Dr. Jeanne Rohan MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

May 16th, 2016
such a nice down to earth doctor , spend time lokking at me face to face not sitting typing in to a computer ,took her time asked questions followed up old school such a nice person also 10 out of 10

December 22nd, 2014
Dr. Rohan has been my GYN for several years now. She understands my need to have things explained thoroughly and is always up for any questions I may have. She remembers things that are going on in my life and will ask me about it on my follow-ups which makes for a more personalized and comfortable relationship. We are planning on having a baby soon after my wedding this summer and I am looking forward to having her be the one to help us make this happen. I would very much recommend Dr. Rohan!

April 13th, 2013
Not very VBAC friendly
After speaking with her in the office and hernot being supportive of my desire for a vbac I wound up going into labor on my own 2 days later. I overheard her telling the nurse at the hospital it was Father's Day and she had a house full of people! She kept coming in asking if I was ready for my c section yet and I told her no. She refused me an epidural because I had not progressed enough - translate to she wanted to get home to her "house full of people". After 12 hrs I couldn't stand the pain anymore so I conceded to another unnecessary c section. No emergency, baby not in any stress. She is the type of OB that wants to be in and out and if you don't labor that way expect a c section!

July 21st, 2012
Not personal at all, but knows her stuff
I saw her when she was in Mineola and liked her. She is very thorough, and professional. She is not there to be your friend. Dr Rohan did my c-section in 2007 and did an excellent job on my insision. Considering using her again once we conceive.

February 24th, 2011
I agree with the other reviews. Dr Rohan is professional, but quick and not that friendly. Not unusual at North Shore LIJ.

October 26th, 2010
Good Doctor, not very personal
She is amazing at what she does however, she is not very personal. She gets right down to the point which is good, but I (personally) need to be able to relate to the people that treat me so I can feel comfortable. I don't like when all my doctor does is stare at me like some specimen under a microscope. I wanted a female gyno but i recent found a male gyno in the same office that works better for me. He is just as good plus makes me feel more comfortable than Dr. Rohan did. If you looking for a Dr. Rohan to get right to the right and address the issue(s), she is your woman. If your looking for someone to treat the person as well as the problem (if there is one) she is not for you (in my opinion). I hope this helped.

September 3rd, 2009
good doctor, bad social skills
I had my prenatal started by Dr Rohan and I have changed the provider during the middle of my pregnancy.Dr Rohan showed good knowledge by the books, and I didnt feel warm approach from her. For example, 5 minutes visits used to have the dialog limited to topics of the prenatal agenda, no warm and welcome ice break conversations. She was very professional, down to the business. Since I was there for a good healthcare and not a friend, I continue seeing her.I decided to change the provider when she requested me to schedule the following appointment at the front desk. The front desk told me that Dr Rohan wasnt available at the requested date due to her marriage. I got so offended that she had not given me the courtesy to let me know that she wouldnt be at the office for my next appointment, but somebody else would see me on that day.After that day, she had seen me at the clinic hallway and was never capable to say at least hello.I would summarize her as a good doctor, bad social skills.