Dr. Jeannemarie Hinkle MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3

March 25th, 2015
unanswered questions
Dr. Hinkle was very professional at the first visit. The second time I went in and saw her I waited, with my 2 children, for over an hour. She was unconcerned with what I had to say. I kept stressing to her about my weight gain due to hypothyroidism. I tried to tell her that my depression due to the weight gain was unbearable. She told me that she needed to add metformin to my medications and that I might be diabetic. Granted I first saw her cause my thyroid sent me to the emergency room with levels of 180. I know it is my thyroid. I also wanted her to check my T4 levels and when I finally got a call back from her office, they didn't test for that. I had to call for my results TWICE. I was told that they were in and she just hadn't looked at them yet. It had already been a week and still no call back. They finally called back and told me I was fine. Then they called back 3 days later and told me the same thing. The office and staff have no clue what they are doing.

February 20th, 2015
My Opinion: My endo is phenomenal!

January 4th, 2015
Worst attitude ever.
Dr. Hinkle is not courteous when it comes to your concerns and feelings. Trust me!!!

May 6th, 2013
Worst Dr. I've ever seen and would NEVER recommend her
I've never had a doctor less interested in helping me. When I first saw her I gave her some information that I had for her to look at. She would not even look at the information and told me to stay off the internet. My condition was very complicated and not one that is easily diagnosed. The information came from the leading doctor in Florida who deals with Para Thyroid Tumors. She kept denying that I had abnormal Para Thyroid levels since my level was only 3 digits over the "normal" limit. I'm sorry but even one digit is considered abnormal. They have a range for a reason. Before I left her practice I got her to finally admit that I had abnormal limits but she would do nothing further because she did not believe it was necessary. I also had another condition that other specialists could not figure out what it was so was being sent to specialist after specialist, she did a lot of blood work. Her nurse called to tell me that all was fine and to come back in 6 months if I was not better. I was flabbergasted that even though some tests were not within a normal range and still did not have a diagnosis that I was dismissed still suffering. Her lack of concern, smugness and out right rudeness is NOT acceptable for any doctor. With the information I had asked her to look at she should have looked at it THEN tell me what her thoughts were on it and why it may or may not apply to me. I don't understand how this woman is still in business. I said woman instead of doctor as I don't consider her a doctor. I would never in a billion years refer her to anyone. There is so much more that I could go into about her but I'm pretty sure that I'd run out of space. I would like to say that if she says you need to have a needle biopsy done on the lumps found on your thyroid that you DEFINITELY seek out someone else to do the biopsy. I have five lumps that needed to be checked and I'm pretty sure I was the first patient she ever attempted to do a needle biopsy on, the x-ray tech stood over her and was telling her what and what not to do. It was very painful. Once I realized the tech knew more than she did I should have insisted she stop and left. They never called me with the results, I had to call them and the results were "inconclusive." No surprise there since I'm not so sure she even made contact with any of the lumps.

April 12th, 2013
Frustrated
I saw Dr. Hinkle for the first time Jan. 2013 when I was diagnosed with a pituitary tumor!! She seemed very nice and concerned at first!! She ordered blood be done to check to see if tumor was producing anything. I had to call for my results because they obviously don't call their patients with results and her rude nurse tried to give them to me over the phone to which I understood none of. I asked her for an appointment with Dr. Hinkle so that she could go over my blood work with me. My husband came with me. At that appt., she told us that my cortisol level was on the low side which isn't good and based on that she said she might consider having my neurosurgeon remove the tumor. I still had more blood to do but couldn't do it for two months until medication that she took me off of was out of my system. She said she would make her decision once all blood work was done. Well, this week I called to get the results of that blood work and was told everything is fine. My response was, "How can everything be fine, she didn't recheck my blood work?" The nurse was extremely rude to me and kept going back and forth between me and the dr putting me on hold. After I hung up, I left a message for Dr. Hinkle to call me and I'm yet to get a call! Well it's time for me to find a new doctor because she obviously doesn't have time for me!!! Think before you waste your time like I did!!

February 27th, 2012
Terrible
Maybe I was just a different kind of patient to Dr. Hinkle, but it seemed like she was entirely too busy to take the time to truly help me. I suffer from PCOS and she diagnosed me, gave me medicine, and sent me on my way. She didn't explain what PCOS was to me, what to expect, or what the medication was for. When I asked questions about it, she gave me short answers that were extremely broad, and didn't help me at all. When I began to have a reaction to the medicine I contacted her office, and her nurse was extremely rude to me and told me to give it at least a month. I continued to call, and insisted on seeing the doctor b/c I was getting more sick every day. When I finally saw Dr. Hinkle, she told me I was fine even though I had gained 20 pounds in two weeks and my nails were falling out. She told me to cut my calories below 1200, because that was apparently too much. I'm not a doctor, but even I know that is NOT healthy. When I went to have my prescription refilled the pharmacist told me they could not refill the prescription b/c the interaction with my current other medicine caused organ failure among other things. I had given Dr. Hinkle a list of my medications that she obviously didn't look at very clearly. Overall, I was definitely NOT happy with the treatment I received, and I will never go there again. I would rather seek treatment at Woman's Hospital, where they actually took the time to review my medications and alter what I needed so that I could take the medications I need to get better. To date I have had no reactions since they made the necessary changes, remain on a 1200 calories diet, and have lost 35lbs.