Dr. Jeanette Viney MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3
  • 1 comment

Showing 1 - 1 review

April 5th, 2014
Put My Health at Risk for What?
In midst of a cross country move, I got extremely ill. I was transported to Viney via ambulance from another hospital that misdiagnosed me with appendix issues. I did not understand Viney's hostility towards me in the second I met her in the ER. She was so unfoundedly accusatory, and mean. She said she did not believe I had appendix issues, but admitted me. I soon learned she was going to refuse to give me pain medication or good nausea medication for my two days in her care. I thought it was because I, who has been sicker than ever for 2 days straight, got upset back at her for the way she was speaking to me. She really disliked that, and I assumed she was taking it out on me by not giving me proper pain relief. I was really too sick to think about the situation for myself, and was in an unfamiliar state by myself and my 13 year old son. On the second day she asked "Do you ask for pain medication often?". I don't even think I realized it at that point yet that she must have thought me to be a drug seeker since before even laying eyes on me... I was on day 4-5 with no sleep, horrendous pain and lots nausea. I was finally rescued by my husband, discharged as having "stomach ulcers" (despite no tests) and then had my severely inflamed gallbladder removed in Wisconsin a few days later. I was so ill at that point that I stayed a week in the hospital after my gallbladder surgery. If you read this, be sure you have someone with you that you can trust to advocate for you when you're unable to do so yourself when ill. I went through heck because she deemed me a drug seeker or just flat out disliked me, and now I'm scared to even ask a doctor for cold medication after all I went through. Very unprofessional. She was extremely rude and put my health at risk for what? Because of an incorrect assumption of me being a drug seeker, or because she has too thin of skin and she took it out on me medically wise? Whatever the reason, I suffered under her "care" and that is wrong.