Dr. Jayshree Novak Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Jayshree Novak?

Asthma

Asthma

Have you seen Dr. Jayshree Novak?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

May 27th, 2016

Needs to stick to practicing and not preaching

Was not fully informed of her "philosophy" on vaccines was pretty much ignored and lied to. She was informed upfront that I will not be vaccinating my child and still accepted services but after 2 week check up all of the sudden she wants to refuse to see my child. Had enough nerves to try to preach to me and tell me what I should do with my child. Will not be returning to her office period she need to clean up around there anyway just trying to get in a hazard its self.

February 4th, 2016

Very Pleased

The office staff and Dr. Novak are phenomenal. They are always able to help my little guy. I am very appreciative of their services.

November 10th, 2015

She is a tell it like it is lady.

September 16th, 2015

CULTURAL CHASM.

Dr Novak is a The Donald of pediatricians: a straight-shooter with (sometimes) not-too-sweet bedside manners. Some patients, with a chip on their shoulder just can't take it ("I was too busy to get my kid a banana. So, I gave her one in jar....ha, ha, ha!). Some complain! They may find her "rude" because they do not know where she is coming from. As for me, I am honored to meet this magnificent lady doctor who cares. Thank you, Dr J.

May 28th, 2015

1.5 hours late ALWAYS and does not see patients in the order they came in!

Dr Novak is always late. All her patients are always on time. Still I fail to understand why I am made to wait ONE and HALF hours to see the doctor. My baby is 9 months old and cannot wait that long. He enters his next sleep cycle by the time the doctor comes. Mg son is always irritable and drowsy after the long wait. Sometimes dr Novak sees other patients before seeing us and does not see us in the order we came in, which has disturbed us off many times. She's forgets that its a working day and most parents have to go back to their office. When my husband asked her about it, Dr Novak said, 'then go find another doctor who can check you in and out in short time'. That was not the answer anybody would like to hear after waiting 1.5-2 hours with a sick baby. That particular day my child has bad cough, cold and a ear infection. He was even prescribed antibiotics. So it was a rough 2 hour wait. And we got really made after the long rough wait with a sick child and bad rude response! That same appointment/same day the Dr saw three other patients before seeing us. It was the worst experience with any doctor we have had!! This practice is run by the doctor herself and is terribly managed. I can't understand why the doctor is always late, even though all her patients are on time. Terrible management of time and no concerns for parents time! Also very rude! Good diagnosis!

January 15th, 2015

Nick and Bella's Mom

This is my second review, my last one was in 2012. I just wanted to say that after 11 years, we still LOVE Dr. Novak. I would like to explain the importance of what this wonderful lady does. She does not sugarcoat things. She is very blunt and will tell you exactly what she thinks. This is why I love her. Her job isn't to coddle the parent and make the feel like the world's best mom or dad, but rather to educate the parent. Dr. Novak is a firm believer in fresh produce and limiting sugars. She is a very healthy woman because she follows those same eating habits. If parents took the time to actually listen to her instead of being offended at her honesty, they could learn a lot. She is very caring and thorough with her patients. She makes follow-up calls on the weekends to see how my kids are doing. If you are looking for a doctor that doesn't care what you feed your children and will hold your hand and sugarcoat the truth, then Dr. Novak isn't for you. If you are looking for a doctor that will diagnose your child properly and will tell you the truth without the fear of hurting feelings, the Dr. Novak is perfect for you. My kids can hold my hand and make me feel like the world's best mom....that is not Dr. Novak's job. They have recently moved to a new office and the inside is beautiful! Bigger rooms, separate waiting rooms and a brighter atmosphere. Dr. Novak could practice out of a cave and we would still see her. That's how great she is!

December 18th, 2014

make parents feel bad.

My daughter has been attending this office for about 12 months now. Every time I go to the doctor I notice that Dr. Novak seems to be very rude. When I ask questions I never seem to get my questions answered properly. However, she always comes at me with negativity as if I am a bad mother and I know that I am a wonderful mother. She also tells me that I should only give my baby fresh fruit and never jar fruit. However that is her personal opinion but I am NOT a terrible mother because I decide to give my baby jar bananas over fresh bananas every now and then when I am on the go. This last experience with this doctor is making me change my daughters doctor because I cannot take the negativity and feeling less of a parent anymore. She should really learn how to talk to the patient parents. However she is a great doctor as far as diagnosis go but as far as making the parents feel less of a mother she has Scored high in that area. No parent should feel like a bad parent unless they are being a bad parent. Dr Novak has definitely lost my daughter as a patient. I will NEVER RECOMMEND to NO one!!

April 3rd, 2014

Good Diagnostician

Dr. Novak is very thorough a good diagnostician. We are raising a granddaughter and she made an appointment with a specialist and arranged the visit at no cost to us due to financial difficulties. The offices are old and need to be updated but we don't go there for the atmosphere. Dr. Novak can be abrupt at times and expects parents to do their part. I would recommend her to anyone, have been going to her for 6 years and plan to the next six.

November 14th, 2013

Horrible experience ! Never going back there

First time experience was horrible as soon as I walked in her office me and my husband didn't like it at all it looks old and dirty, I walked to the front desk and the first thing I see is one of her assistant eating wingstop and her drink right next to her don't they have a break room ?! And OSHA violation ... Her other assistant had food in her lip while she was assisting us so unprofessional and her other assistant was chewing gum and she was talking to our 1 week year old child while she was smacking her gum in his face plus her assistance didn't wear gloves another OSHA violation . Dr Novak made me feel like a horrible mom and I'm a first time mom I'm trying to get the hang of it and she just started saying negative things to me I even cried in her old nasty patients room when she walked away it was just horrible I don't know why people even go back there .....

September 8th, 2013

Great Service and follow through

We were visiting our family in Dallas when our 5 month old daughter got sick and was running high fever. We were able to schedule an appointment with Dr. Novak within 2 hours. The staff was great and very nice to my daughter. Dr. Novak was very thorough in her evaluation of my daughter and accurately diagnosed her. She also reached out to our daughter's pediatrician in Phoenix. Above, call she called us every day for 5 days until our daughter was fever free for 24 hours. Amazing service and follow through in these times when other doctors find it hard to spend a 5 mins!!! Highly recommend her as a pediatrician if you live in the Dallas area

August 12th, 2013

A wonderful doctor

Dr. Novak has been treating my children for 13 years. She is the absolute best doctor. She has zero tolerance for lazy parents and has no problems letting apparent know if they are not doing what they are supposed to. This is the only doctor I know that actually follows up when my kids are sick for more than a day. She personally makes the call as opposed to having her staff to do it. My children love her and actually ask to see her even when they are not sick. In thirteen years I have NEVER had any complaints. I love this lady!

May 3rd, 2013

Excellent doctor

Dr. Novak really cares about her patients and goes the extra mile to make sure that her patients receive appropriate treatment. She is very conservative and cautious in her approach to treatments. She has referred us to excellent specialists. She also makes time to discuss various treatment options. Highly recommend.