Child Psychiatrists, Psychiatrist

Behavioral Psychiatric
275 Millway
Barnstable, MA 02630
508-362-1363
Locations and availability (1)

1.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  not recommend  |  show details
Apr 3rd, 2014

Not recommend for the following reasons: dogs, unprofessional, inaccurate medication recommend, pompous, have to wait days for medication refills......recommend retirement!

Nov 17th, 2013

Dr. Boyde is the rudest most condescending doctor I have ever met in my life. Her office is small and stinks like dog. They are constantly on you and the appointment and she is constantly telling them to sit down will be quiet. And they have fleas. Her billing practice is a complete nightmare. I was billed $40 for missing a therapy appointment on a holiday and told I would not be seen Until I paid the money. My therapist had been out the week prior so I had no idea they were going to be open on a holiday. I said I would bring it to my next appointment and she still refused my appointment. A week later I received a bill for $175. There were times I received last-minute phone calls at the cheated to cancel my appointment . Is my not my time not as valuable as hers ? The only reason I saw her was because it was difficult to find a new doctor. She is an awful doctor and a worthless human being who treats people like total crap. Do not see Dr. Boyde. even my therapist complained about her! All she will do is cause more turmoil in a persons life. I would give her negative stars if able!

|  Do not see this Doctor!!!  |  show details
Sep 15th, 2011

I have been seeing Dr. Boyd for 4 years out of necessity as there are no other doctors in the area. She is rude, and recently was truly mean to my husband and I in front of our child. She misses appointments and does not apologize. Her billing department cannot figure out how to enter in copays and we get billed multiple times for appointments we already paid for. She leaves out personal files with names, talks to clients during appointments and takes phone calls in the middle of talking to you. She has personally told me that her two children have bi-polar disorder and that her ex-husband is sick as well. She is a rotten person, and has terrible customer service.

|  BEWARE  |  show details
Aug 10th, 2011

The worst Doctor I have ever meet with in my entire life. Can not say anything good about Dr. Boyd's approach and professionalism.

|  Stay away  |  show details
May 20th, 2011

I was told from the initial meeting that I would meet with a LSW, go over my background discuss areas of concern especially depression, possible medications that would alleviate some of my symptoms. Appointments with George Delaney went well. I then asked "where do we go from here?". He set up an appointment with Dr. Jean Boyd. It was my understanding that he was to meet with Dr. Boyd to confer on treatment. When I met with her she had no idea who I was, what my previous experience with George had to offer in terms of insight. She made eye contact with me perhaps 3 times during my consult, asked redundant questions about my background, cavalierly asked if I ever been molested and proceeded to ask me what I thought treatment should be. I responded "isn't that your job?" She quickly responded that she could not prescribe medications while I was drinking alcohol, that I should check into Gosnold. At that point I was furious and told her that I was done, that this was a waste of time. Felt like telling her " why don't you check yourself into weight watchers. Completely un-professional, right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. I repeat: STAY AWAY.

May 17th, 2011

Terrible, Just terrible. Somebody, somewhere, audit this psycho. Pull her license if she refuses her own therapy.

Aug 26th, 2010

Poor clinical follow up, rude, and unprofessional.

|  She should not be practicing.  |  show details
by Jane on Aug 4th, 2010

My experience with Dr. Jean K. Boyd has been so awful I am looking into filing a complaint with the board of medicine and have switched practices completely. She does not take time to accurately diagnose you, she just hands out medication after medication. She is rude and disrespectful. I've waited more than 60 minutes in the office for my appointments with her and never ONCE did she apologize, and had the audacity to sit on her phone with verizon wireless to figure out her "bill situation" during MY appointment that I waited more than 60 minutes for. I had to bring my child with me to my appointment, who is very well behaved and read his book and stayed quiet, he asked me a question and she asked me how long he had ADHD. WHAT!? Then he cleared his throat and she said "what's this tick like Obessive Compulsive thing he has? Has he been diagnosed?". Her office also rescheduled my appointment without notifying me and now charged me $100 for missing it. How does that work? She also REFUSES to fill prescriptions over the phone, she makes you come in to see her for an appointment (that you will have to wait no less than 30 minutes for) in which she will ramble on about herself or sit on her computer or yell her dogs (that climb on you or growl at you, and they smell something awful) because this woman is losing patients right and left and wants the money she gets paid for an appointment when she clearly is not doing her job.

|  Read all reviews, then stay away from this doctor.  |  show details
by IWMom on Jul 16th, 2010

Distressing to read that patients are having as bad a time with this "doctor" as I and my daughter did almost 10 yrs. ago! We even complained in writing to the medical board. Why in the world is this person still practicing, with all these negative reviews?? We experienced every complaint voiced by the other reviewers, in addition to additional, weird behaviors/attitude. RUN, don't walk, to another psychiatrist.

Jun 21st, 2010

DO NOT see this doctor. I had no choice but to see her because of my health insurance. I have never once had a good experience in that office, so bad to the point that i had to switch to a whole new office. I always had to make sure I had 2 hours cleared in my day to sit and wait for her. Once I finally did get in to my appt, she would spend another 15-20 minutes either out in the office, on the phone, or on her palm & computer. A lot of times she would bring her dogs in the office and spends more time talking and playing with them than she did paying attention to me. She made me feel extremely uncomfortable at every single visit by staring at you awkwardly and being very judgmental. The office is no good either, they are very unorganized with appointments and co-pays. Dozens of times I have had to argue with them for charging me for not paying a co-pay when I had, or messing up my appointments. They would reschedule my appointment without alerting me and then charging me a $100 co-pay. I will NEVER AGAIN step foot in that office.

|  scariest experience ever!  |  show details
Feb 13th, 2010

Dr. Boyd was rude judgemental and seemed out of it herself! Fear for lack of direction and her choice of medication for adolescent daughter!She also seemed to have power trip, claiming that she hasn't decided to take daughter as patient yet! Meanwhile daughter is comfortable with counselor, but if no choice but Dr. Boyd, we'll look elsewhere

|  Most unprofessional so called doctor EVER!!!  |  show details
by Raynham Ray on Jan 19th, 2010

Rude, inappropriate, and a complete whack-job. Keeps nasty dogs in her office. Possibly the poorest run office i've ever seen.

|  Find a Better Doctor  |  show details
Dec 3rd, 2009

Dr. Boyd is extremely unprofessional. She has overmedicated me and I was able to get an appointment when someone else cancelled. I waited over an hour and then the receptionist said she could not see me because I had a balance (my copay was 15 but had changed to 30 without my knowledge). I was hysterical because of the medication and she turned me away. Her ethics are horrendous. She keeps dogs in her office and talks about leaving her sexual play toys out accidentaly when she has a male house cleaner. She is always looking either at her pda, computer or other ppls charts when i'm in the office with her. She is horrible. I wouldn't recommend her to ANYONE EVER. I'm filing a formal complaint with the board of medicine against her.

Oct 6th, 2009

I've never come away from a therapy session feeling worse until I came here. Dr. Boyd outsources her scheduling so that you can be rescheduled for an appointment without anyone notifying you. I've also had a very hard time getting her to call in Prior Authorizations on meds, and she spends about 10 minutes with me each session, often times texting during our appointment.

by John on Aug 24th, 2009

Do not go to this doctor, she is "crazy" and will give you drugs that you do not need.

Apr 22nd, 2009

Please dont go to this doctor she is really bad gives you meds you should not take.