Overall Review

3.9

March 15th, 2016
Best Personal Physician I've Ever Had!!!
Dr. Laubenthal exemplifies personal care...which is a tremendous feat in such a large practice! Regardless of how busy he and his staff are, he consistently takes the time to connect on a personal level and answers any questions I have with empathy and professionalism. In addition, he has been able to diagnose issues that have dumbfounded other physicians. Dr. Laubenthal won't quit until he has a solid diagnosis and then he develops a treatment plan that is effective. I have lived all over the country and can say unequivocally that Dr. Laubenthal is one of the absolute best in the nation.

March 4th, 2016
Great doc and great guy

February 23rd, 2016
Awesome Doctor & staff.
Dr. Laubenthal & staff has cared for my family for many years. We have always received exceptional attention and service. Each visit, whether for wellness or sickness, we pick up the conversation and history where we last left off. We've been blessed with an awesome Doctor & staff.

August 14th, 2015
bad things happen when a doctor doesn't research
I went to see Dr Laubenthal b/c I had been tired and just drained lately. At the appointment, when the dr mentioned that low testosterone could be to blame I mentioned that my wife and I had been trying to conceive with no results. He then said he felt that low testosterone was definitely the problem, that low T would lower sperm counts and asked would I be willing to come and get testosterone shots. I said I would definitely do that if low testosterone was the problem. After getting the shots for months, with no luck getting pregnant my wife and I went to see a fertility specialist. After some testing he said my had literally no sperm count and was completely blown away by this as we have one child that we had no trouble conceiving. The doctor asked for a list of medicines and blew his top when we told him about the testosterone. He said that testosterone in higher doses essentially acts as birth control for men. That that was exactly why my sperm count was non-existent. He was also very troubled that a doctor was giving that medication to help someone conceive. When we got home I called Dr Laubenthal, not out of anger but wanting to tell him what had happened so he wouldn't give it to anyone else that might want children. He refused to take my call. Nurse said that "he doesn't talk to patients over the phone". That "we were welcome to make an appt (and pay him) to talk about the problem. Keep in mind that my family had been seeing Dr Laubenthal since his first day in that practice...years! We just couldn't get over the fact that our family doctor had essentially sterilized me and didn't care enough to pick up the phone and talk about it. We had no interest in a lawsuit as a lot of people would and no intention of leaving his practice. I just expected him to be as concerned as we were. Needless to say, I personally didn't go back to the good doctor unless there were no other options. I stopped the testosterone shots and after a few months all got back to normal. Be very, very careful by blindly following your doctor! I believe Laubenthal is a great diagnostician but I also have noticed a dramatic drop in patient care and service since the practice moved into it's fancy new offices. They take way too many patients and when a doctor is rushed bad things can happen.

April 27th, 2015
Dr. Laubenthal is a caring, knowledgeable doctor who always takes time with each patient.

April 9th, 2015
I had a wonderful experience in this office...Great Dr

April 4th, 2015
Great doctor, great staff!

February 3rd, 2015
Ms.
Really too bad that he is a nice chap and good doctor, I think, but who can wait 2 hrs when you are feeling sick with fever? Is this a caring DR.? No. Its all about money. I wish he would pay more attention to time, office staff. He is all about the dollars and greed.

December 29th, 2014
With a blood test Dr. Laubenthal and Lacey Quarles caught Cancer on my Kidney. Had it removed two days later. They saved my life. Hardly anything gets by them. They really care about your health.

December 16th, 2014
Great team
Dr Laubenthal has the best bedside manor of any doctor Ive ever seen.

April 20th, 2014
Maybe
you'll see him,maybe you wont,says he will do something then when he wont do it ,sends in his NP to do dirty work.must have been at the Bama Baseball Complex,probably got a better chance seeing him there,could be a great Dr,but losing site of what got him there

February 24th, 2014
fake caring til it matters
First of all, I believe that Dr. Laubenthal is a very intelligent doctor. I also believe that his "caring" attitude is totally fake. I've always believed he truly cared about my child's well being however that was until my child appeared to have strep throat and he refused to treat him. The scheduler said he was completely booked for the day and I explained to her that I checked his throat and it appears to be strep and how even though they are full he really doesn't need to be seen I would just like for him to be swabbed. She said they don't just do swabs and he would have to be seen but would have to wait for several hours as a walk in. This is basically for money. If he just gets swabbed they can't get their copay and insurance money because he wasn't seen by the physician. There is no reason for this rule by insurance standards its just a method to get as much money as possible from a patient. Honestly, they could have charged me whatever they wanted I just wanted my child cared for. As soon as I said I wanted his medical records to look into going elsewhere Dr. Laubenthal was quoted by his staff as saying "If you have to consider taking him elsewhere then I wish him all the best but its probably best that you just go ahead and take him there and if you can't find another primary physician you can always take him to medcenter" As a mom and also a nurse I find it appalling that a physician would refuse care to a sick pre-existing pediatric patient. I work in an office setting myself and would never dream of treating a patient as poorly as their office staff routinely does. He is a very intelligent man in my opinion but sometimes being an intelligent physician cannot outweigh being awful human being. I never write reviews but I think this sort of issue is something a parent should be aware of before having their child under his care.