A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Jay Poorman:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Jay Poorman is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Jay Poorman, MD is board certified in Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
Education & Awards
Dr. Poorman graduated from Washington University at St. Louis, Saint Louis. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Poorman has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Providence Portland Medical Center
- Providence St Vincent Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Poorman accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Providence Health Plan - 21 plans
- United Healthcare - 12 plans
- Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield - 6 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- ODS Health Plans - 4 plans
- Humana - 6 plans
- Cigna - 4 plans
- Aetna - 2 plans