Dr. Jean Toppin Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Jean Toppin?

June 26th, 2015

I came from Maryland and, because of my fibromyalgia and other conditions, my doctor in MD had me on Flexiril and Tylenol 3 to control the pain. When I went to her last year because that's where my insurance said I had to go, she immediately took me off of the medicines that I had been taking for 12 years. She sent me to an orthopedic doctor who in turn, sent me to another Doctor for an epidermal shot to my left hip. When I told him that it was hurting the way he was injecting it, he called me a big baby. I then went back to the orthopedic doctor who sent me this time to a physical therapist. The pain just got worst so when I went back to the ortho doctor he said he wanted to do surgery on my L3 and L4 but one at a time. I've had enough surgery in my life and asked if he could give me a steroid injection in my hip the way the doctor in MD did and it would last for 6 months to a year. When I got Humana they gave her to me as my primary care doctor. When I went she did give me Lyrica and a sleeping pill but it's not helping the pain at all.

March 9th, 2015

I KNEW I was not only one disrespected by the staff. I am the writer of the review before yours. I was finally contacted by office mgr (becuz Dr Toppin made her call me) & she basically told me the nurse was wonderful & I was the one w/ the problem. I wanted my complaints on record for the next person who had problems w/ this nurse. OM told me there would BE no complaints as the nurse is excellent. Way to disregard your patient, OM! I have no idea how this woman became OM. No "people skills". U can understand why the staff is rude when the is the leadership is as it is. That is "Office Mtg" 101. That office needs a complete overhaul & replaced w/ caring staff. I don't think Dr. Toppin has control over that. If there are enough complaints perhaps something will be done. I would go back to Dr Toppin as she is one of the best GPs I know. But the office staff...I refuse subject myself to shoddy treatment. I have changed to a diff doc within same practice. He told me many patients were transferring from Dr Toppin due to distance. I think it's something else. Most people don't complain, just move on. More people need to speak up when treated badly.

January 15th, 2015

I recommended Dr. Toppin to my daughter also and we have been going to her since she's been here. Excellent Doctor!!

October 14th, 2014

Unprofessional Staff

If you don't mind dealing with an extremely unprofessional staff from office manager, front desk & a nurse who's name I don't recall - she is a good doctor. There are too many GPs in this area. I will take my business elsewhere.

August 19th, 2014

Nursing Issue

Dr Toppin is a wonderful, caring doctor. I have been a patient for many yrs. Her long-time nurse J was also a compassionate, compentant person. I never have had any problems w/ J or any nurse for that matter. I see a lot of them as I have cancer & see doctors frequently. BUT since the "new" nurse, D came to fill J's spot it has become so uncomfortable speaking w/ her I have decided to change doctors so not to deal w/ her further. I have spoken w/ her maybe 4 or 5 times. She was "short" w/ me from the start but I chalked that up to trying to stay on top of new patient load, being new etc. Now not only is she short, she is condensing & downright rude. I'm sure I'm not the only one - most people will not speak up. I have so much stress in my life - going to see or speak w/ this woman is more than I am willing to allow myself. I feel upset just knowing I need to call her. I must dismiss from my life as much stress as I am able. Therefore I am leaving Dr Toppin's care & transferring to another doctor. I have tried a couple different ways of dealing w/ this before making this drastic (to me) decision. I spoke to her directly about it, she apologized but went back to the same manner of speaking to me. I also registerd a complaint of which I have had no reply. I have to take care of myself first. I don't think Dr Toppin has a lot of say in who her nurses are or other patients have been too intimated to come forth. If you can deal w/ it please do see Dr Toppin for your healthcare needs. I'm going to miss her.

June 3rd, 2014

Will travel to see her!

Dr. Toppin is a wonderful doctor! I live just a few miles from Randolph Rd. where there are many physician offices and pass quite a few more driving to Waxhaw just to see her. I've thought about going elsewhere just for the sake of convenience but realize it's worth the drive. I'm not sure that I'd find a more down-to-earth and friendly doctor. She explains things thoroughly and talks to you like a friend. She is top notch in patient care!

March 10th, 2014

What a fine doctor

Sometimes a guy is a little concerned about having a female Doctor, but when I met Dr. Toppin several years ago I knew right away that I had made the right decision. Dr. Toppin is very kind and professional, yet she makes you feel comfortable and you just know you are with a wise and caring physician. My wife and I both love her dearly and we are so glad she is part of CMC.

February 11th, 2013

Great Doctor, Lackluster Staff

Dr. Toppin is fantastic! Unfortunately her receptionists aren't. Rather than thanking me for pointing out that the directions to her office have been wrong for a year (don't go to google, googlemaps or garmin for directions, they'll send you to her old office 30 min away), I was denied care and sarcastically told to "have a nice day" as I left.

February 8th, 2013

Look forward to seeing her

September 16th, 2011

My favorite doctor in my adult life...

January 11th, 2011

very caring and understanding

I find This Dr the best as far as treating you like a person that cares.She takes the time to listen to you and diagnose accurately.

October 20th, 2009

Warm, caring and competent

Dr. Toppin is a warm and caring physician. She has a professional demeanor and inspires confidence in her decisions. Her knowledge is current. I like her collaborative attitude with me as a patient. She doesn't treat me as an witless inanimate case study, but rather as a warm blooded real person with a brain.