A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Jay Tureen:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Tureen
Severe Persistent Asthma Patient Education Our severe persistent asthma patient education guide explains causes and treatment options for relief of asthma symptoms.Before Visiting Dr. Tureen Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Jay Tureen, MD is board certified in Pediatrics and Pediatric Infectious Diseases.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Bacterial Meningitis
- E.Coli (Escherichia coli Infections)
- Pneumococcal Meningitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Tureen graduated from Saint Louis University.
Dr. Tureen has 7 hospital affiliations:
- UCSF Medical Center / Moffitt-Long Hospitals
- San Francisco General Hospital Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Jay Howard Tureen MD is a male Pediatrician, has 34 years of experience and practices in Pediatrics and Pediatric Infectious Diseases.
- Where does Dr. Jay H. Tureen practice?
- Dr. Jay Tureen has 1 office location.
Dr. Jay Tureen practices Pediatrics and Pediatric Infectious Diseases near San Francisco, CA.
See San Francisco Pediatricians and San Francisco Infectious Disease Doctors.