Dermatologists

51 Park St
Montclair, NJ 07042
(855) 847-7177
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Best Dermatologist in the nation  |  show details
by Nyeema J. on Apr 2nd, 2014

I highly recommend Image Dermatology. The receptionists are friendly and do their best to accommodate your schedule when patients make appointments. The medical assistants are also very professional and give you coupons to defer costs of recommended prescription treatments. Dr. Downie is extremely knowledgeable, down to earth, and stays on the cutting edge of emerging treatments and procedures. I am a loyal patient because of the level of care that Image Dermatology consistently delivers. Thanks Image Dermatology for helping me to look and feel great!

|  ON TOP OF THEIR GAME!!!!  |  show details
Dec 11th, 2013

I have been to a total of 3 physicians for a rash on the nape of my neck in the past 2 yrs. Being African American I know our skin sometimes have special needs and why not an African american dermatologist ? To my surprise her PA is not African american . Well the PA took one look at the rash and did a biopsy.I have been a nurse for several yrs and the fact that 3 MDs have seen it it was the last thing I expected ...The biopsy revealed sarcoid a much more serious medical condition than I wanted ! The expertise level was FAR GREATER than what I thought and my other MDs would concur. Long and short of this story THEY ARE GREAT!

|  My consultation with Dr. Downie was comforting  |  show details
by African American Female on May 30th, 2013

I read several reviews about Dr. Downie prior to setting up my consultation. As always, everyone experiences people differently so I went in with an open mind. The front desk staff was very nice and attentive. I had an 8:30 am appointment and only waited a good 15-20 minutes before being called upstairs. My briefing with Dr. Downie's assistant was very comforting as well. She was very patient, she took great notes about what I was looking to improve or correct. No less than 15 minutes later did Dr. Downie walk in. She gave me eye contact, shook my hand and that "in my opinion" is a great first encounter. I have been to a great deal of doctors and their bedside manner was terrible. She took her time, looked at the areas I indicated I wanted to correct (hyperpigmentation) took out her magnifying glass and it was on. She gave me her opinion, suggestions, asked multiple questions on how I cared for my skin prior to coming to her and the whole nine. THEN she asked me what I wanted to do. She did not persuade me to do what would cost more. I loved that about her. She gave me samples of the prescriptions she wrote for my acne as well. She suggested some of the products sold in her practice and also uses. She even let me feel her skin just to show me the results of continuous use of the products. Come on, who does that!!! Just by her doing that won me over. I would take whatever advice she had for me. The samples she prescribed for my acne is doing the job because today is day 3 and the acne bumps on my face have deflated 98% on my right check and 85% on my left cheek. No matter what I did prior to my appointment, those acne bumps stayed on my face. After using the products the way she said, I can feel the difference in my skin texture. Hopefully in another week or two I may see the difference in my skin tone. I go back in 30 days to have the Fraxel treatment. I will post a review on that procedure as well.

Apr 3rd, 2013

I enjoyed my first time experience with Dr.Downie. She was very informative and gave great advice.. Her and her asst Roxanne made me feel as if I've been a patient of theirs for years....

|  Worst Doctor's Appointment Ever  |  show details
by LisaB on Mar 4th, 2013

I would never ever go back to see Dr. Downie! It was my first visit and she never consulted with me, she sent her lame physician assistant to conduct the appointment. I guess the Botox appointments had priority. She definitely makes sure the staff pushes her skin care line! Dr. Downie believes the overrated hype about her and doesn't take the time to see her regular patients. I guess if I were spending hundreds of dollars on botox, fillers, etc. she would run to assist me. Also, she kept me waiting for close to an hour and couldn't take the time to see me. Several people had recommended me. I followed up with same people and told them how crappy her service is. There are plenty of other dermatologists out there, don't waste your time with this terrible doctor.

|  She's wonderful  |  show details
by Kp on Feb 19th, 2013

I have been visiting dr. Downey for years now and she has always taken her time with me. She is a caring doctor who offers only what you need.

Nov 21st, 2012

Dr. Downie has a very inviting personality and is willing to answer any questions you have.

|  Overall experience  |  show details
Oct 18th, 2012

I love the staff in this office and dr downie is like family!

