Dr. Jay Mellen Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Jay Mellen?

Colonoscopy

Have you seen Dr. Jay Mellen?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

January 21st, 2014

Saw Dr. while a patient in hospital. Dr. explained details and answered questions about diagnosis, testing and treatment options. I had great concern over treatment and medication options and Dr. took as much time as I needed to answer all of my questions and concerns.

February 3rd, 2009

He could have killed me

Dr. Mellen performed an ERCP procedure on me last May. During the procedure he "accidently" perforated my duodenum and common bile duck which allowed bile to escape into my abdomen causing EXTREME pain and peritonitis. This is a very, very rare complication, less than 1% chance. I spent a horrific 6 weeks in the hospital for what should have been an out-patient procedure. He was rude and careless and it almost cost me my life. Jay Mellen has no right being a doctor for many reasons like those listed in the review below. He also has failed his medical boards multiple times and from the review bellow it looks like I am not the only one he "messed-up" on. My advice, ask for another doctor.

November 17th, 2008

Great Dr. Gets to the point quickly, does not waste your time or your money. My kind of Dr.

September 30th, 2008