Dr. Jean Calhoun MD Patient Reviews

• Dermatology Glen Allen, VA

3.2

May 31st, 2016
Not impressed
Wasn't impressed with her. I have scleroderma, and had some patches on my skin. Also had a place that looked suspicious. She used liquid nitrogen on everything.

March 3rd, 2016
It was a very good experience. Friendly and caring staff. Appt. Was at 3 and i was out by 330.

February 18th, 2016
Poor diagnosis

January 15th, 2016
Professional and a great listener
I went to Dominion Dermatology Group and Dr. Calhoun needing to get a bump reviewed and removed on my leg. Dr. Calhoun spent time with me, listened to my concerns, explained what needed to be done and biopsied the growth. I was informed quickly of the results. Luckily for me it was not cancer and my leg looks good. I also appreciated the nice office staff and calm environment.

September 3rd, 2015
Thorough Knowledgeable Professional
First let me say that I am surprised to read the reviews on Vitals given my experience. Thank goodness I did not read them first as I would not have gone. Dr. Calhoun spent the time I needed and knew what to do. She is exacting and took her time. I had a rash that she was able to treat and upon a thorough exam she found a problem that she was able to biopsy with another appointment. I am very happy with her professionalism and will return annually.

January 13th, 2015
Dr. Calhoun was very unprofessional and didn't do hardly anything! She did not give me a thorough exam and I felt like I completely wasted my money. I would never go back.

January 26th, 2014
Would not choose this doctor again. Said she didn't have enough knowledge & referred me to another dermatologist.

September 24th, 2013
rating 1 because 0 unavailable. I never thought to go to a dermtologist who would look at my skin and tell me she had no clue what was wrong nor how to treat it. advice, keep hand lotion on it to keep it moist until i could get to an allergest. once at allergest, a sampling was taken of the rash, an infesction identified and treatment started. treatment was to keep rash dry. she did not even think to take a sample to determine cause of rash.

July 7th, 2013
Dr. Calhoun listened carefully, took the time to be thorough and caught mistakes I was given from another dermatology office in VA. I am impressed and would be happy to have her going forward. Her office was easy to reach, gave prompt callbacks when I had questions and was very tactful.

June 25th, 2013
My Visit to Dominion Dermatology was a wonderful experience, I waited less than 10 minutes to be seen. I was greeted by very nice nursing staff who took time to hear about my issues. Dr Calhoun was very nice and took the time to explain my condition and made sure she answered all of my questions before leaving the room. I would highly recommend her to anyone, Not too many times do you come across a doctor who listens and doesn't rush you.

May 3rd, 2012
Professional, Experienced and Personable
Dr. Calhoun is thorough and took her time to review my background. I was very happy and will go back again if needed.