A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Jay Tureen:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Jay Tureen, MD is board certified in Pediatrics and Pediatric Infectious Diseases.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Bacterial Meningitis
- E.Coli (Escherichia coli Infections)
- Pneumococcal Meningitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Tureen graduated from Saint Louis University.
Dr. Tureen has 7 hospital affiliations:
- UCSF Medical Center / Moffitt-Long Hospitals
- San Francisco General Hospital Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Tureen accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Anthem Blue Cross - 1 plan
- Blue Shield of California - 3 plans
- Humana - 6 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Health Plan of San Joaquin - 4 plans