Dr. Jay Motola MD Patient Reviews

• Urology New York, NY

October 26th, 2015
Finally a correct diagnosis
When I finally saw Dr Motola, it had been 3 months that I had been suffering from a recurring UTI condition, or that's what I thought it was. After seeing three different doctors, I was extremely frustrated because I wasn't getting any better. The doctors told me I was testing negative for a UTI and not to worry. Just give it time and it would get better on it's own . Well, that wasn't the case. Dr. Motola concurred that I did not have a UTI but he was able to notice that my urine was too acidic. He thought that might be the problem and prescribed something to correct the problem. After taking the medicine for a week, I was finally pain free. My urine was no loner irritating my already irritated urethra. I am so thankful to Dr Motola for being able to arrive at a correct diagnosis. I'm so happy to finally feel better.

October 17th, 2015
Urology
Dr. Jay A. Motola diagnosed my urology health issue within minutes, while many other doctors misdiagnosed me and were ready to perform unnecessary surgery that would of placed my life in jeopardy. I want to thank Dr Motola for his holistic approach and treating my condition and potentially saving my life. Again thank you for your professionalism and dedicated efforts.

October 7th, 2015
Dr. Motola was kind and attentive. He is a very smart and talented doctor.

October 7th, 2015
I had seen Dr. Motola for a problem relating to a kidney stone. From the moment I arrived in his office I felt nothing but comfort. As someone who gets nervous when visiting the doctor, I felt like I was with a friend more than at the doctors office. Dr. Motola is knowledgeable, kind, courteous and very caring, Upon leaving I was reassured I was in good hands when he told me not to worry and If I ever need anything to contact him.

October 6th, 2015
As good as they come!!!!
Just saw him for the first time in his new location. He was extraordinarily knowledgeable and gave me all the time that was needed. I never felt rushed and he even called my children who were concerned with my condition. He was the 3rd Urologist that I saw for my problem, and the first to carefully listing and figure out exactly was going on. One week after the office visit, he and his staff called to see how I was doing. Very compassionate, and caring. He is also going to see my husband in a few weeks for his problems. Not sure what went on in prior reviews, however this is a caring, compassionate and competent Urologist.

August 14th, 2012
He was by far the worst doctor we have ever been too. The way in which he treated my little brother after surgery was horrific. He was so unkind and uncaring during our follow up visit as well. Both my mother and brother left the follow up in tears. My brother is traumatized from the experience and won't let any doctor go near him.

January 3rd, 2012
Squeezing in too many Patients
This Doctor is seeing way too many patients.

September 23rd, 2011
Office is very busy but I understand why. I called early in the AM with severe pain and blood in the urine. They told me to come in immediately which I did and they squeezed me in. He thought I had a kidney stone and he medicated me. I obtained a CT scan and then he promptly scheduled me for surgery and removed the kidney stone later that afternoon. He was kind and caring and patients see are willing to wait to see him because he is very good at what he does.

August 23rd, 2011
Misdiagnosis
Nightmare experience - will NEVER seek medical treatment north of Westcheter EVER AGAIN.

August 21st, 2011
He evaluated both of my parents and despite my parents having dementia, he took a very caring approach to their overall well being and not just the Urology problem that they were there for. He truly made a difference in their overall health.

April 22nd, 2011
wait time and bedside manner
a wait time of more than an hour is totaly unacceptable. Doctor's manner is brusque. A wait time of over an hour for a 10 minute session should be rectified with an additional doctor in the office.

January 15th, 2011
Great doctor!!!!
Not sure what the other review are talking about, but definitely not Dr Motola. He is an excellent Urologist. I took my 76 yo mother to see him who has been suffering from urinary problems and Parkinson disease. He was very concerned and took a long time speaking and examining her. 2 other doctors that we first saw didnt seem to care about her and one only had the PA see him. He assessed, diagnosed and correctly treated her. I am an RN an feel he is a great choice and will reccommend him to others!!!!