Dr. Jefferey Michaelson MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

June 20th, 2016
Fixed my hip!
Surgery went awesome. Had almost zero pain after surgery. My range of motion was back to normal within 2 weeks. Very happy with my results. I would recommend Dr. Michaelson to anyone who needs hip surgery!

March 11th, 2016
The BEST orthopedic surgeon
Dr. Michaelson did a wonderful job on my rotator cuff surgery (most recently) and a SLAP repair (a few years ago). He patiently answers all of my questions. He thoughtfully and logically reaches a diagnosis. My visits are never rushed. Getting an appointment with him is difficult. I guess when you're that good, everyone wants you. I would very highly recommend him to anyone who needs orthopedic surgery. He loves what he does and it shows!

December 1st, 2015
Excellent surgeon, wonderful care
Dr. Jeffrey Michaelson is an excellent surgeon AND a lovely human being. He is THE preferred surgeon for professional athletes, including those that are physicians themselves.

October 30th, 2012
Knee Operation.
Had full range of movement 3 days after surgery. Did not need any help walking after 4 days. Dr. Michaelson took all the time I needed to understand what he was going to do. Great job. It did take 6 weeks to get an appointment. When your good everyone wants to see you! Glad I waited.

June 5th, 2012
Terrible follow up
No follow up by this dr. Seemed nice and informative, but post op completely dropped the ball. I did not recover well and need a new surgery.

April 14th, 2011
I'm a circulating nurse in the OR and I chose to drive 1 1/2 hours to see Dr. Michaelson to get the best care possible for my daughter. I feel she received the highest quality care from Dr. Michaelson and I recommend him to anyone who asks.

November 10th, 2010
Dr Michaelson fixed my shoulder and knee
Dr. Michaelson got me back in action after I tore my rotator cuff, which was misdiagnosed by an urgent care facility. Quick, simple, accurate diagnosis and treatment.He later reconstructed my ACL. I had almost zero pain during recovery, was back on a bike in 5 weeks, did a triathlon 5 1/2 months after surgery and was back to soccer at 7 months. He's the best!

September 13th, 2010
A wonderful Dr.
I have had 3 surgeries on my right knee. Two surgeries with another Dr. and seeing 5 other Dr.'s for opinions on the third surgery needed I decided on Dr. Michaelson. He spends enough time w/me and answers all my questions and my husbands questions who goes w/me for appointments. When I leave the Dr.'s office I feel I have a full understanding of what is going on medically. My third surgery went well. I travel over 45 minutes from where I live to have Dr. Michaelson as my Dr. There are times when the wait is long, but I understand that emergencies come up w/other patients. It has happened to me on a Monday that I needed to be "squeezed" in after being in pain over the weekend. Overall, he is a wonderful Dr. w/a great staff.

July 10th, 2010
Another Surgery
My daughter had a torn ACL, damage to her meniscus and a possible tear to her PCL. We had to wait 53 days after seeing Dr. Michaelson at the first visit until he had an "opening" to do surgery. We chose to wait as Dr. Michaelson is one of the few Dr's who could do repairs to all 3 areas of her knee. Surgery went great (or so we thought), after several weeks of therapy, she still could not fully extend or straighten her knee.Surgery #2 - manipulation was done to make certain there was nothing blocking the knee. During manipulation, Dr. Michaelson could bend and straighten her knee. More PT...after another 2 weeks of PT she still can not bend or straighten her knee normally. Surgery #3 - not yet done but scheduled - going to do a scope to make sure nothing is in the way and also put her in a full leg cast for two weeks to stretch out the hamstring. This may solve the tight hamstring but what are the side effects of not doing any bending for two weeks???