Dr. Jay Weiner MD Patient Reviews

• Pulmonary Disease Kensington, MD

2.8

October 4th, 2016
Saved My Life.
YES Dr. Weiner saved my life almost 16 years ago He took me to Holy Cross as I couldn`t drive. I almost drown in my own fluid that had accumulated around my heart and lungs. I was then diagnosed with SLE Lupus. I`ve been seeing him every other month for follow ups. Yes he does come on strong sometimes. He tells you what you need to hear b/c he really does care. For the most part he is funny. The staff is warm, caring and funny as well. Thank G-d this doctor was in my corner fighting for me or I most likely wouldn`t be here today..

November 16th, 2015
Icy Office
This is the saddest medical office I have ever been in. I thought they were just having an off day on my first visit, but when I have returned in subsequent visits the mood was as bad--or worse. There is one woman who is bubbly and kind who takes you back to the exam room and her name was too hard for me to recall it. Other than that, the ice queen at the front desk won't even lift her eyes to greet a patient... zip--nothing. I watched her as I waited-- and was incredulous. People would stand there and she would not acknowledge them. It's sad b/c people looked pretty unhealthy in this office--oxygen tanks etc--- and could certainly use a friendly smile or a measure of warmth. Dr Weiner was ok-- a little fast talking and blunt. I think he really cares, but the package the caring is wrapped up in is not too pretty.

September 27th, 2015
I have known Dr. Weiner for over thirty years. He is caring, thorough. and extremely competent. He responds to phone calls. His staff is very helpful. He is current on pulmonary care and intensive care medicine.

April 10th, 2014
Saved my life
Dr. Weiner saved my life. I had nodules growing in my lungs and a surgeon biopsied and sent to pathologist for identification. For several months Pathologists could not identify what I had. The surgon gave me a 6 month follow up CT scan and the nodules have grown significantly in both lungs. I was referred to Dr. Weiner and he decided to send my biopsy to a world renowned pathologist at Sloan Kettering. A week later I received my diagnosis and he promised he would get to the bottom of it. He has been treating me since and I have improved 80%. He jokes at times, and is serious other times, he listens, and I feel very comfortable with him as my doctor.

April 22nd, 2013
Kind and skillful: Dr. Weiner has been a greater doctor to me. Other specialists I see for a systemic disease think he's a fine physician, too. I've seen him every 6-12 months for about 12 years. He monitors my illness well, and is obviously pleased that things are going better than one might expect. He often bounces in with a jovial manner (maybe influenced by getting to deliver the news that I'm doing well, all things considered?) but he's very respectful and patient once we get into discussing my test results, and is serious about delivering conservative, comprehensive care.

January 3rd, 2012
Skip him
He is a joke, uncaring, an idiot I would rather die than meet him.

October 10th, 2011
Poor service and follow up by Weiner
Weiner was refered by another Dr. It started going downhill from there Bettie Holmes the patient was treated poorly. The Dr. wrote a letter saying he no longer accepted Blue Choice then the office called months later wanting her to schedule a visit. Weiner refused to provide necessary follow up services so medicare could be billed properly. Nurse in the office stated Weiner will not return her calls so as to solve problem nor the calls of Robert Oxygen to solve the ensuing problems. Bottom line is I would not recomend this Dr.to a Dog he is arrogant and lacks in basic professionalism. He treats senior citizens very poorly

August 29th, 2011
Dr. Weiner is a very pompous man. He does not return phone calls. He is not a people person. I will would not recommend him.

May 18th, 2011
He thinks he is a know it all
Sharp tongued, no patience, orders needless xrays, NO bedside manner