A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Jay Mehlman:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Jay Mehlman, Gastroenterologist is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Mehlman
Colonoscopy Patient Education Guide Read all about colonoscopy examinations and tests with Vitals colonoscopy patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Mehlman Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Jay Mehlman, MD is board certified in Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Liver Diseases
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Mehlman graduated from Yeshiva University, Bronx. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Mehlman has 13 hospital affiliations:
- St John's Episcopal Hospital
- North Shore University Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Jay Kenneth Mehlman MD is a male Internist, has 18 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. Jay K. Mehlman practice?
- Dr. Jay Mehlman has 1 office location.
Dr. Jay Mehlman practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near Rockaway Park, NY.
See Rockaway Park Internists and Rockaway Park Gastroenterologists.