Dr. Jean-Marie Meholchick MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

June 25th, 2013
STAY AWAY
Ignorant, unprofessional and uncompassionate!!! I saw this lady while I had strep throat at a walk in clinic in Dunmore, Medicus Urgent Care. I wanted to explain to her that I have Psoriasis and when you have the strep virus inside you, you will develop Guttate Psoriasis. She told me to shut up and listen to her and that she was the doctor. Well, she prescribed me nothing b/c the swab test came back negative. I told her I wanted a blood test and she told me no. I could not swallow and my glands were so swollen. She told me I had allergies, really? I never had them in my 31 years. Well, because she did not prescribe me an anti-biotic at the time, I developed Gutate Psoriasis on top of my plaque Psoriasis. My dermatologist told me I can only get Guttate with the strep virus inside me. DR. MEHOLCHICK WAS WRONG!!!! BECAUSE OF HER I AM EXPERIENCE BURNING RED BUMPS ALL OVER MY BODY FOR THE LAST 3 MONTHS and my derm told me it can take months, even years to control it. I cannot sleep at night, its 90 outside and I’m wearing pants and long sleeve shirts B/C people will think I have bed bugs or something. If this doctor only gave me the anti-biotic to stop the strep virus, I would be enjoying my life and would not have this reaction from the strep virus. If only she would have given me a blood test. If only she would have listen to me when I was trying to explain to her that I cannot have this virus inside me and that my 2 children and husband was diagnosed with strep the prior week. But no, she did not want to hear it. Thanks Doctor, I will do my very best to keep people away from you!

June 10th, 2011
Very bad bedside manner
This doctor was in the ER at Moses Taylor Hospital when I took my 6 year old son in for dehydration, and possible drug allergy and virus. We saw her twice. She was unpleasant and condescending. When I asked her questions about my son's bloodtest results, she said that she raised I think five kids and that I asked too many questions, so I could ask only one more. AWEFUL! She gets $423!

January 24th, 2015