Dr. Jeanine Thomas Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Jeanine Thomas?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

February 22nd, 2010

EXCELLENT Internist!

We were longtime patients of Jeanine Thomas. If we could EVER again find such an excellent thorough internist, we'd drive an hour just for appointments... And that's what we did. We drove an hour to and from our appointments with her because she was that good. She LISTENED and HEARD her patients and carefully CHALLENGED them to take care of themselves.Why did we discontinue care with her? She got married and moved away. The last we heard was that she was not going to be a doc anymore!We love you as a doc, Jeanine. Hope your life is going well!

February 19th, 2010

Committed to Dr. Thomas, and She Worsened My Condition

I committed to Dr. Thomas for 3 years as my GP and to figure out what a host of symptoms might mean: numbness, weakness, palpitations, panic, etc. I looked to her as the expert to help me make sense of this, and her bedside manner was cheerful and unique to my liking. It turns out, this was a ruse. On one visit to treat pneumonia I'd been dealing with for 3 weeks (yes, I didn't know I had it but that's how long I had to wait to get an appt with her), she said I seemed "blue" and casually gave me a script for Celexa ("take one a day for 10 days and then just double it--come see me in 6 months"). Turns out, I had severe anxiety disorder and the Celexa, particularly given in this way, makes the condition worse. I was debilitated for 13 days (couldn't work, drive, or take care of my child). She refused to see me, sending me to the stand-in doctor. Literally, I was dropped off by a friend at the area of the medical institutes in Seattle and proceeded to beg for help (including the King County Mental Health Services, who couldn't help me because I was too well insured). Following a consult with a neurologist, I couldn't walk out of his office (panic attack). He called her and told her this was serious. I could hear her yelling to him to just get rid of me--that I was exaggerating. It was humiliating and life-changing to be treated like this. A couple days later, I finally found a doctor who diagnosed me correctly within 1 hour and prescribed medication that entirely helped me with the anxiety within the first 30 minutes of taking his prescribed medication (incidentally, I have no diagnosis of depression). That was ~8 years ago and I have been completely healthy ever since.There have been numerous doctors I have not been "thrilled" with in my past, but I would never write a negative review of them because I chalk it up to just "wrong fit," "simple misdiagnosis," "me not following advice as suggested," etc., but in the case of Dr. Thomas she was horrible to me and indicated no knowledge of how to be a physician.Her best line: When discussing with her why I had gone to the hospital a couple of times thinking I was having a heart attack (classic symptom of anxiety disorder), she cheerfully offered, "Well we're all going to die of something, and it's highly likely you will die of a heart attack." That is an exact quote.

February 11th, 2017