Dr. Jayati Singh MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

April 1st, 2015
She has been a wonderful doctor for me.

October 18th, 2014
TERRIBLE psychiatrist.
I can't believe I wasted 3 years seeing her. And I'm astonished that there isn't many bad reviews on this "doctor". The first year I saw her, she was nice, respectful, LISTENED, and actually seemed willing to help. But the treatment went downhill after that. Every time I came in to see her, she kept wanting to change my diagnosis! Which made it very hard for me to get on disability (she was well informed that I was in the process of getting on disability. I have a psychotic disorder). She tried me on at LEAST 18 different medications? A lot of them had horrible side effects and I can state with ease that thanks to her, I've been in the psych ward twice. She began to not listen to me and twist my words around. She started getting an attitude & was very rude near the end of "treatment" I got from her. I can say I'm doing A LOT BETTER NOW after getting a different psychiatrist. Dr. Singh is fake, incompetent, manipulative & eager to throw you on very dangerous and high doses of medications. I wouldn't suggest anyone to see her, not even my worst enemy.

November 5th, 2010
An exceptional psychiatrist
Dr. Singh is an exceptional psychiatrist. I have been on antidepressants for 35 years,and have worked with a lot of psychiatrists; she has done a great job of prescribing and managing my medications. I wish that my insurance coverage would allow me to see her for therapy, as she is a genuinely compassionate and sincere person; very insightful and astute. A rare find in the psychiatric community!

July 21st, 2009
Caring, friendly but firm
When you are having personal difficulties, you want a Doc. who is genuinely empathetic, rather than sympathetic. You need one with strength of character, one who is smart/ knowledgeable and intelligent but not condescending or pretentious; compassionate but not namby pamby. You need a doctor who is fair and firm.Dr. Jayati Singh is this person. She is a lovely person who genuinely cares about your wellness. I have been a patient of hers since 2002. At that time, I could never find a Doc. who was bright enough to challenge me, bold enough to say what needed to be said and yet compassionate with a good bedside manner. My family doctor referred me to her. When I first met her, I knew that we'd "hit the nail on the head", as it were. She's helped me to change my life from the inside out. Mental illness is something that doesn't magically disappear, but with the proper help one can manage life more effectively and comfortably.