Dr. Jeff Zabel MD Patient Reviews

3.1

• Good
  • Bad

March 19th, 2011
I was referred to Dr Zabel due to stomach issues and the first statement from him was "I do not know what I am seeing you for?" I was not expecting that kind of welcome, cold and callous. So, I provided him with a summary of my gastrointestinal issues. I told him about the medications and simply adjusted the dosage on one and ordered other tests. Per my primary care physician's recommendation, he told me to follow up with him. So, on the day of the appointment I was told that he refused to see me as well as anybody else in his group since he was the head of the department. I was told to get a referral to an out of network provider. I would never entrust my health care to him. Thank God for other doctors who really care about their patients, we just have to look harder just not in Nevada anymore.

February 4th, 2009
Doctor Injures Patient During Routine Colonoscopy
During a routine colonoscopy Dr. Zabel perforated my colon. When I woke up,I was in excrutiatingg pain and told the nurse there was something terribly wrong. I had two other colonoscopies in the past ten years and never felt so much pain afterwards. I begged the nurse to let me lay down just for a few minutes and she raised her voice at me to get up and get dressed and I was practically chased out of the clinic. Prior to the colonoscopy, I never met Dr. Zabel as I was already put under. During the drive home, I was in and out of conciousness. When I got home, an ambulance was called and a call to Dr. Zabel was made to inform him. He was told that I was being taken to the hospital as I was in extreme pain. He did not say much and only asked if I was bleeding.By that time the ambulance arrived and took me to the nearest hospital whereby I had a catscan went immediately into surgery to repair the damage. I was in intensive care for two days and stayed in the hospital off and on for a month and had home care for almost 4 months. I had to have an ileostomy(bag on my stomach to collect waste). Not even an apology from Dr. Zabel or even a follow-up with my surgeon. Just mounting hospital bills and medical & home care bills and a horrific, painful and depressing experience all caused by a doctor. How callous and uncaring can this doctor be? I thank God for helping me through this ordeal as I was ready to give up on life.

December 5th, 2008
I have never rated a doctor here in Vegas before, but Dr Zabel showed such concern over my health and took the time to thoroughly review my history and found some problems that I was unaware of. He is caring and doesn't waste any time getting to the root of the problem. Thank God I finally found a doctor who knows what he is doing. I now feel completely confident in the care I am receiving.

February 12th, 2017