Some ratings provided by Doctor.com.
Absolute disgrace show details Absolute disgrace
by Tom on Dec 24th, 2015

Doc left our family hanging . He left town and we have been trying for over a year to get our records . He professes to be a upstanding religious man but we have come to find out this is very far from the truth . You are a disgrace to the medical field and you should be ashamed to call yourself a man you are coward not to return any phone calls. Remember dr lorah karma always has its way I wish only the worst for you.

Only Dr who seems to listen. show details Only Dr who seems to listen.
by Ryan E. on Nov 10th, 2015 on doctor.com

So far I have been a patient of his for a year and he is a good man who actually seems to care he has no problem listening I hope he sticks around.

Read Full Review at doctor.com
Awesome Doctor show details Awesome Doctor
Jan 5th, 2015

He listen to his patients. He take the time to find out the problem, not just put a band aid on it and rush you out.. REFRESHING.. With the horrible remarks made by new York People.. I understand why he might want to have left.. Office staff is wonderful, friendly, and very welcoming.. Highly recommend his and his staff.

need my records show details need my records
by Damian Lennon on Dec 26th, 2014

Nothing negative to say about dr. Lorah, except, I would lIke a response to my request I sent as per his instructions for my medical records. I need my years of medical records and my wife's. We sent a letter as per. The instructions, that was almost 6 months ago.

by Jeanine Fasano on Dec 10th, 2014

Nothing negative to say about Dr. Lorah. I just need our medical records. No one will see my daughter without them. She needs her 3rd hpv vaccine time is running out cause they have to be given within a time frame. I also need my records! Please!!!!

The OFFICE IS OPEN!!!! show details The OFFICE IS OPEN!!!!
Oct 23rd, 2014

I used to goto Dr. Jay Lorah’s office in pearl river. A few months ago, it was frustrating going by the office to see that it wasn’t open anymore. I had no clue what I was supposed to do to get my medical documents. Just went by the office last week and the office is open! & completely remodeled! Looks fantastic! There is a new physician there (Dr. Noble Jacob) who is extremely friendly and welcoming. Apparently he was born and raised in Rockland county and plans on staying! He spent time with me asking me about my history and getting to know me better. My visit was also very educational. I recommend those that got lost in this whole mess with their medical care to head back to that office. They have nothing to do w Dr. Jay Lorah but will do everything they can to acquire your medical documents.

Very disappointed show details Very disappointed
by Laurie on Sep 23rd, 2014

As I have stated in my previous review about Dr. Jay Lorah, I really loved him as my doctor. He is fair, honest, and nice. The only issue that I have is that I desperately needed a refill of medication that I have been on 10 years. It is the type of medication where if you stop it, it is NOT good. It causes HIGH blood pressure (which mine was 150/102 from the withdrawl effect). In an emergency, my husband called a physician that he recently started to see to see if they could fit me in so I could get this refill since after three weeks of leaving messages plus a fax today, Dr. Lorah would not call in the script so I can get by for a month to find a new doctor. I am so disappointed that he could not have anyone from his new office call me to tell me that he won't call in the Rx or tell me why he won't. No communication at all. I even sent a direct fax to the new practice begging for him to call in one last Rx. NOTHING. Dr. Lorah, I really liked and respected you but you definitely let me down so much the past three weeks. I wish you could have just told me that you could not do it or something. I got nothing. I did not know you moved at all. You were my favorite doctor. All I wanted was one month to find a new doctor in my area. You know that this drug has horrible withdraw effects that included high blood pressure. I am very fortunate that my husband's doctor was able to squeeze me in today. I could have been in the ER tonight. Now, I am feeling so much better after getting my Rx filled. I understand that things happen in everyone's life but even my new doctor is shocked that you could not even just call me to tell me that you won't refill my script. I wish you all of the happiness in the world. I know you had a premature baby in the NICU. I have two babies in the NICU myself so it is tough and scary. Your former patients needed you and feel very abandoned. That is not good business.

Great Doctor show details Great Doctor
by Laurie King on Sep 23rd, 2014

I really liked seeing Dr. Jay Lorah in Pearl River, NY. I used to live in Nanuet, I continued to see Dr. Lorah for years even after moving to Connecticut. He was worth the drive. I wish I lived in Kentucky since I would continue to see him. He has been very understanding about insurance issues and needs. I am shocked that he left without notice; however, after reading his responses it was not something he wanted to do or planned to do so I understand. I hope you can spend the time with his family.

LET'S RETHINK THIS show details LET'S RETHINK THIS
by YOUR ONLY SJOGREN'S PATIENT on Sep 21st, 2014

I know former patients are upset, angry and disappointed but please try to be fair. "Stuff" happens and it appears that Dr.Lorah got caught up in a really bad "stuff" storm. I found out quite by accident and was a little taken aback. But to say he is a bad doctor who didn't care about his patients is patently unfair and untrue. One of the best memories my husband had, during the last months of his life , was the time he spent talking with Dr.Lorah about life style philosophy. He had been a patient for a very short time and was under the direct care of an oncologist but Dr.Lorah was always there. I was a patient long before my husband was and, even though at times I found the office staff exasperating, Dr. Lorah was ALWAYS available. For a comment to be made about his children driving him crazy is irrelevant, unkind and untrue. Haters love to hate anything they don't understand and for a Dr to put his love of family and a simpler way of life before his professional gains is difficult for many people to wrap their minds around. Many of us will miss him but life goes on and I wish him , Mrs.Lorah and all the kids nothing but good things.