Oct 13th, 2012

was looking for a dr that dealt with african-american skin as not all drs fully understand the challanges. i found her to be attentive, educated and concerned. she has helped me to fully understand my condition and answers any questions that i have. a great doctor.

|  Ms.  |  show details
Sep 28th, 2012

This doctor is excellent!! She diagnosed a problem for one of my children that is unknown in the medical community...she is allergic to water as well as her own bodily fluids!! She diagnosed her almost 11 years ago and if it wasn't for her my daughter would be dead!! God Bless you Dr. Downie for being not only an excellent physician but also a sweet person!! She is kind and considerate and our family loves her!!

Sep 26th, 2012

I have always received positive results. Dr. Downie and staff very professional I will always refer patients!

Sep 20th, 2012

Always gives personal attention to her patients, caring, and concern obvious. Would recommend her highly to others.

Sep 19th, 2012

Since coming to Image Dermatology I have been nothing but impressed with the staff and Leah Bienstock. I have already referred my sister and niece to witness the changes in their skin that I have experienced in the short time. Bravo to a job well done!

|  Love Dr. Downey  |  show details
Sep 6th, 2012

Dr. Downey is not only an A on every level, from a diagnostician to a caring person, but she is fun to see! My children both enjoy seeing her, even if they face a painful treatment, she handles them with grace and charm and humor, age appropriate - all simultaneously. She also is my trusted doctor and a local community philthropist, much admired by all who know her personally and professionally. Esther Harper.

Sep 6th, 2012

I am very pleased with the services rendered to me this week. Dr. Jeniffer, has been very helpful in relation to my concerns.

Aug 15th, 2012

Dr. Downie is a one of akind doctor I respect her knowledge, skill and professionalism. Her office is well run and staff is well trained.

|  beware  |  show details
Aug 14th, 2012

Dr downey will try to sell anything to you she is self absord and only care about herself with pictures of her even in the bathroom who want to see pictures of the doctor while using the bathroom.She recommended fraxel laser which is not for my skin type she has no experience with lasers.BEWARE

Aug 14th, 2012

Dr. Downie is a highly skilled dermatologist with a firm grasp on technologies and treatments to address a variety of skin issues facing her patients. Dr. Downie's in depth knowledge of caring for your skin "from the inside out" is evident as she takes the time to explain treatments and educates her patients on preventative skin care measures as well as advise on how to maintain healthy skin in a style that is clear and easy to understand.

|  Great Results!  |  show details
Aug 9th, 2012

I came to Dr. Downie because my friend couldn't stop talking about her. She is amazing! She is the best at what she does! Her staff is friendly and helpful!

|  Rip Off  |  show details
Jul 18th, 2012

She is a fast talking hustler and her staff seem jaded from years of service or just plain disinterested in the patients needs. I've been a PA for years and know that even on a bad day you have to remember one thing: those patients chose you for one reason or other and expect help, caring and answers in return for their hard earned money- act the part. She pretends you'll need additional appointments for one reason or another when another Derm will do the same procedure for less and without those "necessary" additional appointments. Laser hair removal "average cost" isnt in her vocabulary. Not to mention she'll talk your ear off so you're dizzy by the time you leave and have already forked over 2000 bucks. Shame shame

|  Ms. Kennerly  |  show details
May 23rd, 2012

Dr. Downie is the best dermatlogist ever, pricey, but worth every dollar. I can't imagine receiving care elsewhere!

|  !!AWFUL!!  |  show details
Apr 17th, 2012

OMIGDNESS MY ENTIRE EXPERIENCE..AWFUL!! EVERYTHING FROM THE PARKING LOT TO THE WAITING ROOM TO..HER "TREATING" ME! JEANINE (TO ME) SEEMED COLD & UNCARING-MAYBE I NEED TO BE A CELEB TO GET GOOD, SOLID CARE FROM HER-SMH! NO STARS! DO NOT GO!!!!!!

|  Amy  |  show details
May 25th, 2011

I have been to many dermatologists for psoriasis. I have been prescribed numerous medications that haven't helped. I went to Dr. Downies office as a last resort and saw a Physician Assistant. She listened attentively to ever detail and spent a lot of time with me. She really cared about my skin issues. She prescribed me medication that worked within days. When I had a question the following day she answered my phone call quickly. Very nice office environment and friendly staff. Will definitely go back.

