Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN), Oncology Specialist (cancer)
Video profile

Excellent- caring and professional show details Excellent- caring and professional
by Sarah B on Sep 29th, 2013

I can highly recommend Dr.Lea. She sat with me for one hour on my first visit last month and went thorough my chart and explained everything to me. She drew diagrams and really made certain that I understood everything that was going on. All my follow up results were put up on my chart, which I really liked as I can stay informed and read my results. My surgery went well and I feel very confident in her hands.

Oct 31st, 2012

After visiting multiple gynecologic oncologists, I feel I have enough exposure to make a comparison. Dr. Lea was by far the most thorough and caring doctor I encountered. Not only did she take time during my initial consultation to explain my pathology report and next steps, but she was the ONLY doctor who ordered additional testing. She has been readily accessible through MyChart and via telephone too. In addition, she went above and beyond (including seeking outside expert opinions) to come up with a treatment plan for me. I would highly recommend her to anyone who is looking for a gynecologic oncologist, as she is the BEST!

Sep 27th, 2011

Dr. Lea is very caring,thorough and knowledgable. Her follow-up is excellent. I'd recommend her to my family and friends if they are facing gynecological cancer.

Dr. Lea Is Proof That Bad Doctors Do Exist show details Dr. Lea Is Proof That Bad Doctors Do Exist
Mar 26th, 2010

Dr. lea is an uncaring, unfriendly person. She works with patients are are dealing with Cancer. She shows no empathy towards her patients. I always leave my office visits with her feeling more hopeless than I did when I first came in. She does not understand that her patiens are going through a tough time and they need her support and medical knowledge. She prescibes meds without explainning why. She just makes me feel like that peice of gum that's stuck to the bottom of her shoe! I'm glad that she is currently transferring herself to another facility in Texas. Please reach out to Dr. Lea if you want to feel uncared for.

Dr. Lea is the Doc to see! show details Dr. Lea is the Doc to see!
by Kristie EMLA on Jan 20th, 2010

I love Dr. Lea. She is thoughful and thorough. She spends as much time as I need to answer any questions. She has called me directly for follow ups. You really need to know you're in good hands when you have cancer and Dr. Lea is amazing and has a beautiful spirit. The staff at Blumenthal Cancer Center are all very reassuring and highly recommended.