Urologist
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

|  No complaints at all...great doc  |  show details
by Larry on Oct 30th, 2014

Great doctor. Did a prostatectomy on me. I did really well and the surgery recovery was surprisingly better than expected. He clearly does a lot of these. I would definitely recommend seeing him.

|  Outstanding Doctor  |  show details
by Amy Dietz on Apr 24th, 2014

I really appreciated reading the reviews listed here before seeing Dr. Raman for a Kidney lesion suspected as RCC picked up incidentally this past March. Because it held a contrast, and being located on my right renal artery/vein, I was prepared to have my kidney removed. Dr. Raman gave me his personal email and followed up our appointment with a phone call to see if I had additional questions. He also recommended a core biopsy because he wanted to make sure it was what it looked like it was. He assured me I would be fine no matter what and gave me the statistical research to support this. The biopsy showed no malignacy and for now we just watch it as there is a small 15% chance of a false negative, although he showed us the CT images and is pretty sure the sample taken is from the correct spot. Those are my kind of odds! His breath and depth of knowledge is evident, he obviously is passionate about his job and cares deeply for us, his patients. I have complete trust in him and as hard as all of this is to go through, especially when facing cancer or major surgery, you will find him deeply in tune with who you are, fully up to date on the big picture of your health, and focused on the details on how to best approach your care. You are in the best hands possible to face this challenge with Dr. Raman.

|  Really great  |  show details
by Ralph W. on Mar 16th, 2014

Had robotic surgery for kidney cancer month ago. Back to work in 3 weeks. Excellent recovery. He did a great job. Very very happy. Also - he saw me at each office visit 10 minutes early. that was awesome.

|  Office hours ran on time  |  show details
by Jill on Feb 5th, 2014

I was very impressed that he runs on time in his office hours. He clearly has a busy practice. But he saw me 10 min early. It was nice not waiting for an hour to see the doctor.

|  Outstanding  |  show details
Jan 2nd, 2014

Outstanding physician. I recommend him highly for robotic surgery. My prostatectomy went smoothly. No issues. Recovery was just as he explained. I am doing betetr than expected 6 weeks out from surgery. On a side note, despite a seemingly super busy practice, he always runs on time. For my three visits with him, he saw me 15 min early, 5 min early, and on time. I respect his punctuality.

|  Great robotic surgeon  |  show details
by Paul on Oct 19th, 2013

I had a medium size kidney cancer. He was able to do a robotic partial nephrectomy. Pathology was great. I went home in 48 hours. I recommend highly.

|  Fantastic  |  show details
Oct 10th, 2013

He is the best person to see for robotic surgery. Spent a lot of time with us before surgery. Very smooth robotic prostatectomy. Went home next day. Almost no pain. 3 months out from surgery. No urine leakage. I can't say enough great things about him, Plus, he seems like a genuinely nice guy. Can't say that about all surgeons.

|  Recommend for robotic prostatectomy  |  show details
by M.S. on Aug 17th, 2013

I was very pleased with Dr. Raman and his robotics team. My prostatectomy was 4 mos ago. Recovery has been excellent. He is very good at robotics. I highly recommend him.

|  15 kidney surgeries, Dr. Raman is an amazing Doctor! I  |  show details
by K.O. on Jul 26th, 2013

I would highly recommend Dr.Raman to anyone; friends, family, even strangers! He saved my right kidney. I had one robotic procedure by him and he successfully re-attached the tear in my ureter. He is also great with stent placement. At two separate points I had a Nephrostomy bag and a JP drain,.. and I remember Dr.Raman and his team walked me through all the steps they'd take, and I really like his pictures he draws to show you what he means. He is a very, very, nice and personable doctor. In my opinion, he is #1 in the world!

|  Definitely recommend him for robotic prostate cancer surgery  |  show details
by Paul W. on Jul 18th, 2013

He did a robotic prostatectomy on me 4 weeks ago. His pre surgery talk was right on. Exactly how he decribed. My recovery has been quite good. He is really excellent. I would recommend him to anyone. I got 3 opinions - I am glad I went with him.

|  Great  |  show details
by Bill C. on Jun 2nd, 2013

I read the prior reviews and was impressed. After my surgery by him, I am even more. He did a robotic prostatectomy on me 2 weeks ago. Everything went great. Exactly how he described. Pathology all looked good. He is a superstar.

|  Super  |  show details
Apr 20th, 2013

If you need robotic surgery, go see him. He did a prostatectomy on me about 6 weeks ago. Very very smooth. He has clearly done many of these. Whole team was like clockwork. Home in 1 day, back to work in 4 weeks. Nobody wants to see a surgeon....but he was really great.

|  Excellent prosttate cancer surgeon  |  show details
by Fred M, on Mar 27th, 2013

Great experience to get through a tough diagnosis of prostate cancer. He explained stuff very clearly. Took a lot of time. Surgery went great. He did a great job calling my wife to update her. Home n 24 hrs. Pathology was good. I am 3 months out and doing fantastic. I hope others will read this and him. He is the best.

|  Very happy  |  show details
Oct 2nd, 2012

Very happy with him.Had robotic prostate cancer surgery.Very smooth recovery.He is excellent. I could not recommend anyone more.

