A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Jay Poorman:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Jay Poorman is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Poorman
Bowel Incontinence Patient Education Our bowel incontinence patient education guide explains causes and treatment options for fecal issues.Before Visiting Dr. Poorman Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Jay Poorman, MD is board certified in Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Poorman graduated from Washington University at St. Louis, Saint Louis. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Poorman has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Providence St Vincent Medical Center
- Providence Portland Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Jay C Poorman MD is a male Internist, has 24 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. Jay C. Poorman practice?
- Dr. Jay Poorman has 1 office location.
Dr. Jay Poorman practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near Portland, OR.
See Portland Internists and Portland Gastroenterologists.