellent bedside manner, efficient, reliable, professional.