Jayci E Knights Patient Reviews

3.3
  • 18 reviews

January 13th, 2016
Amazing Doctor! Best I have ever encountered.
I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Jayci Knights. The fact that anyone could say anything negative baffles me. Dr. Knights saved my life and the life of my unborn child 2 years ago and there is no other doctor I would see to help with the birth of my 3rd child. She is patient, kind, understanding, takes time to explain things clearly and even did this with my husband when I was in surgery. She is amazing and the reviews do not give her the credit she deserves. She isn't sarcastic or cocky in her tone, she is real. She will tell you like it is and does not sugarcoat things. That's something I like about her. She will also take time to try different things and make recommendations, etc. She is amazing and I am thankful for her daily.

April 24th, 2015
DO NOT SEE THIS DOCTOR
This doctor was rude. She did not introduce herself, had poor bedside manners, grabbed at my swollen ankles without saying what she was doing, and swept my membranes without my consent. I felt extremely violated. DO NOT SEE THIS DOCTOR.

July 25th, 2014
would NEVER recommend seeing this doctor!
I'm 24 years old and have been going to Dr. Knights for a while now. I never liked her, but I continued to go because she knew my extensive history with health problems (since age 17). She is very cold, is cocky and has a very sarcastic tone that I never appreciated. Today was the final straw for me. From age 17-21, I was very, very sick, in a wheelchair and in constant pain. To make me more comfortable, my doctors put me on painkillers (first oxycontin, and then switched me to methadone because the pain was just getting worse). Over two years ago, I found a doctor who helped treat the debilitating disease I have and who took me off all pain meds. I'm back in school, can walk, and have my life back. A few months ago, I started having severe head and neck pain with constant, painful headaches. They put me on Percocet for the headaches (after trying about 6 different medications that did nothing), until I can get into see a good neurologist. After over a month of back and forth with my doctor trying to get me in, I finally have an appointment next week. I saw Dr. Knights today, just for a routine, yearly pap smear. I have gained some weight, which is not good for what I have, PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome). So, we started talking about why I gained some weight, and I explained to her all the recent health problems I've been having (plus I broke my foot a few months back, which didn't help my situation at all). She asked me what was going on now and I told her about the constant headaches and problems I've been having, and the medication they put me on (Percocet).She then told me, and this is word for word, "well, you have a history of drug use and dependency, so we don't want to go down that road again". I was shocked, are you kidding me? I've been seeing this woman for over 2 years, multiple times a year, and she can't remember that I wasn't a drug user, that I was on heavy-duty pain killers because of the horrible disease I was diagnosed with when I was 17, really? I asked her what she was talking about, and she said "well, I know you were on oxycontin and were using it often, and then you got switched to methadone because you were dependent on it". She said this all with major attitude and treated me like she was better than me. I reminded her what the REAL reason I was on pain meds for (mind you, I even saw her when I was very sick and in a wheel chair), and in the middle of me trying to remind her, she interrupted me and told me it doesn't matter, to relax, and that she's not judging me, all again with a cocky tone of voice. Normally, I would let things slide. I'm not the type of person to make a big deal about things, and would rather things be ignored so I can move on and not sweat the small stuff. This just REALLY got to me today, I don't need to be talked down to or treated a certain way just because she can't remember very important things about her patients history. Needless to say, I will never, ever be going back to that woman, even if she's the last obgyn around.

