Dr. Jay Orringer MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

April 6th, 2017
NO OTHER DR. COMBINES TALENT & CARE LIKE DR. ORRINGER
If I could give 20 stars I would... to say that Dr. Orringer is THE best Dr. I have ever met, would be an understatement. I interviewed and researched several doctors when I found out I had to have a double mastectomy, Dr. O was the first & only one to give me the confidence and reassurance that I needed. Not only is his demeanor and unconditional care for his clients amazing, but also his talent and work is beyond words to explain. I had a latissimus flap with a double mastectomy with 3 different surgeries... Through each one, Dr. O would call and text me, even on his days off, just to make sure I was doing okay and checking in. His staff is always extremely helpful and accommodating - the only doctor office I've ever dealt with that has NO stress involved :) After my first surgery (and you have to have expanders in so the shape of your boobs is not controllable) I was having a hard time understanding how my body would look womanly again... I now have finished my surgeries and I can say I have never loved my boobs more in my entire life! It AMAZES me what Dr. O is capable of, to know that he built these breasts solely with his talented hands using my back muscle, fat, and implant, is unbelievable... you would never guess that I went through a double mastectomy. I would not have been able to go through this fearful and scary, yet life-changing and necessary surgery if it wasn't for the team at Dr. Os office and my family. My dad was able to "calmly" sit during my surgeries knowing that I was under the care of Dr. O - who made it very clear that he treated me just like he would if I were his own kid. He is modest, but he even won "best bedside manner" at St. Johns hospital - not only does he take such great care of his patients, he also treats all of the nurses so well that they would get so excited to see him and tell me what great hands I was in when prepping for each surgery. To be in the care of Dr. Os hands (no pun intended) is a privilege and I am honored to know such an amazing doctor, and now, friend.

September 12th, 2016
I do not usually write reviews, however I have to let the world know about Dr Jay Orringer my amazing Surgeon. Dr Orringer is a Board Certified Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon who is an expert in Breast reconstruction, and cosmetic surgery. Dr Orringer is passionate about his work and is also a perfectionist with many years of experience. He is an artist. Dr Orringer actually spends time with his patients, he is never rushed and he makes you feel like you are the only patient he is caring for. He listens to you and he makes sure that his patient is actively involved in the decision making process regarding surgery. Dr Orringer is caring and compassionate. He is a true patient advocate. After researching many Doctors in the Los Angeles area I choose Dr Orringer for my surgery, the best decision. Thank you Dr Orringer for an amazing surgical outcome. The Office Staff is amazing. When you enter Dr Orringer's Office you feel comfortable at home with his Staff you can feel the love. I cannot thank Dr Orringer enough and I am forever grateful. Thank you Dr Orringer!

February 8th, 2016
Dr. Orringer is the BEST PLASTIC SURGEON A TRUE ARTIST!!
Dr. Orringer is quite simply the best, and I am beyond grateful that the performed my breast augmentation. I'll start by saying I'm in medical device sales, so I spend my days in the OR watching surgeons operate. I see what happens when patients are put to sleep, and it made me extremely apprehensive about getting surgery (no matter how small the procedure). I had always wanted implants, so when I made the decision to get the surgery I was determined to find the best. I work at Cedars Sinai in Beverly Hills and St. Johns in Santa Monica often and started asking OR staff about plastic surgeons (anesthesiologists, OR nurses, surgeons etc.) I was initially referred to Dr. O by another plastic surgeon who told me he had several patients who were extremely happy with Dr. O's work. When I asked people who had seen Dr. O operate I was consistently told he was a perfectionists, and took him time with every single patient. In the world of plastic surgery this is huge. I knew his name was well known due to the fact that he operated on Angeline Jolie, however, that had little to do with why I chose him. Everyone had nothing to say but positive things about him. I went to other consultations, however, one minute into meeting Dr. O I was sure I wanted him to perform my surgery. He spent over an hour talking about expectations, goals, sizes, and more. I told him that I wanted a natural look, and that I trusted him to ultimately make the best decision intraoperatively. I wanted the surgery ASAP and his wonderful office staff got me a time within the month. Dr. O made me feel like I was his most important patient from the second I met him on. I could tell he cared about me and my outcome immensely. The surgery went extremely well and I woke up with only a tiny bruise and minimal swelling. The results are INCREDIBLE!!!! He did a phenomenal job. A week after my surgery my friends were already saying they were the best breast implants they had ever seen. It as now been 6 months, and they have settled and look phenomenal. They are 2 sizes larger than before, however, they are perfectly proportionate to my body. They look and feel extremely natural. Dr. O is an incredibly talented surgeon and a wonderful human being, he is the best there is.

