Dr. Jefferson Hurley Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Jefferson Hurley?

November 6th, 2015

AVOID AT ALL COSTS

From the beginning they messed up and didn't schedule my surgery. They blamed it on a fax issue and being understaffed. Through 3 follow up appointments and telling Dr. Hurley something wasn't right every time, he kept saying I was fine and did no further tests or investigation on why I wasn't healing. Even after he said he had never had a patient that had such a difficult recovery. I ended up getting a terrible infection that could have been avoided and had a 3 day hospital visit. I changed to a different doctor who immediately noticed a fissure that had been the source of my continued pain and bleeding. My new doctor said it had been there for a while due the the width of it, and recommended immediate surgery. Dr. Hurley wasted my time, money and sanity for 2 months. He initally told me it would be a 2 week recovery...now I am over 2 months in with a few more weeks to go. Thank goodness I am finally on the road to recovery, no thanks to Dr. Hurley.

July 20th, 2015

Patient Beware

Doctor Hurley not only showed up for my surgery 1 hour late, he left me with excruciating pains as a result of adhesions and a hernia that had to later be corrected by another surgeon at Baylor Dallas over 1 year after Hurley's intervention.

March 6th, 2015

A truly incredible doctor.

Dr. Hurley is an incredible surgeon and human being. He truly cares about his patients quality of life. He performed a three part j pouch surgery when I was 19. It's been nearly 9 years and I'm still feeling great. I had UC (so bad I needed blood transfusions) and my Mom asked my GI doctor (a different doctor) who he would recommend. She said with desperation "please don't just give me the name of someone who you or your practice is affiliated with, please tell me who is the absolute best for my young daughter". His response was "Dr. Jeff "Hurley. Enough said.

February 16th, 2015

I'm so thankful I came across Dr. Hurley

I was diagnosed with a severe case of ulcerative colitis at a young age. After a while the medicine stopped working. I tried everything before eventually being informed that I needed surgery. I was terrified. I wanted the best surgeon that I could find. So I googled & googled & finally was referred to Dr. Hurley. I had to undergo a three-part j-pouch surgery. The surgeries were done completely robotically & laproscopically with the da vinci surgical system. Before these surgeries my quality of life was horrible. I just stayed at home using the restroom in pain. Now that I've had all 3 surgeries my life has dramatically improved. I can't emphasize how much of an amazing surgeon this guy is. The pain was minimal, the recovery was quick, & the scarring was minimal for what was performed. I had a good amount of anxiety before each surgery & then he would come in to greet me with a calm & confident demeanor that really helped calm me down. His staff & the people he works with in the hospital are all very friendly. I'm very appreciative for the quality service that I received from Dr. Hurley & am glad to be able to live my life without a disease holding me back.

October 10th, 2013

Everyone is supposed to be someone

As an RN I have seen many many physicians in my over 30 years. I have seen doctors who are supposed to be orthopedic doctors..that is what they do best. I have seen neuro...brain and spinal surgeons..that is what they do best and so on and so on. Dr. Hurley was sent to be a GI physician/surgeon. I can home today from a significant surgical procedure and am well enough to sit and write this review. He was excellent in every way. Please consider Dr. Hurley for every problem you might incur.

August 10th, 2011

Kind, courteous, calm and patient

We recently had the misfortune of needing Dr. Hurley's expertise ...my mom required surgery. He made an otherwise impossibly stressful situation, somehow possible. He is good at what he does but more importantly, he is a good person. I would recommend him to anyone who is in need of a good colorectal surgeon. Additionally, his partner, Dr. Crim, is another fantastic human being who covered for him once while my mother was at the hospital ... what a gentleman he was.

August 21st, 2010

He is a very caring and curteous doctor but his office staff is rude and does not answer you questions.

August 19th, 2008

I HAVE CROHNS DISEASE

THIS DOCTOR AND ASSOC. SAVED MY LIFE. HE IS A WARM, KIND VERY WELL BESIDE MANORED AND VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE ABOUT HIS SPECIALITY. HE STAYED WITH ME AS A PATIENT UNTIL HE COULD FIX ME WHEN OTHER DOCTORS COULD NOT.I AM SO THANKFUL FOR HIM. GOD HAS BLESSED ME AND MY HUSBAND WITH HIM. BECAUSE WITHOUT HIM I WOULD NOT BE HERE AND WELL AGAIN. THANK YOU DOC!!!!

September 22nd, 2017