|  An Amazing Role Model!  |  show details
Apr 14th, 2011

Dr. Downie is an amazing doctor. I am only 12 years old, and I hated my facial appearance. I had been using several different acne medicines, but none of them seemed to work. So, my dad took me to see her, and she was wonderful. She educated me on my skin, and made me feel as if she was seriously concerned with how my face looked. In one month, I've seen a huge difference in my appearance. Dr. Downie has strongly inspired me. I have been saying for a couple of years that I wanted to be a doctor I went from a veterinarian, to a neonatologist, and to an optometrist. But, since I met Dr. Downie, I'm sure that I want to follow in her footsteps and become a dermatologists. Dr. Downie is not only an amazing woman, but an amazing doctor and role model. I would strongly recommend her for others.

|  AWESOME MD AND PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT  |  show details
Apr 8th, 2011

I had a wonderful experience at Dr. Downies office. Her staff was very professional. I first met her knowledgeable physician assistant who diagnosed me and prescribed me medication. I then met Dr. Downie who took her time to discuss my condition further. I highly recommend Image Dermatology.

|  Kimberly B.  |  show details
Apr 6th, 2011

I've been going to Dr. Downie for the past 5 years and I've seen numerous dermatologists over the past 15 years! All I have to say is that my skin hasn't been this clear since I was 17! I absolutely love her!

Oct 13th, 2010

NEVER even met with the dr. Met with her PA. Had to sit in the office for almost 2 hours to have a procedure that took 5 minutes done. Was MOVED out of my room because I was being numbed so that other pt can get in. When it was time for me to get my procedure done, they didn't come looking for me, even thought I was told where to go and that someone will get me at 1:00pm. Highway robbery for the removal os 7 skin tags (with my$30 copay cost me over $200.00). Was supposed to go back in Feb for a full body scan...Good luck with that one!

|  seriously, don't waste time here  |  show details
by J. on Sep 14th, 2010

I went to Dr Downie 10 years ago & the experience has stuck with me ever since. I had to wait for at least 30-40 min to see her ,which was unacceptable. I had a rash on my back (near my bra strap) so I went to her. I began to tell her about my condition & she was ready to perscribe something without asking to see it. I had to ask her.. "DONT YOU WANT TO SEE IT" ? She is a joke. I was really excited about visiting her since she was featured in so many magazines (such as Essence). There aren't many dermatologists who specialize in black skin care. I was highly disappointed. I also mentioned acne I was experiencing on my face. She will try to push specific products that do not work! I had better luck with ProActiv. I am currently looking for a derm in NYC. Hopefully, my experience will be better. Since my experience with Dr Downie, it is really hard to trust dermatologists -- especially those looking for fame and editoral :(

|  TERRIBLE!!  |  show details
by K.C. on Jul 21st, 2010

NOT IMPRESSED AT ALL!!! First, the parking lot is..awful, unbelievably SMALL! I have a medium size SUV & had trouble with parking. Secondly, the office is nice & my wait was not long. What I did notice about the office is that because Jeanine has been on t.v. & worked with celebrities is that she had pictures & fotos scattered among the office of her "celebs" & magazine clippings. Right off the bat, I was totally turned off! To me that was like, "look at me! I want to show off!" Then when she came in the room, the visit was over before I knew it! Basically, she came in, looked at my face, gave me some VERY offensive comments & threw me some $300 worth of products that didnt even work! Speaking of which, when I returned the products, all I got was attitude from the front desk girls! I never went back! Whats funny is that I'm in the medical field as well so I know all about patient relation & atleast where I work, patient relation is utmost #1! Finally, I'd like to say, just because one has been on t.v. & in magazines & treated celebrities, doesn't mean they're good MD's!

|  Good has gone Bad!!!  |  show details
by Former Downie Patient on Jul 1st, 2010

Downie was one of the best years ago, sadly this is no longer true. Downie will try to stretch out simple treatments, and sell over the counter washes she hawks opposed to writing a prescription for what is needed. She buys watered down peels, charges the price of quality peel, all so you will have to keep coming back. She will biopsy eczema as if looking for skin cancer- leaving marks in your face, then wants to chemically peel marks. Never go there if you care about your skin!!

Feb 17th, 2010

I am not quite sure what she is concerned about b/c it is certainly not her patients. In my initial consultation with her, I got to meet with her PA and not her. I did see her sitting in her office. I never scheduled a follow up with Dr. Downie.