Dr. Jay Lutins MD Patient Reviews

• Urology Pittsburgh, PA

3.9

March 24th, 2017
Rude and unprofessional. Should not be practicing on women, or maybe even at all.
I was appalled to see that another woman in this thread experienced the same issue as me. I gave the benefit of doubt, and considered maybe he just had a bad day... I went in for bladder pain, which I almost went to the ER for the night before. He spent maybe 5 minutes with me, and in that time he only said to consider abstaining from intercourse. I don't know if perhaps his response had been different had I been married, but in either case that is not his business. Sex would not be the root of the problem I am having. He didn't send my urine off for a culture or anything. Just simply said "stop having sex" and sent me on my way. Luckily, I found another doctor who diagnosed me with Interstitial Cystitis, and got me on treatment that has me feeling a bit better so far. I would say that perhaps he just doesn't know how to work with women, but I see that some men had issues with him as well. I personally think he shouldn't be practicing, period. I will continue to call my health network and whoever else to express my concerns. They would not negotiate with my bill that I owe them. Doctors are one of the only businesses that can degrade you and provide less than satisfactory service but still make money from you. I hope no one makes the same mistake by visiting Dr. Lutins.

September 26th, 2016
Painful
Was still in massive pain after 6 weeks of a vasectomy with no help or relief from the Dr.'s office. The procedure felt rushed and unsterile and with no assistance from nurses or technicians. Have not worked in 6 weeks. Sleep is nearly impossible.

May 4th, 2016
I have worked with Dr. Luttins for several years handling kidney stones and complications resulting. He has always been very professional and helpful in dealing with the problem.

February 20th, 2016
very arrogant
I agree with the other woman's review . Would NOT go back to him. I waited 1 1/2 hours to see him for a 2nd opinion regarding a lump in my kidney. He only spent 10 minutes with me and gave me 2 choices for treatment. One was Cryotherapy which he gave me next to no detals about and the other to have it surgically removed as my current, very kind urologist talked about, in detail I may add.

February 11th, 2016
As a young woman visiting Dr. Lutin's practice, I felt highly disrespected. Dr. Lutin spent very little time with me and seemed to not hear a word I was saying. Before finishing my sentence, he cut me off and told me my issues (blood in urine, incontinence, chronic pain) were normal for a woman my age (24) and that I needed to "get used to it". Before leaving, he looked back at me, said "maybe you should consider abstinence...but don't quote me on that" and winked at me. I will not be returning to this practice for any of my future medical needs.

August 24th, 2015
Accidentally hit one star on previous page-should have been 5 star.