Dr. Jay Lorton MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery Tulsa, OK

January 12th, 2015
Dr. Lorton is by far one of the best docs have had for surgiers. He is not a pusher to go right in and cut on you. He helped me with my shoulder surgery and now he took care of my son who has fought shoulder problems from sport injuries. I would trust him with all of my family to fix them up right and get them back on track
Doctor's Response

Hello, Charlie. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review for Eastern Oklahoma Orthopedic Center and for sharing your positive experience. It made our day! Thank you for choosing Eastern Oklahoma Orthopedic Center for your care.

September 26th, 2014
Terrific surgeon, a pleasure to talk and deal with.
Dr. Lorton treated my knee pain seveal years ago and then with arthroscopy outpatient surgery when I fell and tore the meniscus in one of my knees. Several years later I opted for MAKOplasty partial knee replacement surgery which was performed with wonderul results by Dr. Chris Browne also at Eastern Oklahoma Orthopedic Center.
Doctor's Response

Hello, Steve. Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Eastern Oklahoma Orthopedic Center and for sharing your kind words. It made our day! Thank you for choosing Eastern Oklahoma Orthopedic Center for your care.

June 16th, 2013
Dude is a Bad Man...
I tore my left ACL and this man identified it in about 3 seconds. He was extremely honest about graft choices and even shared his experience with his own ACL surgery and graft. He does hamstring grafts predominantly and this requires a great deal of technique and skill, which he apparently has. I felt like he did not rush in any of my appointments and gave me solid advise and prepared me for the surgery very well. I was lucky and just happened to get Doctor Lorton but I am very glad that I did. He is obviously an athlete like I am and it makes me very comfortable to have an athlete who knows about athletic passion and desire working on me. Dude is a stud at what he does.

March 18th, 2013
great dr
very good dr

March 25th, 2012
Gentle and professional
Never had bone surgery, mine is in three days. Not even nervous because I totally trust him and his expertise. He left nothing unsaid and was upfront on what my recovery could e depending on what he does. Very gentle, barely felt my steroid injection. Surgery was scheduled within 6 days of deciding to do it. He truly listened to me and worked with my needs without just jumping to surgery. I did PT and an injection with very little improvement. He let me know what he would or may do in surgery and will fix anything that needs it now or what may cause problems later. He treats the whole person not just the knee. He really understood my frustration with pain and the emotional toll it was taking. He also understood that I didn't want to be on pain meds a long time after surgery and that I was serious about my physical therapy. I won't go to anyone else for future knee problems. I am not even nervous about my upcoming surgery because I completely trust him.

February 16th, 2012
Knowledgeable, Efficient and Upbeat.
Took the time to explain options and answer questions about advantages and disadvantages. Would highly recommend!