Family Practitioner
2382 Maritime Dr
Ste 100
Elk Grove, CA 95758
916-691-6622
Locations and availability (2)

2.0

Some ratings provided by CitySearch.
 |  terrible doctor's office  |  show details
by Laura on Jan 23rd, 2014

This office/doctor is terrible. I asked if I could make two appointments in one day so as to not have to take two different times off from work. I was told "Dr. Frei never schedules one patient for two appointments." I was also told that Blue Shield would not allow two different types of appoinments in one day. That was not true. I contacted Blue Shield and was told one could be billed as cosmetic and one as preventative. I called Dr. Frei's office back and relayed that info and was still told "No." I asked if Dr. Frei could call me and explain why not. That was on January 8th. To date, I have had no return call. I have since cancelled both appointments and have found a new doctor. The office was not bad when Dr. Karnani was here, and she was my primary doctor. I was shifted to Dr. Frei. I have had a few other annoying experiences with this office since it was just Dr. Frei. I would never recommend this doctor's office to anyone.

|  Inattentive service from both doctors and staff  |  show details
Jun 15th, 2012

I felt the service at this office was inattentive, from both the front office staff and the doctor and PAs. I had difficulty communicating through the front office regarding a prescription: the order was sent to my pharmacy even though I told them not to because the drug was too expensive. Another time, when I requested to discuss the need for a lab test with the PA, I got only a callback from the office staff, telling me what to do, without explanation. At several appointments, I did not feel the medical staff listened to my specific complaint and followed their own agenda instead. On two occasions, I was told I was allowed to discuss only one issue per visit. At one visit, I asked about a particular problem and possibly a need to change my current meds, the PA gave me a list of meds to research on my own!

|  disgusting excuse for a doctors office  |  show details
Apr 25th, 2012

Talk about a joke of staff! I dont believe either of the 2 girls in that office have a shred of medical training between the 2 of them. High turnover is an understatement and so is below average care. You can never get an appointment nor can you speak with (when you actually get through) someone intelligent. I dont know what happend to the bigger gal that worked there but at least she had a brain and was kind. What a horrible office

|  horrible staff  |  show details
Apr 19th, 2012

horrible staff, Jasmine or Jasvine in particular is very rude. Will never recommend this office to anyone until they hire legit staff.

|  show details
Apr 15th, 2012

Office staff is horrendous.

|  Find someone else  |  show details
by Gwinmo at Citysearch on Mar 14th, 2012 on citysearch.com

I used to be a patient of Dr. Frei but I am now looking for a doctor that actually is available and responds to their patients needs. The staff at Dr. Frei is horrible. I had a simple question about getting blood work done and I was told that the doctor wasn`t in that day but they would get back to me. I have yet to receive a call back. A separate time I called just to cancel an appointment and I was put on hold for TWELVE MINUTES. I finally hung up and called back and when the staff member on the phone answered I let her know that I had been on hold for 12 minutes and asked if they still needed me to be on hold or if I could speak to someone finally. Her response \"Well I didn`t put you on hold.\" No apology No nothing Obviously she was sitting near the phone where the line was indicating that someone was on hold but she did NOTHING. HORRIBLE HORRIBLE SERVICE!!! Plus Dr. Frei has recently reduced her hours, she now works 4 hours a day but as I said earlier she wasn`t in one day. This means she is working less than 20 hours a week. I suggest you find a doctor that actually wants to work and acts like she cares about her patients. You may blame the staff for the horrible customer service but she is the person who is in charge of the staff so the staff and her are one in my mind.

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
 |  Horrible service!  |  show details
Mar 13th, 2012

I used to be a patient of Dr. Frei but I am now looking for a doctor that actually is available and responds to their patients needs. The staff at Dr. Frei is horrible. I had a simple question about getting blood work done and I was told that the doctor wasn't in that day but they would get back to me. I have yet to receive a call back. A separate time I called just to cancel an appointment and I was put on hold for TWELVE MINUTES. I finally hung up and called back and when the staff member on the phone answered I let her know that I had been on hold for 12 minutes and asked if they still needed me to be on hold or if I could speak to someone finally. Her response? "Well I didn't put you on hold." No apology? No nothing? Obviously she was sitting near the phone where the line was indicating that someone was on hold but she did NOTHING. HORRIBLE HORRIBLE SERVICE!!! Plus Dr. Frei has recently reduced her hours, she now works 4 hours a day but as I said earlier she wasn't in one day. This means she is working less than 20 hours a week. I suggest you find a doctor that actually wants to work and acts like she cares about her patients. You may blame the staff for the horrible customer service but she is the person who is in charge of the staff so the staff and her are one in my mind.

|  Nice Office  |  show details
by Lynne on Jul 9th, 2010

Great doctor...just issues with prescription and answering the phone

|  An excellent doctor, but needs stable staff...  |  show details
Mar 26th, 2010

I have been seeing Dr. Frei for a few years now, and I must share that she has always been very thorough and caring when it comes to my medical care. I think the biggest challenge has been the stability of her office staff. It seems as though there is always someone new working in the office when I come in for a visit (especially in the past year or so), and I'm not just talking about one or two people. This is rather disconcerting as we all know that the "front line" is extrememly vital when it comes to follow-ups and other needs that a patient might have. I hope that Dr. Frei will be able to solve this issue soon as it truly does appear to be a problem. I hope only the best for this good doctor!

|  A Family Practice With A Heart  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Aug 12th, 2009 on insiderpages.com

Dr. Frei saw me through the pregnancies and births of my two kids, then took on the role of pediatrician for them. I`m very happy with her ...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com