A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Jay Mehlman:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Jay Mehlman, Gastroenterologist is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Mehlman
Home Allergies Patient Education Learn all about home allergies and symptoms of mold, pet, dust and other types of indoor allergy issues with Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Mehlman Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Jay Mehlman, MD is board certified in Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Liver Diseases
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Mehlman graduated from Yeshiva University, Bronx. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Mehlman has 13 hospital affiliations:
- St John's Episcopal Hospital
- North Shore University Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Jay Kenneth Mehlman MD is a male Internist, has 18 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. Jay K. Mehlman practice?
- Dr. Jay Mehlman has 1 office location.
Dr. Jay Mehlman practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near Rockaway Park, NY.
See Rockaway Park Internists and Rockaway Park Gastroenterologists.