Otolaryngologist (ear, nose, throat)
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

|  not comfortable at all  |  show details
by lali on Feb 28th, 2013

1st app waited 25min in waiting room another 35 for him to see me!!he schedules me for a biopsy said it was going to be small incision not to many stiches. front counter said they would call me the day before to give me the time of the surgery! they never called i had to call the outpatient department to ask! surgery day comes and i advised them that i get really sick with the anesthesia and they said they had medication to avoid that! Well i puke for hours,( he didn’t use stiches he used GLUE and the scar takes a whole side of my neck), they even released me from the hospital while still puking on the hall ways! this was very irresponsible i should've been stable before leaving the premises. a week later scar opened from one side and told them that i was constantly bleeding, they said they were going to let the doctor know and call me back they never did! horrible feeling of dripping blood every hour! and for them is normal. i didn’t feel like anyone in that office care at all. every time i called because something not normal was going on it would take about 6 hrs for them to get back to me and say is normal. it felt like they were only there for the money and nothing else. No patient care

Nov 9th, 2012

Best Dr. in the world.

Jul 10th, 2012

Absolutely the best !! caring,kind,concerned supportive ,encouraging inforrmative

|  eh  |  show details
Jun 8th, 2012

No bedside manner whatsoever and I don't think he cares @ all... Good.surgeon though as far as practice.. Follow up was eh

|  Diagnosis and Treatment Exceptional  |  show details
Jan 22nd, 2012

I was very pleased with Dr. Magnuson's professionalism, care and concern as he diagnosed, removed and saw me again for a carcinoma on my lip and then in my lymph node. Other doctors had brushed my concern off but he was right on with the diagnosis and treatment.

|  Don't trust this man!  |  show details
Jun 2nd, 2011

He did a biopsy on my husband, told him it was cancer. Looked down his throat a few weeks later and saw no cancer. Told him he was going ahead with the operation to take his epiglottis out and would take another biopsy and if there was still no cancer, he would wake him up. He didn't see cancer according to my husbands medical records, but took it completely out. Needless to say I would never recommend this doctor. He likes to use the new robot at uab!

May 4th, 2011

I feel that Dr. Magnuson is a wonderful doctor. He and his staff are very concerned and caring towards their patients. My husband was diagnosed with tonsil cancer that had metasized to the lymph nodes in his neck. He performed surgery very soon after the diagnosis and his follow up has been exceptional. He gives my husband his full attention and always seems truly concerned. He saved my husband's life and thanks to him and God he's been cancer free for 3 years now. He treated my husband much more agressively than other physicians we had seen prior. He's an outstanding man.

Sep 14th, 2010

I don't feel that he listened to me at all. He discounted everything I had to say & what my gut feelings were about my issue. Even though he told me a growth I had did not appear to be malignant he recommended radiation. I was told his office would call to schedule & I never heard from them. I took that as a sign. I felt he & his staff were cold & impersonal.