November 25th, 2013
Outraged - NO Stars should be given!
My son arrived 5 weeks early. I was nervous and excited to meet our new baby. I went into labor at 4:30 AM, called my OBGYN Office in Cherry Hill, NJ. They ionstructed me to go to the hospital. We Went to Cooper. Several other women were in labor dude to the hurricanes. My normal doctor (who is wonderful) was on vacation so I had a doctyor I had never met before. She was very supportive, as was the rest of the team. Then there was a shift change and a new "doctor" arrived. Dr. Jayci Knights came into the room, with no smile, no care, or expression on her face. Mean and cold to the core. That is how I can best describe her..on this website anyway.. My son is now a year old and I will always remeber how terribly she treated me.. I never met her before. Dr. Knights stated that I needed to "take this seriously, need to get this baby out, so lets push". She left the room briefly. I could not believe her tone of voice, it was like a drill sergeant came into the room. I immediately asked if there was another doctor and was told there was not one available. Dr. Knights came back into the room and I began to push. She told me after 3-4 attempts that I was not doing a good job and needed to try harder. "Stop making faces and to push harder". The pain was severe and I kept pushing the epidural button. I repeatedly told everyone that it wasn't working. Dr. Knights had a mirror placed so I could see myself pushing and see the top of my sons head. I pushed and pushed with no success. He was stuck at my pelvis. . All the while, the nurse, my husband and sister were encouraging me. Dr. Knights face was stern and her tone of voice was sarcastic. There was no encouragement from Dr. Knights. Instead she was critical, unsupportive and downright sarcastic. Things were not progressing. Dr. Knights said I had two choices, to push or do a C-section. We choose C-section since the pain was too much to bear. Dr. Knights seemed disgusted with me and my choice to have a C-section. She made this clear when I was moved to the operating room to have the C-section performed. I heard Dr. Knight say that I could have pushed the baby out, but I just wasn't trying hard enough. I was so upset and in a great deal of pain. I was scared to have her person perform the C-section. A spinal injection was given to me via my catheter, but again I still felt pain. I begged the anesthesiologist to not let them perform anything until the pain was gone. He decided to put me to sleep. Due to the epidural placement not being correct I required more medication and needed to be put to sleep to have the c section performed. When my son was delivered at 9 pm via c section, he was unresponsive and needed to spend 12 days in the NICU. I do believe this would not have occurred had the epidural been properly placed. The lack of compassion and over all poor attitude I received from Dr. Knights is not acceptable. I reported this to the hsopital and they did take this seriously. I do hope no ther woman has to experience this "doctor".

October 21st, 2013
unhappy
I am very disappointed. I call with a question that was important to me and waited for over a week for an answer. I am now looking for a new doctor outside of the Cooper System! This is not the first time this happened. Bad attitude and no bed side manner. Oh well.

July 15th, 2013
the best
Dr Knight delivered my first son at brokdale hospital over 14 years ago. I still have not met another dr as caring and professional as she. My husband and i still talk about her.

October 10th, 2012
Dr. Knights has been taking excellent care of me for many years. I drive over an hour to her office for my yearly visit. She is always on top of my history, asks questions related to current findings, discusses future care, and patiently answers questions.She always calls back if I phone in with a problem or concern.She has a gentle personality, and never has rushed me. I hope she will be my OBGYN for a long time.

September 14th, 2012
i love her
Her attitude and personality makes you feel very at ease and comfortable to tall about anything

February 10th, 2012
I would recommend any of the other doctors in the bunker hill plaza location except her. Dr. Knights is very rude. When she walked in she didn't say hi how are doing or anything. Immediately "did you bring your gluclose test with you", whole time she is talking at me and not to me. I am nine months pregnant and after checking the babies heart rate she did not offer to help me up from the table. All she cared about was what was going to be my next form of contraception after my daughter was born. Hello can I get this kid delivered first? I mean I understand that that is something that I need to think about but that won't be an issue until six weeks after my kid is born. I have been going to this office for years and enjoy every other doctor at the office. I must now remember that I must request to not get her from now on and I will fine.

October 12th, 2011
When they say Dr. Knight say NO!
This was my worse experience with a Dr. She was very unprofessional and cocky! She was discussing my problem with the nurse very loud, so loud I could hear everything she said. She never introduced herself, just sat down and said so what's the problem. She was uncaring, and in a rush like I was not important and as if I had made up a reason to be seen. Money does not grow on trees and if I was not in pain I would not have come to the Dr. She needs to be reviewed. I am looking into where I can call and complain about her. She needs to take a class in professionalism. I will NEVER allow her to see me again. Nasty attitude! She is giving black doctors a bad name.

September 12th, 2011
No Care and Clueless
Stay away from this 'Doctor'. Just because they are Doctors doesn't mean they are intelligent or have staff that have any idea that knows what to do. You would think after being hospitalized twice for the same problem, that there would be some Care from this office, or at least a follow up. NONE. You would think, after calling over the weekend for an Emergency that there would be a follow up during the week. NONE. You would think, making an Emergency Appointment for a procedure would cause a Sense of Urgency to fix the problem ASAP. NOPE. No explanation, a lot of assumptions, and can't handle frustration from family memb ers who just want to keep their loved ones Alive! After all that... they have the nerve to Release the patient with no Solution. Idiots!

August 20th, 2011
Poor dr, would not follow up or call insurance to help get prescriptions. I do not recommend this doctor