A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Jay Tureen:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Tureen
Shingles Patient Education Patient education guide to shingles or herpes zoster, more commonly known as chickenpox which is a painful rash condition.Before Visiting Dr. Tureen Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Jay Tureen, MD is board certified in Pediatrics and Pediatric Infectious Diseases.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Bacterial Meningitis
- E.Coli (Escherichia coli Infections)
- Pneumococcal Meningitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Tureen graduated from Saint Louis University.
Dr. Tureen has 7 hospital affiliations:
- UCSF Medical Center / Moffitt-Long Hospitals
- San Francisco General Hospital Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Jay Howard Tureen MD is a male Pediatrician, has 33 years of experience and practices in Pediatrics and Pediatric Infectious Diseases.
- Where does Dr. Jay H. Tureen practice?
- Dr. Jay Tureen has 2 office locations.
Dr. Jay Tureen practices Pediatrics and Pediatric Infectious Diseases near San Francisco, CA.
See San Francisco Pediatricians and San Francisco Infectious Disease Doctors.