Dr. Jay Olsson Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Jay Olsson?

Insomnia

Insomnia

Get the facts about insomnia, including the different types, who gets it, and what causes it.

Have you seen Dr. Jay Olsson?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

May 19th, 2017

Make Another Choice

Overall unprofessional. The DO wanted the $$ more than helping me.

May 12th, 2017

Don't hold your breath...

You only see Dr Olson on th fist visit. From then on you are seen by his PA's whom I found to be very arrogant and nor cooperative

March 10th, 2017

Does not really care, or does a great job acting like he doesn't. Greedy. Unsympathetic. Cold. Uncooperative. Liability-driven practice of medicine. Avoid him.

I was assigned Dr. Olsson at Holmes Reg. Med CTR. Melbourne, FL as a pain management doctor for heart surgery (CABGx5). He sent an underling nurse to speak with me, I threw him out of the room after he told me they only give certain meds so I "won't abuse them"! You know my chest had just been split in two, so that was a professional answer right? I answered truthfully (yes, once in awhile I smoke marijuana) to all questions upon my first office visit and told him I was having panic attacks possibly brought on by an ability to breath full breaths still. I asked for 2-4 tablets of Xanax, Per Month, and 2-4 tablets of nitroglycerin for angina. He knows I do not have insurance and that I do not have the luxury of a Cardiologist (not since the surgery), a Psychiatrist, and a Primary Physician(s) I told him I don't want to get these meds on the street and pleaded with him for the 4 tablets each month. He refused. I asked for my records. I asked to stay with the original payment plan. I asked him to fill out a questionnaire for S.S. and every response was the same. No, I don't care. He basically told me to eff-off. Avoid this quack.

February 23rd, 2016

Bad, I was abused by him and his staff

I got there as a new patient, three months to get in. They took my money, and then did not have time to take care of me at all. Doctor was at the hospital (two times in 3 hours??). If you don't have time to treat a patient, then do not take their money and pretend you are doing your job. Staff laughed at me when I called back. They lied to me. This is abuse, breach of contract. Contractually, it is illegal to rip people off. So, months later and a bunch of cash less, I have to start from scratch. Reported this to my credit card company, Walgreens' and reporting to the medical review board as well. He has horrible reviews that I failed to see prior to scheduling

August 29th, 2015

WHAT A GREAT DR.

THIS DR. IS AMAZING. TAKES TIME TO LISTEN , SUGGESTS, HAVE SEEN HIM FOR MANY A YEAR. HE IS PATIENT, COMPASSIONATE, AND THAT IS WHAT A PATIENT WANTS. DO NOT HESITATE TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT WITH HIM. ALSO, HIS OFFICE STAFF IS VERY CARING AND PROFESSIONAL.

March 6th, 2015

Dr Olsson was great, Michelle, Chris, staff all went out of there way for me!

August 20th, 2014

Beware office manager

Dr. Olsson and his NP and PA are great, so are all the staff. But today I saw the office manager straight up yelling at a room full of staff members. She didn't realize I was there. I've seen these poor ladies get so much crap from patients and they always help me with whatever I need. I would have stood up for them, but this woman has been rude to me before and I didn't want to get yelled at too.

June 8th, 2014

Over rated

Olsson , is unprofessional and a medical Hypocrite! After so many years in the medical world he seems outdated on medical information's and treatments and should retire. Its sad that Doctors that has lost their medical skills are still hired by Hospitals and used in making medical decisions .

April 26th, 2014

You will see a PA not a doctor

Rarely see the doctor. Only see the PA. I was not comfortable with this and left.

March 4th, 2014

if you are looking for a thorough and honest, caring pain dr. then he is it

Dr Olsson is the most caring pain MD then he is the guy. He never makes you feel like you are a "pain" in the rear with your issues. He listens well and treats all of his patients like they are his only patient. He spends a lot of time with you doing thorough exams on each visit. He doesn't just throw a prescription at you he also tries alternative methods for pain that usually work very well. He is conservative so if you are looking for a pill mill he is not the guy for you. I trust dr. Olsson with all of his decisions and recommendations for treatment. His nurses are very caring as well. The front staff can be a bit rude unhelpful at times and others very friendly so everyday is different. Sometimes it is hard to get in if you need to see him as soon as possible but good with follow up appointments usually every 28-29 days. Dr. Olsson listened and cared about what I had to say every appointment so far. He is by far the best pain mangement MD in melbourne

September 19th, 2013

So much better now

I was with another local practice, and the doctor in charge of it fired me for having spinal surgery, even though I was not seeing her for my spinal pain, but for a different pain issue. I interviewed a couple of other pain management doctors, and came away pretty discouraged by their unprofessional office staff and personal behaviors. My internist then referred me to Dr. Olsson, and I have been pleasantly surprised by the great service and amazing level of care he and his PA Christopher Cole have given me. His office staff is also caring and professional. I am never leaving this practice!

August 5th, 2012

So glad I switched!

I was with another well known local practice for years but my doctor suddenly left and I just wasn't getting proper care with the doctors who remained at that center.My GP referred me to Dr. Ollson and I have been very pleased. He LISTENS and takes his time with you and sets any fears I may have to rest. I am grateful that our area has such a talented doctor available to pain patients.