Dr. Jay Redan, FACS

• Currently 3.2083333333333 of 4 stars
  • Currently 3.047619047619 of 4 stars
 |  show details
by Christine Damon on Oct 24th, 2013

Dr. Redan has performed 3 surgeries on me assisted with now retired Dr. Harry Reich. He has wonderful bedside manners and brings much needed adhesion experience to his patients. He truly cares about his patients. I live in NH and travel to him for my adhesion surgeries.

|  Go somewhere else for Hernia Surgery  |  show details
by Robert on Apr 15th, 2013

He did hernia surgery on me early 2011. Had pain ever since the surgery. Found out 5 months ago that the repair failed. 2 other surgeons think the hernia failed soon after the org. surgery. Dr. Redan would never admit to that. It is also questionable is the method of repair he used on me. From what I understand someone else in the community where I live had 2 hernia surgeries fail.

|  Great Doc and awesome surgeon.  |  show details
Jan 22nd, 2013

Uses the best technology for surgery! Quick recovery for procedure!

|  Dr. Redan is extremely frirndly , professsional , and caring  |  show details
Aug 31st, 2011

Most pleasant Dr. I have ever met. Very professional and understanding of people. I was waiting in the operating room prep area , the staff informed me that Dr. Redan was running behind because of an emergency. A short time later Dr. Redan himself came put to personally and professionaly apologize. I was amazed and so thankful to have found a Dr. That has care for his patients. And he does it all with a smile , a kind word and a great sense of humor .

|  Absolutely Fantastic.  |  show details
Feb 3rd, 2011

I was referred to Dr. Redan by my general physician. I walked in on a Tuesday afternoon 3 days after Christmas. Every appointment was booked, but Dr. Redan still took me because of the concerns that I was having. I've never had a Doctor do that EVER. I was having issues with (what I thought) were hemorrhoids. After being told that they were not (and giving me a few other options as to what it could be), Dr. Redan suggested surgery for me. Fast forward 3 weeks later to the surgery, Dr. Redan met with me as did his staff before that procedure, and he informed me of everything that I was going to experience. Additionally, he addressed all of the questions that my parents asked, and took the time to meet with me immediately after the surgery. His office staff is great with following up on appointments, and I will recommend him to everyone I know. Yes, his humor is a little dry, but he was the first doctor to CORRECTLY diagnose my problems after two Doctors had failed to do so prior to my visit with Dr. Redan. He's a lifesaver, and I can't thank him enough for everything he did for me.

|  Dr. Redan is a wonderfully skilled surgeon!  |  show details
Dec 30th, 2010

I came to Dr. Redan a year ago with abdominal pain that had been misdiagnosed for years. After one short office visit he diagnosed my problem as a stricture in my colon. I flew in from out of state thinking I would had a short stay and laprascopic surgery. He discovered quickly that I need a much more invasive surgery...which he performed. I am thrilled to report that I have had an entire year of NO PAIN and Dr. Redan solved my problem once and for all! I am eternally grateful for his (and his staff's) excellent service. I would highly recommend Dr. Redan as a trustworthy surgeon.

|  See a Shrink  |  show details
by No Shrink needed on Jun 16th, 2010

Dr. Redan is a talented yet insensitive and callus in his bedside manner. After my removal of adhesions operation I was told that my findings and my symptoms did not match and that I needed to see a Shrink, I agreed that if the pain did not go away I would seek help. Post operative healing went well and I never got the terrible abdominal pain back. It appears that we are not all like the text book teaches...No need to see a Shrink.

|  Dry But Good  |  show details
by Tillo on Sep 22nd, 2009

Dr Redans no messing approach inspires confidence, his dry humor helps with the stress and pain. A1 surgeon

|  Dr. Redan has been Great for me  |  show details
by Lisa Morgan on Sep 8th, 2009

After having two surgeries done by Dr. Jay Redan, I can honestly say he's been extremely professional before and after surgery. My husband and I were impressed this past time because he came to check on me hours after the procedure and took time to sit down and chat with us about options he believed would enhance my overall health. I live in Savannah,Ga., and travel to Celebrations Hospital in Orlando, Fla. because I wholeheartedly believe I have one of the best surgeons in the country. No doctor is mistake proof, but, I have put my life in Dr. Redan's hands twice and will continue to choose ONLY him for surgeries I need.

|  GREAT doctor  |  show details
by A very happy patient on Aug 17th, 2009

I had undergone multiple surgeries and did not find success until going to Dr. Redan. He knew what was wrong with me after getting misdiagnosed by many other physicians. After my surgery he called me multiple times to check up on me. Even on a holiday! He made himself readily available to me if I had any questions. I couldn't say enough positive about him and his skill as a surgeon.

|  General Surgery  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Jul 17th, 2008 on insiderpages.com

Dr. Redan is one of the greatest general surgeon I have met. He runs the CAPPS program at Celebration for patients that have chronic abdomin...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com