Dr. Jaye Schreier MD Patient Reviews

• 1 comment

Showing 1 - 1 review

June 28th, 2010
Incompetent Pediatrician- Do Not Trust Dr. Jaye Schreier
Dr. Jaye Schreier misdiagnosed my 3 week old daughter's milk allergy symptoms for Hirschsprung's disease. My daughter's primary pediatrician sent us to Lutheran General Hospital because she was reacting to a food allergy. Two ER pediatricians at Lutheran General also determined that my daughter likely had a food allergy and admitted her to the hospital so that she could be seen by a pediatric G.I. doctor. Dr. Jaye Schreier was the Hospitalist at Lutheran General and she determined that my daughter had Hirschsprung's disease despite having no symptoms of the disease. Dr. Schreier did not even evaluate the results of my daughter's x-rays and ultrasounds before cancelling the visit from the G.I. doctor and scheduling a visit from a pediatric surgeon instead. Dr. Schreier was so incompetent that she did not inform us that she had cancelled the G.I. doctor nor did she inform her Residents that she had done so, so we sat around all day waiting for a doctor that was not coming. The next three days were worse. Blood draws, x-rays, ultrasounds, and a barium enema all showed no symptoms of Hirschsprung's disease yet Dr. Schreier was convinced otherwise. Whenever we questioned Dr. Schreier, she made something up, or said, "I don't know". All we could do was go along with every test that Dr. Schreier ordered and then sit around and wait. Dr. Schreier would not discharge my daughter from the hospital stating that they needed to monitor her in case she got an infection from the Hirschsprung's disease. On day four, we finally got a chance to talk to the pediatric surgeon who stated that there was no reason my daughter needed to stay in the hospital even if she did have Hirschsprung's disease. After the surgeon performed a biopsy, we were finally discharged at 10pm on the fourth day in the hospital. Needless to say, the biopsy results showed that my daughter did not have Hirschsprung's disease. We took our daughter to see a pediatric G.I. doctor after the hospital stay only to find out that she is allergic to milk, just as her pediatrician and the ER doctor's diagnosed in the first place. I've had my daughter's x-rays, ultrasounds, and enema results from the hospital stay evaluated by several other pediatricians, radiologists, and G.I. doctors since then, and all have stated that they would not have thought it was Hirschsprung's disease. Dr. Schreier made a blatant misdiagnosis. Beware of Dr. Jaye Schreier. As a parent, I urge you to avoid having your children seen by Dr. Schreier. If you are deciding whether to admit your child to Lutheran General or Children's Memorial, please go to Children's Memorial instead. I hear that Children's Memorial's doctors have much better reputations.