October 23rd, 2015
Great & Compassionate Doctor
He is a brilliant surgeon & a wonderful, compassionate person.

October 21st, 2015
The best
I would highly recommend Dr. Orringer. Not only is he an excellent plastic surgeon who does a beautiful job, but he puts his patients first. Your health and the outcome of your procedure is his number 1 priority.

October 21st, 2015
Dr. Orringer is the most wonderful,caring surgeon .He lets you believe that you are the most important person on earth and makes you feel very secure. I had breast reconstruction after a mastectomy and later a facelift. He was my choice right away after I met him ,and had total confidence in him, am still forever grateful for the wonderful outcome of my surgeries.

August 4th, 2015
The Most Wonderful Doctor That I Was Lucky Enough To Find!!
I came to Dr Orringer after having had a breast reduction & lift that was done by another Beverly Hills plastic surgeon. The first surgery left my left breast with a 2 inch hole in it & half an areola. That first visit with Dr. Orringer he told me that I had to wait 3 to 4 months, I had to give the damaged breast time to heal. I should mention that about a quarter of that breast was rock hard with scar tissue. He also cautioned that the best that he could do was about an 80% improvement. When you haven't been able to look at your own body in the mirror for 6 months that sounded very good. I waited three months & went back -- we schedule the surgery for the following month. I have to stop at this point & explain that I am not 20 or 30 years old & wasn't a model to begin with just a women who had always taken care of herself & now at this point in my life wanted to improve my breasts. That's what made this terrible situation worse -- I didn't have a disease, I wasn't in an accident & in all honesty my breasts were not that terrible -- I had done this nightmare to myself & had no one else to blame. I spent 9 months blaming myself & at the same time feeling like a victim of the first surgeon's work. It was a horrible experience. Fast forward to today -- 1 week & 1 day after my surgery with Dr. Orringer -- I now can't stop looking at my body & the only thing he got wrong was that it wasn't an 80% improvement it was a 180% improvement in both breasts!! If you are reading this "review" you have found the right doctor, there is no one better as a surgeon, or more decent as a human being than Dr. Jay Orringer!!

July 14th, 2015
Another bad result of his work on me...
Also, I forgot to mention that since he operated on me 4 years ago, I've had numbness and/ or discomfort when my left nipple is touched.

February 20th, 2015
Dr. Orringer is kind, compassionate and a truly talented surgeon. He has performed 2 surgeries on me and I have been 100% satisfied by the outcome.

February 11th, 2015
Brilliant surgeon and wonderful person
Dr. Orringer is one of the warmest, most caring and most gracious people I have ever worked with while being an incredibly skilled world-class surgeon. I have been his patient for over a year as I have undergone two-stage breast reconstruction, with a delay between stages due to radiation treatment. I'll never forget when shortly after my first-stage surgery Dr. Orringer PERSONALLY opened up his office on a Saturday afternoon in the middle of the winter holidays for a quick post-surgery checkup. Now having recently undergone my second-stage reconstruction surgery I can happily say that I am speechless at the beautiful work Dr. Orringer has done, especially given the challenges of reconstructing a radiated breast (you cannot even tell which breast was radiated). I truly believe that only Dr. Orringer would be able to achieve such a natural-looking medical and aesthetic outcome. Also, importantly, his gentle and supportive "bedside manner" has been such a comfort during the difficult time of dealing with breast cancer diagnosis and treatment. His office staff -- Ana Marie, Padi and Tory -- are also wonderful and they feel like extended family. While I will gladly put breast cancer treatment in the rear view mirror soon, I will miss seeing Dr. Orringer and his team.

June 30th, 2014
I've never met a more brilliant surgeon or a more caring human being. He worked tirelessly with me over the last year of fighting breast cancer, including a double mastectomy, expansion and reconstruction. He is so meticulous and works tirelessly for the absolute best outcomes for his patients. When you're in his care, you feel like a member of his family and he will do anything to reach the best result that can be achieved for you. There's a reason he gets a lot of the tough and high profile cases--he's simply the best.

September 8th, 2012
A Happy Lady
I cannot say enough about Dr Orringer and his staff. Allwere extremely friendly and helpful and professional. I couldnot have asked for anyone better then Dr Orringer. He spentso much time with me, going through step by step as to whatwould work for me and what I would like to achieve. He performed beautiful results. I had some issues from a breastsurgery years ago by another physician. Dr. Orringer corrected the problem and I am a very happy Lady. I wouldhighly recommend him.Thanks to Dr. Orringer