Dr. Jaya Unnithan MD Patient Reviews

• Internal Medicine Elyria, OH

• Good
  • Bad

January 28th, 2015
Very inconsiderate and rushes through
Not only did this Doctor misdiagnose me entirely and rushed through my appointment in about 5 minutes, but after my appointment (in which she treated me like I was crazy when I suggested the issue with my headaches was probably due to my spinal fluid) she brushed me off as some drug-seeking lunatic, and I ended up in the ER only a few short hours after my appointment getting an emergency blood-patch procedure because I was vomiting uncontrollably with a severe headache (which she didn't believe I had) and guess what the issue was: my spinal fluid was leaking... -_- So, my day was already going horribly due to the emergency at hand, but because she was "so thorough" in dismissing me as some young junkie or something, she went even further by calling the hospital and telling them that I was "just trying to get narcotics". So, yes, this doctor has some kind of ego/power issue and is extremely judgemental and rushes through her appointment without serious consideration. Luckily, the hospital took me seriously and my life was saved due to them not rushing to judgement like this doctor did. The doctor who diagnosed my spinal issue looked through my file from her and told me that "he wouldn't let her touch him with a 10' pole" and then apologized and said many doctors can become jaded by the true idiots out there. So, in short, I would say that out of anything I've ever dealt with in my life, dealing with this doctor and trusting her 'ratings' was probably one of the biggest mistakes I've ever made and fortunately there are more considerate doctors out there.

August 28th, 2012
Outstanding!
The best doctor . I have had her for 5 years now. Very caring. Good follow up. Very knowledgable. Gentle , but firm. Exceptional staff! Patients come first for her- good job, Cleveland Clinic! Thank you, Dr.Unnithan

August 20th, 2012
Disappointed
This was the worst Dr I have ever had. My first appointment lasted 5 minutes with the nurse and 4 minutes with the dr and she didn't even listen to me after my first sentence (seriously)she didn't even touch me til I asked her if she wanted me to show her where my pain in the stomach was. The thing that bothered me the most is SHE DIDN'T LISTEN to what I was feeling.Then gave me an over the counter drug that I had been using already..Did you know acid reflux can cause fever? (I was told by another dr it doesn't, but she said it could ??)Again she don't listen to you.

April 23rd, 2012
Dr. Unithan has always been very kind and helpful to me. She spends the time that I need when I'm in her office. Very courteous.

April 13th, 2012
Wouldnt take my dog to this doc.
very poor manners, not a good example of "World Class Care Close To Home". Cleveland Clinic really needs to sit back and reevaluate this one...

January 27th, 2017