|  Excellent surgeon  |  show details
Aug 17th, 2012

Dr. Raman did robotic kidney cancer surgery on me a few weeks ago.He is great. Took a lot of time prior to surgery and gave me and my husband ample time to decide without pressuring us.I felt most comfortable with him after meeting 2 other urologists.My surgery went very well and I feel great. Most importantly my pathology looks good too.I would recommend him to anyone!

|  He is great  |  show details
Jun 28th, 2012

Underwent robotic prostate cancer surgery last month. Back to my usual activity - 100%. Pathology looked great. PSA undetectable so far!More importantly, he was a good doctor. My wife liked him because he was the only person in a long time to put me on an exercise regimen and tell me to stop smoking.I felt like he cared more than just about the surgery. I would recommend to anyone.

|  Fantastic robotic surgeon  |  show details
Jun 4th, 2012

I am fairly overweight and had a large kidney tumor. I had heard about laparoscopy and robotics but didn't think I was a candidate based on my size. He gave me a realistic expectation but was willing to try to do it robotically. I trusted his judgement and he was able to do it! I went home in two and a half days and didn't need any pain medicine after the first 7 days, He was great and I would recommend anyone to see him.

|  EXCELLENT. HE IS THE BEST.  |  show details
May 17th, 2012

He is a super surgeon and an excellent doctor. I had a mass on my kidney which he removed robotically and I was home in 48 hours. Back to work in 10 days and my incisions are barely visible 6 weeks later.I absolutely recommend him.

|  Excellent doctor  |  show details
May 3rd, 2012

He is an excellent doctor. I was referred to him for surgery and he took time to perform extra tests and explain the results to me. My prostate cancer surgery went well and I felt very informed in the entire process.

|  He is well worth the office wait  |  show details
Mar 31st, 2012

I just had surgery by Dr. Raman a few weeks ago. I was a bit nervous because I waited about 30-35 minutes to see him. It was quickly apparent why there is a wait. He was great, personable, and spend a lot of time answering questions. My robotic pyeloplasty went well. I had no problems and he was always available to touch base. I recommend him very highly!

|  Excellent surgeon; very kind doctor  |  show details
Mar 27th, 2012

Dr. Raman cared for me for me kidney cancer. I underwent a robotic partial nephrectomy and felt that he explained the risks. I loved that he gave me his email. It made me feel like I could reach him at any point.My surgery went well and thank goodness my pathology showed confined cancer. He is a great surgeon but an even better doctor. I felt that he was like a family member looking out for me at all times.

|  Luann Cartwright  |  show details
Mar 8th, 2012

Dr. Raman was accurate in his diagnosis of my renal cell carcinoma. He was very explanatory about the illness and the surgery. He was thorough when explaining the surgery, its' risks and possible complications. I totally trusted him and his staff. I would recommend him to anyone facing what I did - surgery to remove a mass and then after an internal bleed, the removal of the remaining portion of my kidney. His follow up was excellent and he was/is available for questions/concerns.

|  Excellent  |  show details
Jan 10th, 2012

My wife is a nurse at Hershey Medical Center. When I was diagnosed with prostate cancer, she asked around found out he was the surgeon every person working there recommended. I had robotic prostate surgery and was back at work in 4 weeks. He did a great job for me and was really fantastic following up and checking on my progress. I would recommend him in a heartbeat.

|  Exceptional Physician  |  show details
Dec 8th, 2011

I cannot say enough about Dr. Jay Raman. He is an exceptional physician who goes out of his way to stay on top of the case and make sure you understand everything going on. I highly recommend Dr. Raman and wish there was a higher rating than just "good".

|  Terrific  |  show details
Jun 26th, 2011

I am a young patient recently diagnosed with kidney cancer that had spread to my lungs. I spent one month seeing 3-4 different doctors without a plan. I saw Dr. Raman. He told me right there what the plan was with surgery and chemo. He got me in and through surgery and did it all robotically. I got home in 48 hours. I still have a long road but without him I wouldn't even be on the road. I can't say enough.

|  He is fantastic  |  show details
Jun 18th, 2011

What a fantastic surgeon and a caring physician.His clinics are busy but he called me to update me on my lab work, my xrays, and even called me after surgery to let my know of my pathology on the weekend!How many doctors will call you on the weekend? I can't think of anyone I would recommend more for prostate cancer surgery.

|  I wish I had said no  |  show details
May 20th, 2011

Dr Ramen may be a talented surgen, but he clearly didn't have the time to take on my case even though he squeezed me in anyway. One of his interns answered some questions about recovery after the surgery and everything she told me was wrong. I was given no warnings about what life after this surgery would be like. Pain management after the surgery was non existent. I woke up in agony and was left that way the whole time I was in the hospital. I wasn't given morphine like other people who I have talked to who have undergone the same surgery. I was given Vicodin and my allotted 1 ounce of water to choke it down with only when I went to get the nurse to ask her for some kind of pain relief. There were no follow up calls from Dr Ramen when I returned home. I was seen for one follow up appointment after the surgery and that was it. I'm regretting having had the surgery.

|  Dr. Raman is incredible!  |  show details
Dec 18th, 2010

He is the best doctor I've ever seen, period. He diagnosed a rare problem that I had been dealing with for years, performed the surgery with no problem, and called me frequently after the surgery to make sure I was recovering well!