A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Jay Portnoy:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 1 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Jay Portnoy is Poor.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Jay Portnoy, MD is board certified in Allergy & Immunology and Pediatrics.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Hay Fever (Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis)
- Insect Bites and Stings
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Respiratory Hypersensitivity
Education & Awards
Dr. Portnoy graduated from University of Missouri at Columbia. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Portnoy has 2 hospital affiliations:
- North Kansas City Hospital
- Children's Mercy Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Portnoy accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Kansas City - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Molina Healthcare - 1 plan
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Missouri Medicaid - 1 plan
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan