Dr. Jayasimha Murthy MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

April 29th, 2017
incompetant, malicious doctor
Dr. Murthy followed my mother at Kindred and despite extreme hypoxemia did not follow up on xrays or her clinical status. He is one of the worst physicians I have personally seen. She was transferred back to Methodist and his chief was apologetic. His behaviour was completely unacceptable

January 14th, 2016
Very difficult to get a hold of after hospital stay or office visit. Only get to speak to nurse who is very slow to return calls. Their portal is useless - basically for nurse to enter data - who is not familiar with all the functions. Unable to access MD or Manager - all emails go to nurse who is the problem. Asked for an appt. the week I got out of the hospital as instructed at discharge and was given an appt. 6 weeks later because they were moving offices and the Holidays - unacceptable for a post hospital follow up visit. Meds ordered not on insurance and Pharmacist notified office and it has still been 7 days already and the nurse has not responded to Pharmacist or changed the med. I assume this med is not that important but know better.

September 25th, 2013
Psychologist
Some of the ratings are not applicable, since I have yet to meet with Dr. Murthy in his office. I initially saw Dr. Murthy when I was admitted to intensive care for rapid heartrate and extreme shortness of breath. He visited me within the first few hours of my stay and subsequently diagnosed and treated pneumonia, a collapsed lung and atelectasis (blockage in the lung). He was positive, attentive, kind, to the point and confident in his diagnosis and treatment. He personally educated me upon my discharge regarding how to prevent a recurrence and told me to follow up with him in three weeks, which I will do. He performed a bronchoscopy which marked the turning point in my treatment - a procedure about which I had been quite anxious. He listened to my concerns and provided considerable reassurance, and indeed it turned out to be a piece of cake. I cannot recommend Dr. Murthy highly enough, and have total confidence in him.

September 15th, 2011