Dr. Jay Saunders MD Patient Reviews

2.3

November 10th, 2016
Thank you Doc.
Dr. Saunders has seen my daughter since she was 1 year and 1/2 old, now she is 12 years old. She had bad asthma we end up in the hospital when she was 4 month old, since we move to his office we haven't visit the hospital for this issue anymore. And I'm very grateful as a mother because my child has a condition that is very well controlled.

September 21st, 2016
Examen fisical
This doctor Jay Saunder is a great Doctor he always have the patience to explain all kind of issues of health problems my kids going through. I recommend to my friend's and family he is the doctor I have been looking for. My kids love him. I like the way he explain to me about the situation and gives the right solution. And I like his ethics.also he is available 24 hours seven days a week. He is also caring with you and your kids. He treats you well. I love it it's the right place to. And he's the right Doctor to see,and also gives good recommendations for all your problems

September 19th, 2016
n/a
Very courteous staff!! The doctor was very nice, even got a few fresh croissants! Awesome doctor, always makes my kids laugh, and I can always trust him to know what's best!!

March 24th, 2016
Woud not recommend
He stood us up. We called made an appointment and when we showed up there was NO one there. When we called to ask where he was he said he had something come up the day before and could we wait 45 more minutes. He admitted to us there was no attempt at contact to let us know the change in appointment time. I had driven over an hour to get to the appointment and his office was in a shady part of town. EXTREMELY unprofessional.

January 22nd, 2016
Dr. Saunders, is warm and carring. He wants to make everyone feel at home. He explains everything. He is an excellent diagnostician. Everyone knows the children get hershy's kisses when they say the magic words abra cadabra please and thankyou.

October 22nd, 2015
He is the nastiest old man I've ever been around!!! He talks to people including his staff like garbage, he should consider retiring. I think it's time!!!

April 13th, 2015
Not a patient, but...
... I just had to speak on the phone with this man, and I feel sorry for anyone who uses him as a doctor. An insurance card was found in the lobby of my office, and Dr. Saunders was listed as the PCP along with a phone number. I called it, and was greeted very brusquely by the doctor himself. (I expected the number to be to his office.) I explained the situation and asked if his office would be able to contact the patient who had lost the card to let him know we had hit. His answer was, after a deep sigh, "Look, call back after 1:00 or just mail it to us." I agreed and asked for the address to mail it to. He gave me the street address, but then didn't say what town it was in. (Mind you, I'd never heard of him before and the phone number that was listed did not have a Newburgh exchange that I'm familiar with.) I asked him if the address was in Newburgh, and his answer was, "Well, yes, it's Newburgh, of course!" VERY rude. I said, "Well, I'm not familiar with your office, so I didn't know where you were located," to which he responded, "Listen, if I say I'm in Newburgh, I'm in Newburgh, okay? Believe me!" I couldn't get off the phone with this man quickly enough, and I wouldn't use him as a doctor if my life depended on it. I pray for those who have to deal with him on a regular basis.

January 24th, 2012
Horrible doctor...read up on this guy before you even THINK of walking into his office!
Complete alarmist, orders unnecessary tests, inaccurate (to say the least) book keeping, all of which he has been previously investigated for in mulit ...

October 27th, 2009
WATCH OUT!!!!!
Getting an appointment and the wait time in the waiting room was quite easy. Dr. Saunders takes in excess of 1.5 - 2 hours PER client, you will be there forever!!! He has a reputation amongst his peers and around the County as being an alarmist. Dr. Saunders pushed the 'panic button' with my child's diagnosis resulting in her being brought to Westchester Medical for an EMERGENCY evaluation for a condition that was addressed with a $5 over-the-counter bottle of medicine. Dr. Saunders has been investigated not only for the above mentioned disciplinary action, but was also investigated in another state for Insurance Fraud. His receptionist is VERY nice but his treatment of her in front of his patients is quite poor. I was embarassed for her. Use caution when determining wither or not to use this doctor. NOT RECOMMENDED!