Dr. Jean Burton Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Jean Burton?

December 28th, 2016

Second Mother

Jean is a wonderful person. I was so blessed to have her for my doctor. She was like my family for 21 years. I was sorry to see her move out of Ohio as my daughter just turned 16 and it would have been wonderful if she could have been her doctor. I wish her the best. I will never forget our bond over the years and the delivery of my three children.

December 7th, 2016

I went to Dr. Burton here in Ohio for about five years. I thought her bedside manner was terribly rude, dismissive, and insensitive. Refused to explain things to me, treated me like I was stupid, and was very condescending. In fact, during a procedure she actually commented on my sandals being "out of style". I'm still baffled by that one. The wait time to get in to see her for routine check ups was ridiculous as well. Over an hour wait when I would have a scheduled appointment. I was upset about results to one of my check ups and she flew through information, not answering questions, and ended the consultation. I would not recommend her to anyone!

August 23rd, 2016

Would Not Recommend

First visit: 90 minutes late, no explanation. I reported abnormal bleeding. An ultrasound was recommended. Two cancellations, then finally the ultrasound took place two months later. As others have reported, I found her to be curt, dismissive, and insensitive.

September 26th, 2015

Not For Me

I am dealing with multiple health issues and have been for a few years now. This has created emotional challenges including some anger issues which I am working on. Therefore I so not want to be overly harsh or too sensitive. I also feel I should mention that I only saw this doc once. That said, I did not come away from that visit feeling comfortable with continuing to see her as my GYN. While she was thorough in ordering the appropriate tests in regard to my healthcare needs, I did not come away from the visit feeling seen and heard as a person. I felt like she had a " to do" list she was checking off. My questions were not answered thoroughly, the visit lacked compassion or warmth, and I felt as though she could have just as easily been changing the oil in a car. The exam felt rough and insensitive and was actually rather painful. The doc seemed preoccupied and dismissive. I would imagine she'd make an excellent drill sergeant, but that was not the kind of experience I would willingly repeat unless there was no other choice. I sound harsh, I know, and I am not intentionally being judgmental, but it was an unpleasant experience that lacked any sort of rapport with/for the client (meaning me). I don't write reviews as often as I probably should, but I felt strongly that if there's someone else considering a first time visit with this doc, a situation I was once in, and they are reading reviews to determine the best fit for them in regard to a GYN doc, they might benefit from hearing about my experience. I suppose not everyone is looking for warm and fuzzy, and some may not care about whether they feel recognized as an individual, where there personal feelings and experiences are considered. Perhaps I am overly sensitive. Perhaps my long history of endometriosis and pelvic pain also played a role. Perhaps the do c was running behind or having a bad day. We are all human after all, and as I said, I only had the one visit. Unfortunately for me, at least, that was not the experience I wanted and I will be looking elsewhere for my future healthcare needs.

February 11th, 2015

would never go back

rough, insensitive, dismissive when I asked questions

January 25th, 2012

Saved the DAY for me!

As a new patient in 1994, she very throughly guided me in very WISE choices and decisions through my hysterectomy. Dr. Jean Burton was an amazing find and a God send to me, I'm very thankful to have found her when I needed her.

May 20th, 2011

Heard horror stories about this woman through a friend of mine. I'm not sure where she left her bed side manner but she needs to find it. I cancelled my appointment and wil warn others about her too! Very rude, condescending, and incompassionate. Your a doctor lady...not god.

December 5th, 2008

Fantastic Doctor!!

Diagnosted a condition that other physcians missed.

August 9th, 2017