Dr. Jeannine Mcmahon Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Jeannine Mcmahon?

October 21st, 2016

I've had a much different experience than the comments of this page. Dr. McMahon delivered my second daughter and hopefully will be delivering my third daughter in a couple of weeks. McMahon is honest and at times brutally honest, but she knows her stuff and has been in the field a very long time. I appreciate that she doesn't beat around the bush and gets right to the point. She is very thorough and listens to your complaints. I've had some complications that she has kept track of and continued to ask and call about how things are going. I recommend McMahon to everyone, but if you are a highly sensitive or meek person, she may seem like a bit of a bear. I appreciate that style while in labor and prenatal care. She is not for everyone, but personally, she has helped me so much and brought my beautiful girls into the world with professionalism and kindness. She is not the type of doctor that will appease your fears and silly notions about your pregnancy. She will give you facts and evidence. I appreciate that.

May 28th, 2015

The absolute worst OB I have ever encountered. Terrible bedside manner and awful to the nurses. Was rude to me from the minute I arrived at the hospital until I left, acted like I was interrupting her evening by going into labor. Didn't show up after nurses paged her for the actual delivery for over an hour and then had the nerve to scream at everyone in the room because the baby had already been delivered by the time she decided to grace us with her presence. Baby was crowning for 45 minutes. I was hysterical with pain, begging my husband to go find a doctor in the ER, before the nurses finally just let me push. It was an awful experience. If I ever walked into a L&D room again and saw her face I would walk to the next hospital before I'd let that woman near me again.

August 9th, 2014

Not overly thrilled

I currently 32 weeks pregnant...I will mention a few experiences why I am not Not overly thrilled. First off my nephew was delivered by dr. Mcmahon and she saved his life by immediate csection because the cord was wrapped...so i decided to go with her. My 1st issue is if you work and you want to book the latest appt, the best they can do is 4:30 and they act like highschool kids waiting for the final bell to get out of school. I just feel like they rush me so they can close bc 4:30 is sooo late for them, staff is rude about it. In addition i went to meet cutaldi who had a 5:00 apt and when i was done with her i was set to always get monthly blood work, a women came in and was like"im going to take your blood in here not the lab because im the only one left at the office who can, hopefully i can get you vein or your going to have to come back tomorrow" really lady?! I was like what time do you close and she was like NOW, and then i asked her why did you make my appt for 5 then? And she was like oh your fine...2ndly i gained 6 pounds in one month which put me at 10 lbs for the entire pregnancy at 6months. I agree i needed to watch more but she made me feel horrible and told me twice that i was endangering my baby of a still birth and made rude comments like, "what are u eating... U need to stop!" So felt like a terrible mother that visit. You can give me you professional opinion but have some tact. I couldn't even ask any questions i was about to burst into tears so i left quickly. 3rdly i drive from chicago to crown point so i leave work 1.5 hrs before my appts, so 3 for that late "4:30" apt. I get a call at 4 saying the dr jus got called into labor and i have to reschedule and when i asked if anyone else was available she was like "oh no everyones gone for the day" so i understand you cant plan for labor but why dont you have some oncall or cover for you office? Its not a high risk preg so i cud have even saw a nurse practitioner. Also you wait 5 months for that diagnostic ultrasound to hear if everything is appearing healthy and i had to as her about the results, she would never have said anything about it if i didnt ask. So i think the dr. Is good just busy and like mentioned businesslike and knows her stuff but her hard attitude and poor staff has really got me Not overly thrilled. Ill think twice to go there if we are blessed with another child.

May 24th, 2014

Absolutely Awful!

Dr. Mcmahon is not my primary OB but she was the doc on call from the practice the night I went into labor so I got stuck with her. When I went into labor I waited until my contractions were 5 minutes apart for a full hour before I called the office. Staff told me they would page her and she would call me. I waited another hour with no return call before I headed to the hospital (I was going to Crown Point from Munster so looking at a 30 minute drive give or take depending on traffic). Halfway there I called again and finally got a return call. I told her my contractions were 3 minutes apart. She told me to wait until they were 2 minutes apart before I came in. Um, no. I came in anyway and by the time I got there they were 2 minutes apart. Once I was admitted, the only greeting I got from her was a snarky 'So you decided to come anyway, huh?' As soon as I got there I asked for an epidural. It took 6 hours to get one. They did the epi so late that I was fully dilated 15 minutes later and it had 0 time to take effect. The nurse paged the Dr and we waited a full hour again (with my daughter literally crowning with every contraction) before the nurse took pity on me and finally let me push (twice) and delivered her. A few minutes later Dr stormed in throwing a tantrum screaming at anyone in her path because she missed the birth which was no ones fault but her own. She's got some nerve. Absolutely awful bedside manner, extremely rude and condescending. I did not return to my OB because I never wanted to see this woman again.

February 14th, 2014

Wonderful dr

I Love Dr McMahon. She answered all my questions and if I forgot any that could not wait until my next appt I called and received a call back. Staff was nice. Never had a bad experience. Had 2 c sections and My dr was very caring and understanding. She stayed past her time to do my c section.

July 12th, 2013

She's awesome!

Dr. McMahon has been my doctor for many, many years. She is also my daughter's doctor. I am very pleased with her and recommend her highly. Apparently some patients think she didn't give them enough time. Here's what I suggest. Have a list of questions. Or, if she says something you need clarified, don't be afraid to ask for a bit more of her time.

July 9th, 2013

I was referred to her bc my pregnancy was complicated. She seemed to not care at all. She was out of the exam room before I could ask any questions. I found myself chasing her down the hall to ask questions. She is very abrupt and businesslike. I had a lot of difficulty getting my prescriptions filled, and the office kept "losing" my paperwork. I am 28 weeks and am changing dr.s bc I can't stand the thought of seeing her again.

February 15th, 2013

Awful staff, awful doctor

The staff is rude. The nurses seem to think they can diagnose you over the phone to avoid having to schedule you to be seen. Dr is very condescending and abrupt. Will not go back for remainder of my pregnancy (8 weeks left).

May 16th, 2011

Finally a dr who listens!

After years of bouncing from one gyne to another, and having them tell me that what was happening to me "was not medically possible", Dr McMahon sat down and listened long enough to figure out what was really going on. It's wonderful to know that there is a dr willing to think a little outside the box when your body won't stay inside the lines....

March 20th, 2009

not for at risk pregnancies

I enjoyed Dr. McMahon when pregnant with my first. I unfortunately suffered a miscarriage in my following pregnancy, with no real explanation as to why, or probing to find why I hemorrhaged. The next pregnancy was very high risk, hemorrhaging, bedrest....no explanations, nothing but "well, maybe we'll see you next week". Also prescribed me a medication for anxiety that never should have been given, which did nothing for the anxiety which could have exacerbated the situation. I will not be returning for routine gynecological care.

January 6th, 2017