Internists

East TN Medical Group
266 Joule St
Alcoa, TN 37701
865-984-3864
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

|  show details
Mar 23rd, 2013

Dr. Jhala is one the best doc I have ever met. Generally, all doctors are same as far as traditional practice of medicine goes. What sets Dr. Jhala apart from rest of the bunch is his outlook and flexibility to try other options. He is health freak. He practice what he preaches. He has this marathon certificates on the wall of his office and always pushes me and my family to be active. He prescribed me some medicine but also ask me to try some home remedies which works like magic. I always on the go and want to get out of doctors office ASAP and Dr. Jhala is quick, which suits my need.

|  I love Dr. Jhala, he is excellent  |  show details
Aug 16th, 2012

Dr. Jhala, along with my surgeon, follow me after a surgery several years ago. I never have to wait but a few minutes. He is professional, listens very well and recalls previous visits. His staff is pleasant and responsive. I have been his patient for 5 years and will be his patient as long as he practices medicine. My husband and son are patients now as well.

|  Easy to get appointment, but that's not a good thing.  |  show details
Jul 17th, 2012

Dr. Jhala is easy to get appointments with. With that being said, there is a good reason for that! He really is only in this for one thing. MONEY! That is why he always wants to have follow up visits and will only discuss whatever issue you called about, for the appointment. If there is another possible issue, he will tell you that you need to make another appointment (so he can bill insurance again). He always seems like he's in to big of a hurry to really listen to what's going on. I can't really think of another DR. that I have been this displeased with. In fact, all the DR.'s I can recall going to have been great, besides him.

|  poor performance  |  show details
Mar 29th, 2012

This doctor does not listen to you problems and works hard to send you to a specialist. He is always in a hurry and does not follow up when completed. He just runs out of the office and assumes you have no more questions. I would not recommend this doctor as he has no time for the patient. He is also not very good at analyzing the problems. He waits for you to tell him what the problem is (as if you were a doctor).

|  Very Unethical  |  show details
Oct 27th, 2011

he did not do a full medical history before medication even when asked about medications possibly causing harm to already existing problems and said he knew what medicines did what and Could not be reached for any questions and was given different messages from two different nurses with different tests result scores and raised my medication by a 30mg jump and when i had a reaction to it(felt high and chest pains and stuttering and dizzy and throwing up as i told the nurse) i was then told because i did not take the appointments he set for me instead of having to set them by my husbands work schedule since my husband is not my physician that he is and because i didnt take a thyroid medication even though one nurse said the results came back normal that i was to take the 60mg of cymbalta every other day and find a different doctor to figure out how to either wean me off or find a dosage to suit me or wean myself off that he will not be answering anymore of my questions that my reactions are no longer under him because he is releasing me as a patient that me questioning him or the medication was not going to work so we will be consulting a lawyer blue cross blue shield suggested for us and we have times and dates and a witness(2 other patients) to our tones of voices used and how we was treated.. i was also given prescriptions and when i asked where they was sent i was told by the nurse(i have the names) that they didnt state where they was sent that my guess was as good as hers...again i spoke with them all phones calls on speaker phone and have witnesses..

|  Photographer  |  show details
by yina Mtz. on Mar 15th, 2011

Hi, I can see you are now a great Doc. congratulations, we meet in Guadalajara when you was studing, I hope you can remember me. soy Yina, de mail boxes etc.Celinas friend. muchas felicidades por tus logros!yina_m@hotmail.com