Dr. Jean Talbert MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

August 16th, 2013
Highly recommended
I'm grateful for the excellent care I've received from Dr. Talbert for almost 20 years, including a difficult time with cancer.

April 12th, 2012
saved my life
Dr. Talbert literally saved my life. She is thorough, capable, skilled and no question, my hero! I feel blessed to have her as my doctor.

March 3rd, 2011
Best on the Cape
I've been going to Dr. Talbert for over 20 years. She was the first female gynecologist on Cape Cod, and I was so glad I found her! She did my amnio, and helped me through a difficult pregnancy with my daughter. Her office is also seeing my daughter. Everyone is attentive, understanding, and I appreciate them for the hard work they do. I've been to Doctors' offices that have treated me like dirt, this place is awesome!

January 10th, 2011
Excellent care
I've been seeing Dr. Talbert for 12 years and have never received anything less than excellent, professional care.

October 14th, 2010
NOT RECOMMENDED
If you are looking for a Gynecologist, DO NOT go to Dr.T. She prefers to treat pregnant patients and treats everyone else like they are a waste of her time.(Not enough money to be made from non-pregnancy patients!) She is not a compassionate doctor AT ALL! You are forgotten the minute you leave..so don't expect any follow-up contact. If you call the office...you will wait days to receive a call-back. Pap Smears are often lost and you have to return to have them done again...as if once isn't bad enough! (Probably mix them up as well? Never feel comfortable about the results being accurate.) Schedules appointments 6 months out...terrible in every way! Find a better doctor.SHE HAS NEVER BEEN PREGNANT...so she can't even begin to understand what being pregnant is like. NO COMPASSION!

August 2nd, 2009
used at hospital
I was given Dr Talbert as an OB via the hospital due to an emergency delivery. I was planning to have my baby with my ob I used for my other children, I since have moved from that town and due to the quickness of my new baby's arrival. their was not time and had to go to the local hospital. The Dr was somewhat friendly. However at first treated me not so well not knowing my medical history. Once in the hospital, birth time was under 10 mins. So it was actually during the afterbirth process, questions were asked. She actually said something to the effect of well if your not going to take care of yourself an have prenatal care. After I had already said numerous times, I was to be induced on Friday, it was a weds. I had to say my OB's name a few times for someone on staff to finally take my info down to retrieve my records. I felt that her or anyone on staff probably shouldve been on top of that, and not me pushing to get that done. maybe it was more the hospital. But anyways. I needed stiches, I tore, I've had a episotimy during my 1st birth. the dr acted friendly upon discharge an said I could follow up with her for pp problems instead of traveling 50 miles. this was my 3rd child. this postpartum has been the hardest recovry. after the VNurse visited my home, they suggestec I follow up sooner then the 6 wk check up due to my issues. When I caled her office an asked to talk to a nurse on staff. they called mr back 5 hours later an said we are not your doctor and cant help you..hello, she had delivered my baby, i had been discharged by her, by the way when I called, I called my trusted ob first,who was on vaca, thats why I had no choice but to follow up with talbert unless Id see the on call doctor. but this wasnt an emergency. just needed some reassurance. why travel with 3 children to see a doctor ive never seen when I could follow up down the street with the physician who treated me through delivery? her office refused to even answer my questions. I called twice and stated my story and issues. I never heard back from the doctor. she should have stated at dishcharge this was going to be her position. I did end up seeing another doctor and needed antibotics. had I not kept seeking care, I couldve got really been sick. totally unprofesional during care and after.

August 6th, 2016