Dr. Jayalekshmy Kumar Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Jayalekshmy Kumar?

Dr. Jayalekshy Kumar neglected a patient's care

Posted on August 13th, 2017

I recently had a very poor experience with Dr. Kumar leading me to feel that she had neglected a patient's care. Dr. Kumar gave my wife a diagnosis of myesthenia gravis -- a serious autoimmune disease -- this past June. Under Dr. Kumar's care, my wife's condition rapidly regressed into a myesthenial crisis. Although my wife was prescribed a drug for treating this disease, Dr. Kumar kept increasing the dosage without visually evaluating the symptoms or monitoring my wife's new and worsening condition. Over the July 4th holiday, phone calls were made to Dr. Kumar's office for advice but the calls were never returned. Finally, when Dr. Kumar was reached after the holiday weekend the situation required bringing my wife to the hospital where Dr. Kumar is affiliated. Once the crisis was being treated by physicians in the hospital's intensive care unit, Dr. Kumar chose not to get involved. To this day, now several months later, we are receiving care elsewhere. And Dr. Kumar has not once inquired about my wife's health.

Posted on April 10th, 2015

We are beginning the long road of dementia and I am confident that Dr. Kumar will be there to guide us. She is very gentle and explains our options. The waiting room is very crowded, small and the radio is too loud and discordant for people with neurological problems and confusion. With our 2 visits, we have been seen 30 minutes late and 55 minutes late, too long in a cramped space.

Posted on December 29th, 2014

Over books, Talks to fast and rushes you out. Office is old and not that clean. Does not seem to listen. There is a lot better out there do not settle for second rate.

GOOD SERVICE

Posted on December 6th, 2014

Spends time to learn about your problem.

Very thorough

Posted on February 23rd, 2012

I am very pleased with the care given to me by Dr. Jaya Kumar. I can't believe that anyone would rate her lower than 4 stars.

So very helpful

Posted on August 8th, 2011

I can't say enough good things about Dr. Kumar. She is a true professional; intelligent, articulate, caring and compassionate. She asks meaningful questions and most of all she is an active listener who thinks outside the box. She has been a godsend and I would be comfortable recommending her to anyone.

Better than the best

Posted on August 7th, 2011

Posted on March 4th, 2009

Third rate doc. Do not visist her. She will take your life.

Posted on August 15th, 2016