A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Jay Shechter:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Jay Shechter is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Jay Shechter, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Interventional Cardiology.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Shechter graduated from Albany Medical College.
Dr. Shechter has 15 hospital affiliations:
- Banner Gateway Medical Center
- Tempe St Luke's Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Shechter accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Humana - 3 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Aetna - 6 plans
- United Healthcare - 1 plan
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona - 5 plans
- ODS Health Plans - 1 plan
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Health Choice Arizona - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Jay Shechter practice?
Dr. Jay Shechter practices Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, Cardiology, and Interventional Cardiology near Gilbert, AZ.
Additional practice locations include: Mesa, AZ and San Tan Valley, AZ.
See Gilbert Internists and Gilbert Cardiologists.