Dr. Jeanne Johnson MD Patient Reviews

1.8

February 13th, 2017
Negligence and Poor Listening Skills
I've been seeing Dr.Johnson since I moved up here. My first experience is that she didn't want to sift through my records and tried to have me personally decide what was and was not important after I lugged a heavy box into her office when I moved here. The worst experience I've had is that I had lost my voice for almost a two months but couldn't get to her when it happened because I was overseas. When I returned, she diagnosed me with laryngitis without any testing or anything and gave me antibiotics. I finished the first antibiotic she gave me and it didn't help, so when I called to make an appointment, they just wrote me a new prescription instead and I didn't see her. Second antibiotic didn't work so I called and requested an appointment. Instead, her staff forwarded me to her nurse who wanted to just give me another antibiotic. I went to urgent care and got a referral to an ENT doc who looked into my throat and discovered my vocal cords were not closing which was letting air escape and preventing me from talking. Four weeks of therapy later and it was better, but I could have gone the first two weeks of school with my voice had she listened. Laryngitis doesn't last that long and in the appt I had even told her my mom hadn't gotten it even though she had been drinking after me at a restaurant. The office also never called my mom back when she tried to book a first time appt. She spends >10 min with you, doesn't review anything you told the nurse, and rushes through everything. It took me weeks to finally get her to write me a referral to a neurologist because she would always brush it off when I said anything.

May 25th, 2016
Dr Johnson has no business in the healthcare industry. She is rude and incompetent.

May 13th, 2016
Terrible MD. Doesn't seem to care about you or what you're saying. Doesn't spend much time in exam room, in and out in less than 5 mins. Can come off as very rude. Giving her 1 star is well over for what I would rate her. Don't waste your time and money seeing this doctor.

March 22nd, 2015
Doesn't Listen to Patient
Overall, Dr. Johnson did not listen to me and was too stubborn to admit that her diagnosis could be wrong or accept help from a specialist. I slipped and fell on ice a couple months ago. After my ER visit, I followed up with Dr. Johnson, who told me that I just had a lot of bruising and inflammation and told me to take over the counter ibuprofen. I was in severe pain and couldn't even focus at school. I called the office to ask for an alternative pain medication, since the ibuprofen hadn't worked for the 2 days I was taking it. I called on a Friday and the person I spoke to said they would call back. That call back didn't happen until Monday, so I was left to suffer over the weekend. Dr. Johnson believed that I would heal in 7-10 days after my injury, which I didn't. I understand that medical diagnoses are not always exact. However, she continued to claim that I just had a lot of bruising and refused to give me a referral to an orthopedic surgeon for a second opinion. She also told me that I could go back to work and do everything else that I usually do with no restrictions. I was still in pain and I knew something wasn't right. I went to an orthopedic surgeon anyways, who was shocked by Dr. Johnson's treatment of me. An MRI found tendonitis in my wrist and I'm not allowed back to work until I complete 6 weeks of physical therapy.

February 13th, 2014
sick and tired of Jeannie Johnson
This woman Jeanne Johnson need to get out of the business. She is rude, doesn't care about anyone. The only think that's good about her is that she prides herself on being on time. She could care less about her patients. Her knowledge doesn't extend past her nose. I'm filing a complain about this place. Jeanne Johnson needs to be investigated for her poor medical practice. She doesn't return phone calls. She ignores your symptoms, Walks out of the room when you're trying to discuss something with her. Those of you that fell the same way please let everyone know. Write a letter with your complaints and make sure the authorities get a copy.

August 7th, 2013
Very unprofessional doctor, never going to make appointment. again

July 31st, 2013
Very disappointed with this doctor, she doesn't care at all. You are just the next number for her. Find another doctor don't waste your time to even make the appointment.

January 25th, 2011
I went to this Dr. exhibiting classic gallbladder symptoms. I was sent away with an Ulcer medicine sample. I was taken away that night by ambulance and admitted to the hospital for 3 days with severe a sever liver infection, I was jaundice, and my gallbladder was a solid bag of stones. I had my gallbladder removed after a few days of antibiotics.

March 11th, 2009
Very disappointed with her, she doesn't seem to truely care for her patients and their well being. I suggest you find a doctor that's going to work with you instead of treating you like just another face.

November 24th, 2008
I was a little disappointed with the staff. I did not receive a call reminding me of an appt that I made a year in advance. Also, when I got there (for a physical), the nurse and doctor both had to ask me what the purpose of my visit was. The physical was short - not has detailed as my last doctor.