Dr. Jeff Eggart MD Patient Reviews

3.6

April 22nd, 2013
Mr.
I have been patient of Dr Eggart for 7 years ( just in case you are wondering I see him for wellness relating to cholesterol etc.). I have always found him to be the consummate professional and extremely well versed in his field of expertise. My health has improved quite considerably based on his advice/commendations and I visit his office about once to twice a year. Would highly recommend him to any patient looking for very sound nd beneficial advice. And by the way Amy his office assistant is a gem.

March 26th, 2013
High Cholesterol
I want to comment on a specific staff member at this office by the name of Jennifer and her approach to patients deters someone like myself from using an otherwise reputable doctor and finding out about his innovated treatment of high cholesterol. On three different occasions, Jennifer treated me unfriendly, rude, and in an unprofessional manner. My first interaction with Jennifer was in making my first appointment by phone when scheduling a GYN annual. She was abrupt on the phone and neglected to provide information besides the physical address of the office being in Myrtle Beach. It is actually nearly in Surfside! As a newcomer to Myrtle Beach and not recognizing the drive time, I was 15 minutes late for my appointment upon which she promptly scolded me as I walked through the door and treated me like a moron since I was not familiar with the location of Glenn’s Bay Road. That did not set up a pleasant tone for the remainder of the visit and why I choose a different GYN for all future visits. However, with Dr. Eggert's reputation with cholesterol treatment, I decided to give his office another shot and scheduled an appointment for this review. I ended up with a last minute conflict with this appointment as I was a back-up chaperone for my child’s field trip and could not make this appointment. Again, by phone, Jennifer treated me extemely rudely, and I therefore did not reschedule in order not to submit myself to such unprofessional treatment by an office staff member. About 4 months later, upon prompting of the GYN I was now using, I schedule another appointment at 3 pm on a Monday with a staff member by the name of Amy. She was what you would expect of someone in her role; polite, professional, and courteous. On the morning of the appointment when the office opened, I called and spoke to Amy and explained I needed to reschedule as the way my company works, we do not know our appointment times for each day until morning of, and I had a conflict that afternoon. Amy worked to reschedule me offering various options. I asked for a Friday appointment as that is my only week day off. Dr. Eggert does not work on Fridays, but Amy was helpful enough to offer a 9 am appointment the following week on a Wednesday, which I felt I had a better chance of being able to make as my recent pattern of work appointments were starting 11:30 am and later. I also confirmed with Amy that Dr. Eggert accepted Cigna insurance for treatment for high cholesterol as I had just received a letter that he was no longer approved with Cigna for GYN services. She confirmed Cigna was accepted and the letters were sent in error. A pleasant call and the appointment re-scheduled. The next day I find a voice mail on my work phone from Jennifer stating that Dr. Eggert’s time is very valuable and for the appointment I changed on Monday I would be charge $50 for not notifying the office 24 hrs in advance. I returned Jennifer’s call to be treated in her usual abrupt and ugly manner, told her Amy already took care of it and I was already re-scheduled. When she didn’t like that I told her I would not pay the $50 fee she hung up on me in mid conversation. This is more than even my co-pay for a full appointment!!! I called her back and told her I refused to pay this fee and would not do so. She stated I signed a form agreeing to do so. Since I have never even actually met Dr. Eggert or been reviewed for my high cholesterol, I found this hard to believe. I had only been to the GYN side of the practice and saw a nurse practitioner. I have interacted with 100s of doctors over the years, some world renowned, as my oldest son is a survivor of Leukemia. I have run into some, always the worst by the way, with the “God Complex” where their time is more valuable than yours, they can send nurse practitioners in their place, or just rescheduled you all together because they have a conflict.. This is usually the same fellow who makes you sit in a waiting room for a good 30 mins and then in a cold examination room half naked for another 15….but this is a first for me where an hourly office administrative worker acts as if she is Gabriel guarding God’s schedule. Too bad because I really wanted to meet Dr. Eggert and hear his approach for cholesterol treatment. But I won’t reschedule there solely due to Jennifer, and you can bet I will demand to see the form she states I signed that I would pay more than my co-pay to reschedule an appointment within less than 24 hrs. Beware.

August 3rd, 2011
Horrible!!!!!!
I will never return to this office. I saw the Nurse Practioner. She was extremely rude, rushed through the exam, and her diagnosis was inaccurate after I saw another physician the next day for a second opinion and this was confirmed. The triage (where they take your vitals was a joke as well( I don't even think the woman doing this was a medical assistant let alone an actual nurse. The office is very run down and not very clean either. Overall I have to say this office is the worst in this area as far as OB/GYN practices. They really should be ashamed of the practice and the way it is ran. Either clean up their act and attitudes and be professional or shut the practice (if you can even call it that)down. Nobody deserves to be treated the way I was. Everyone deserves to be treated with respect and courtesy. This was NOT the case in this office. This office and the employees in it are nothing but a few clowns short of a circus!!!!

July 7th, 2011
Dr. Eggart delivered my son over 24 years ago. He and his absolutely wonderful staff have been a part of my life ever since the very first visit! He isn't just your doctor, he cares so much about each and every patient of his practice! He and his staff go out of their way to make all times in your life manageable, through good and bad. Thank you for being my doctor and my friend! And thank you to Jennifer, Amy, Lynne, and Nicole for learning how to be just as caring as he is!! Thank God for sending that office into my life at such an early age, when I truly needed the care only Dr. Eggart's office has the bedside manner to deliver!!!

January 11th, 2011
Saved My Life
Jeff not everyone knows how important it is to get blood levels tested. Thanks to you I'll live a safer life knowing mine is under control but without your knowledge I'd have had a heart attack. Thanks Dr. Eggart

November 3rd, 2010
Initial Visit
I have never been as insulted as I was by this doctor. When I asked questions I felt as though I offended him but that is why I was there, to understand and ask. Last I checked we only have on God that I don't question. The rest, I like to understand before I act.