Dr. Jeffrey Merz Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Jeffrey Merz?

Colonoscopy

Colonoscopy

Have you seen Dr. Jeffrey Merz?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

September 9th, 2013

Knowledgeable Dr/Surgeon that's Caring, Honest, & Communicates Well

My family GP set up appt w/ Dr Merz, as he's 80 miles from our home. I was 1st impressed w/his nurse & her personality & professionalism. Good knowledgeable of my many daily Rx's & med. allergies. When Dr Merz came in, he was warm & polite. I felt at ease when he already knew my entire file & history he'd be given access to. He'd even done research into my 19 yr progressive Neurological disease history before this 1st appt for new health condition! He knew importance of discussing how my disease could interfere w/surgery & recovery. Then came 'THE KICKER' of it all, (since this was a consulting appt), Dr Merz gave us his true opinion. HE felt I possibily will need 2 surgeries done instead of just 1 surgery. But Kearney has NO Speciality Surgeon for the 2nd surgery I'd need. Option #1: Do 1st surgery w/him @ Krny, then transfer to Lincoln or Omaha (only cities in NE where 'that Specialized Surgeon's' located), if 2nd surgery is needed. Option #2: Just BEGIN in Lincoln or Omaha, then if both surgeries are needed, 2nd Speciality Surgeon is available for fastest access. I respected his HONESTY w/me! Realized that doing Option #1 w/him, it could have double the $$$'s in expense & longer recovery w/my disease. His willingness to refer me on, instead of helping fill a business/surgery quota or take our money said SO much about the character of Dr Merz. Highly recommend him!

August 8th, 2011

Excellent surgeon and caring physician!

Dr. Merz is everything I could have asked for in a surgeon - competent and conservative in his technical skills and compassionate and caring in his bedside manner. I would not think of going to see anyone else when/if I ever need a surgeon again.

May 12th, 2011

Very pleased

Dr. Merz is very personable, very knowledgeable and (although I was of course asleep during surgeries) seems to be very skilled. One thing I particularly like is that he knows who you are and the details of your case when he walks in the room. No flipping back and forth through your file trying to remember while he's talking to you. His office staff is very accomodating and friendly. Except for the necessity of having the surgery, having him for a doctor is a very positive experience.