Dr. Jed Groom Is this you?

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Jed Groom?

August 24th, 2017

The Good Doctor

I have been a patience of Dr. Groom for more than 22 yrs. That alone should say it all but I must go on by saying that he is a true professional, caring Doctor and human Being. When I was hospitalized and diagnosed with a tumor on my pancreas, Dr. Groom paid me a visit every evening I was there just to reassure me. I read a review that said he was just after the money, well let me tell you he lives a simple life and still drives the same old pick up truck he has for many years. Yes it some times is a wait and the exam rooms are not sound proof so you can hear what the other patience's are suffering from but you also hear the same care an concern he offers to them and it never deviates. He has gotten to a point where he can't take on any new patience and some see this as a "selective" process, maybe, but Waimea and west Hawaii have grown considerably over the years and the demand far outweighs the supply of good Doctors which Doctor Jed Groom is!

September 28th, 2016

wholistic practioneer, x-fiance from mendocino and santa barbara

meet him before he was a doctor, he was injuied on a job site. It was an extremely severe injury. it inspired him to go back to med school because the excellent care the surgureon had given him in the hospital. He is a remarkable man and I imagine doctor.

June 18th, 2013

I have had multiple problems with Dr. Groom, my last visit being the worst. I was trying to understand how a referral worked and he got very rude with me. When I apologized and tried to explain my problem, he told me I was irritating him and to stop talking. When I apologized again and tried to ask my question, he ignored it and told me to take my referral paper to the front desk. I was very shocked and confused on why trying to ask a question turned into him treating me so poorly and unprofessionally. He has also made comments refering to questions I have had on symtoms such as 'I think thats just a woman thing', implying that because I was a woman, it couldn't be a serious issue. On top of that I have had incidents where other members of his staff are rude and unprofessional as well. His patient rooms have no privacy, and you can hear his conversations with all his other patients, and they yours, and inbetween each patient he records audio notes in his office, so you have additional wait time as well as full information on every patients problems. All in all I have found this doctor to be extremely unprofessional, and will be finding a new doctor. I wouldn't recommend him to anyone.

April 13th, 2012

Lacks privacy

Dr. Groom is a good Doctor,always profesional and caring. Only thing I dont like is the Exam rooms are small and not private, you can hear everything that is going on in the other rooms so I guess everyone can hear whats going on in my exam room also,that is my only negative about Dr. Groom.

August 27th, 2011

The doctor that we all remember

Dr. Jed Groom is the sort of old fashioned doctor that many of us remember from days long gone. He is thoughtful, attentive, and takes time to care about YOU and diagnose YOUR problem well. What else could someone want from a professional. His bedside manner and medical intelligence are spot on for each and every patient.Due to this caring and careful diagnosis, the reception time can be too long...but the wait is worth your patience. Dr. Groom was recommended to me by friends of mine who work in the medical field.

February 8th, 2011

this doctor insists that you keep coming in for visits so that he can collect your insurance money. He has a lot of patients and overbooks so that you have to wait for hours at a time...I don't think he cares about the patient just about the money

November 30th, 2015