Dr. Jeet Pillay MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 30th, 2013
Too busy for all of his patients?
The doctor is either hot or cold. Either really good or really bad. Kind, gentle manner, but want a dr. that is always on the ball, not sometime. Doesn't follow through with patients. poor communication between staff and doctor

April 19th, 2013
Dr. is very nice and has a good way with people. He seems to know a lot and puts one at ease.

September 2nd, 2012
Comforting, intelligent and a great listener
I met Dr. Pillay for the first time while admitted at the hospital. He was exceptional. He coordinated my care with several other doctors and always summarized everything in an understandable way for me and my family. He also had students and higher level trainees with him and he certainly takes teaching them seriously. He is my new primary care doctor and will be seeing my family as well. I highly recommend him. By the way, when you call the office, ask for Michele. She's great.

April 27th, 2012
Thorough and friendly
Spent a great deal of time with me and answered all my question. Clearly is intelligent. Teaches students and residents too

February 13th, 2012
He iok s OK for minor medical issues
Does not follow upHard to see - "Go to emergency""Sorry, can't get you in, he hasa meeting."He has more "meetings than any Dr. I know.Not truly dedicatedSome ideas to get you started:-Write about overall experiences-Write about what you like or dislike about your physician-Write about whether you would recommend-Write as if you are talking to a peer who is asking your opinion

November 25th, 2011
Very knowledgeable and sincerely cares!
Dr. Pillay's bedside manner is excellent. He put myself and my family at ease in a difficult situation. He and his team of residents and students go out of there way to communicate all aspects of care with us. Dr. Pillay made a diagnoses that several others didn't at two different facilities. We are happy to have our family under his care.

October 6th, 2011
Exceptional doctor
My family met Dr. Pillay in the hospital when he took care of a family member. He came to round every day even on the weekend. His demeanor and knowledge made us feel confident in him and he was very supportive and reassuring. If we weren't there he called us daily with an update. His residents and students were very friendly. He turned a difficult situation into a positive experience. Since then several members of our family now go to him for our care and have been very happy with that decision. A first rate physician that listens.

September 27th, 2011
Saved my mother's life !!!
Dr. Pillay was a third opinion. My mother who is in her late 50s and previously in great health became ill and we went to two other doctors over 9 months, did endless tests but never had a thorough physical exam. Dr. Pillay spent a lot of time with us, reviewed all the records we brought to him and performed a detailed exam. My mother was diagnosed with cancer but thankfully still able to receive treatment and is currently in remission. Thanks to Dr. Pillay her children and grandchildren have her for years to come.

September 13th, 2011
Dr. Pillay does not get back to you. You have to keep calling.

March 27th, 2011
Sincerely cares
Dr.Pillay is an excellent physician. I initially has a Beaumont doctor but came under his care during an admission at Ford West Bloomfield. He was the first to diagnose what I had. The care was exceptional including the constant communication with my worried family. Several of my friends and family now see Dr Pillay at the office and the experience there is exceptional!

October 25th, 2009
Dr. needs to follow up with patient.Dr. needs to end appt. with specifics as to what can be done, what he suggests, what to do if symptoms remain or worsen.Leaves patient up in the air and can't get answers. He does not return calls, or staff does not relay messages.