Surprised, but not surprised show details Surprised, but not surprised
by Tom on Jul 16th, 2014

Got a letter stating that Dr Lorah has dropped my insurance and that I need to find another primary care physician. I dragged my feet on this and finally set up an appointment with another doctor (oddly, at Dr. Lorah's old office in Nanuet). While giving the new doctor a list of my current concerns I just happen to mention that Dr. Lorah's office dropped my insurance and I was told by the new doctor that, not only that, but he closed his office and split town and went to Kentucky! huh??? I was told that he did not inform his patience of this. Seems odd. The new office told me that they've tried to get patience records from him and, at first, they were able but, as time goes by, its seems impossible. I just tried to call to see if I could get my records transferred and was informed that the number has been changed. I called the new number and was informed that the mailbox is full. I liked Dr. Laura but, in recent years, the staff he had proved to be more and more incompetent. Something didn't seem right there for a long time. My girlfriend was also a patient of his and MONTHS after giving a blood test, she was told she had Lyme disease! So, while I'm surprised at his methods of departure, I'm not surprised as things didn't seem right there ever since he moved into the Pearl River office. I've been a patient of his for about 15 years. First in Nanuet, then West Nyack and then Pearl River. Kentucky???? Very odd. All those kids probably drove him crazy!!

New Patient in Kentucky show details New Patient in Kentucky
by MaleBMW In Kentucky on Apr 17th, 2014

Dr. Lorah is a wonderful and attentive Doctor. He is very easy to talk to and you are able to ask the questions that you want to ask and will answer everything without making you feel your concern is unimportant. I find him very caring and polite. Honest and will tell you what you need to hear instead of what you want to hear. I am thankful he has relocated to this area of Kentucky and all of his staff are just as pleasant as he is.

by Gary on Apr 6th, 2014

My family has had Dr Lorah for at least 15 years and he was great for and to us. However, we were shocked when he was gone w/o notice and his message said someone would still be helping anyone needing it- but that never happened. The office was shut and closed and he was gone and so too our records? We went to the Dr who was supposed to be taking over his practice all the way in Dumont NJ and his people were like "what are you talking about"! It was a mystery to them. It was so hard to believe this would happen so quickly and maybe the oncoming of Obamacare drove him away? Regardless just a few months notice would have been appreciated as now my wife scrambles to find someone and its a start from scratch situation that is not pleasant. We do wish him well- he was a good guy and Dr for us. BUT his leaving the way he did? Thats what the one star was for. The rumor is he went to Kentucky? If he did God Bless and good luck in a much nicer area. I know any move was for the better- but we left behind feel "kinda screwed". To sum it up if he went to Kentucky- its their gain and our loss. We were hoping to grow old with him.

BAD!! show details BAD!!
by MARK on Apr 11th, 2013

Had to leave Dr,Lorah recently. He is not a bad guy, just a BAD Doctor. He is very sneaky and will make you feel so welcome at first but as others have stated, you rarely get a call back, or get a chance to see him. Staff is not that good either, I Would not recommend him to anyone as a result of my bad experiences within this office.

Great Doctor show details Great Doctor
by Joe on Apr 5th, 2013

Very caring. Takes the time to discuss your illness with you would highly recommend him. We just starting taking are son to him and he loves him! Do yourself a favor and let this man treat you. Our family lives him!

Rude show details Rude
by Anna on Mar 27th, 2013

I switched to Dr. Lorah a few years back. At first he was great, and everyone was so nice the first few visits. However that was only the begining. I Was sick several times over the winter, and out of three visits I never saw him!!!. Only his sub par assistant. The Receptionist is extremely rude, just like others have mentioned. I sat on the front couch and waited for 40 min. While waiting i listed to her answer the phones, and after each call from a patient she had a wise remark to another employee after she hung up the phone. Dr. Lorah will NEVER return a call either. I def. would not recomend this office or Dr. to ANYONE.

Great doc show details Great doc
Jun 17th, 2012

We have been going to Dr Lorah for many years. He is kind, thorough and knows his medicine. My only comment to new patients would be to schedule a well visit first to establish yourself as a patient, because he is so busy it is impossible to get a timely appt if you are sick and not a current patient. Definitely would recommend people go to him.

Crazy to go anywhere else show details Crazy to go anywhere else
Nov 12th, 2011

Doctor Lorah saved my father's life. He is not about prescribing needless medications but about getting to the root of the problem and finding a solution to whatever it is that brings you to him,. You deserve care like this. Make an appt with the best doctor in Rockland.

Best Family /Personal Dr In Rockland County show details Best Family /Personal Dr In Rockland County
Oct 11th, 2011

My family has been with Dr Lorah for well over 20 years and he is the best most attentive and personal Dr we have ever had the experience to meet.He is cordial-friendly and a straight shooting gentleman that reminds you of what Drs must have been in the "way back days".Will always make you feel welcome and cared for!New location in Pearl River but no matter where he is you should use him as your personal and family DR.You will feel like he is a member of your own family thats how much we value him!

Been with him a while. show details Been with him a while.
Jan 20th, 2011

I highly reccommend Dr. Lorah, in fact I just referred my own Mother to him!

The Best show details The Best
by kymmer1 on Apr 14th, 2010

There's nothing more to say other than Dr. Lorah is the BEST.

Wonderful Doctor! show details Wonderful Doctor!
Oct 30th, 2009

I was new to the area looking for a pediatrician for my young boys and doctor for my husband and I. We were so happy to find a doctor that would be able to see all of us. We have been so happy with his overall care and concern for our family. I would highly recommend him!

Jannina show details Jannina
by Jannina on Oct 23rd, 2009

He's an amazing doctor. He always has the patient's needs in mind, and really knows how to connect to each patient!

Highly Recommended show details Highly Recommended
by Cindy on Nov 24th, 2008

Highly intelligent in all areas, up-to-date on latest illnesses and treatments, excellent bedside manner, efficient, reliable, professional.