Overall Review

2.9

July 1st, 2016
Do not recommend
I was rushed into a C-section and was treated rudely; no time was spent explaining choices or options or even implications of C-section. Eye-rolling and unprofessional behaviours when I asked questions. Look elsewhere .

January 4th, 2016
He tried to railroad me into a c-section and snapped at me when I asked questions. Scary, miserable experience.

September 1st, 2010
I would not recommend this doctor
This doctor was unprofessional and somewhat belligerent. It was obvious that he was not listening to me as I tried to explain why I was there. I would not recommend this doctor.

May 26th, 2010
Extremely poor bedside mannar
During a prenatal visit, I asked two questions. He made me feel each one was a ridiculous question to ask and that I was wasting his time. Other doctors I'd seen previously in this practice spent 15-20 minutes engaging in talk about my babies health and upcoming birth. Dr. Matut was very abrupt, bordering on rude. I had a quite serious medical condition that needed to be discussed but I left his office without even bringing it up. Extremely disappointing.

April 28th, 2010
Did not take the time to review my medical history before prescribing medication. Felt like an inconvenience rather than a patient and had a vague sense that this doctor would rather be somewhere else than discussing treatment and follow-up options. Front office staff can be unprofessional, disorganized.

December 5th, 2009
WARNING! Dr. Matut did not catch a life-threatening condition or follow up with us at all.
Dr. Jay Matut and his office failed to find an obvious heart condition with our child while he was still in utero, nor did he ever follow up after the birth in any way.Our child was born with hypoplastic left heart syndrome, a condition that by the account of ALL doctors and nurses that we have spoken to is specifically tested for during pregnancy. Our first indication of it was when our baby began to turn blue 20 minutes after his birth. Not only did Matut fail to find it in the scan, but he never followed up with us either to check on our child or the condition of his mother post C-Section.We cannot warn you strongly enough about avoiding this doctor.

July 14th, 2009
Great Ob and Gyn
Always caring, answered all my questions, gave me options for treatment. Best overall doctor experience I've had in NYC.

April 18th, 2009
Dr .matut is an excellent gyn doctor one of the BEST!